PDA

View Full Version : Nosferatu & the new Day otd.

Cody
24-Feb-2009, 10:47 PM
Got together with a friend and watched these movies lastnight

Nosferatu, for how old it was, that movie was awesome! The musical score was awesome aswell. It reminded me of Zeldas or Final Fantasys music. It really was alot like Bram's Dracula.:D

As far as Day is concerned..my thoughts on that movie is this, "Letsm make a zombie movie, clain its a Romero remake, and name a few characters after the ones in the original". It was an ok movie.

krakenslayer
24-Feb-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm I'm thinking straight, wasn't Nosferatu (original) a silent movie? So any soundtrack on the DVD would have to have been recorded (and possibly) written since the film's original release. It might be the case that the music was originally composed for the film when it was made - to be played on a piano accompaniment to the movie - but there is a good chance it was something put together for the DVD release.

I'd look it up but I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed. :D :bored:

Yeah, Nosferatu is great. You should also check out the silent version of Phantom of the Opera, you'd love it if you likes Nosferatu.

Mike70
25-Feb-2009, 12:34 AM
werner herzog's version of nosferatu kicks as well. granted it doesn't have the power of the original but it is a damn fine film in its own right.

capncnut
25-Feb-2009, 08:41 AM
Nice one, Codes. Nosferatu is one of my all time faves. And yeah, Mike, Herzog's remake is a corker. In fact, most things with Herzog's name attached is a corker. I gotta admit, his upcoming remake of Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage and Val Kilmer intrigues me.

Skippy911sc
25-Feb-2009, 03:01 PM
I gotta admit, his upcoming remake of Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage and Val Kilmer intrigues me.

WHAT!!!

You have to be kidding...that movie rocked, and is not that old. Are they going to make a re-make of Jurassic Park next???

I like the expression, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Sorry for the rant...Nos was a great film, there was also a movie about the making of this film (fictional) with Defoe as the Vamp, don't remember the name though.

MoonSylver
25-Feb-2009, 05:50 PM
Nos was a great film, there was also a movie about the making of this film (fictional) with Defoe as the Vamp, don't remember the name though.

Shadow of the Vampire. Quite a different flick.

capncnut
25-Feb-2009, 10:40 PM
You have to be kidding...that movie rocked, and is not that old. Are they going to make a re-make of Jurassic Park next???
Maybe we're just oldies but Bad LT is a good sixteen years old - that is still quite recent though. Looking forward to it regardless...

krakenslayer
25-Feb-2009, 10:45 PM
I gotta admit, his upcoming remake of Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage and Val Kilmer intrigues me.

Can't wait to see Nicholas Cage jacking off at the kerbside. :lol:

capncnut
25-Feb-2009, 10:50 PM
"Thassit, open your mouth, you l'il f**k. Take that f**kin' gum outta your mouth..."

Mike70
25-Feb-2009, 10:56 PM

i bet you can't, you dirty little freak.:lol::D

krakenslayer
25-Feb-2009, 10:59 PM
"Thassit, open your mouth, you l'il f**k. Take that f**kin' gum outta your mouth..."

Yep, all the while maintaining his default "acting" face:
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/10067/10067.jpg

Seriously, he does that exact facial expression throughout every movie he is in. :lol:

Mike70
26-Feb-2009, 12:52 AM

Seriously, he does that exact facial expression throughout every movie he is in. :lol:

he's like the derek zoolander of acting! i wonder if the look in that pic is supposed to be blue steel or magnum?:D

MinionZombie
26-Feb-2009, 10:10 AM
Maybe we're just oldies but Bad LT is a good sixteen years old - that is still quite recent though. Looking forward to it regardless...
Indeed, that's damn recent.

The original movie is quality, and when I heard it was being remade I just groaned - but it's Werner Herzog ... so are we going to actually get a proper remake in amongst this tidal wave of sheer shit?

Mind you, The Poseidon Adventure got remade by the chap who did Das Boot, and it turned out to be complete shite.

I don't know why it has to be remade, but I sincerely hope it's actually got a point to it, and turns out to be worthwhile - because if Herzog's at the wheel, there's gotta be a good film coming, right?

slickwilly13
26-Feb-2009, 12:45 PM

Looks like a giant bird flew over and took a shit on his shoulder.

MinionZombie
26-Feb-2009, 05:26 PM
Looks like a giant bird flew over and took a shit on his shoulder.
Or one of the girls from 2 Girls 1 Cup. :lol: