PDA

View Full Version : Documentary filmmaker looking for interviews

max veers
04-Mar-2009, 03:22 AM
I am making a non-commercial documentary about the zombie and undead films done in and around Pittsburgh (the original Dead trilogy, The Crazies, Martin, Season of the Witch, and Creepshow). I've been contacting independent filmmakers, authors, musicians, and other artists to get interviews to talk about their work and how they've been inspired by these films, as well as organizers of festivals, zombie walk coordinators, genre historians, etc. I've recently considering adding a few interviews from FANS, as well, especially if they write or do anything creative with the zombie genre that is inspired by these films.

So, if you own a camera and a microphone and wish to do an interview, or even just have a webcam and mic (like the hardware that comes stock on all new Macbooks and Apple products), get in touch with me here via message or email. Let me know your history with the genre and we can go from there.

Thanks guys, I hope to hear from you!

DjfunkmasterG
04-Mar-2009, 12:14 PM
Indie guys I encourage you to do this, max was one of the make-up FX artists on Deadlands 2, and he is a huge fan of everything zombie.

max veers
04-Mar-2009, 03:00 PM
I appreciate the vote of confidence and recommendation. I still need to get your interview sometime!

DjfunkmasterG
04-Mar-2009, 05:38 PM
I will pretty much be free anytime after this weekend. Hit me up in YIM maybe we can set something up for the following weekend.

max veers
04-Mar-2009, 07:15 PM
Actually, the following weekend is the big trip to Pittsburgh! So, if anyone is interested in the Pittsburgh area, keep that in mind, 13-16 we can do an in-person interview. But, Gary, I'm sure we can work out something soon. I'll send you a message on YIM soon.

Phenia Films
05-Mar-2009, 04:13 PM
Max,
how about this...sounds like what your looking for

Joe B

http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/2008/06/05/flowers-for-the-dead-an-interview/

http://www.popstarsplus.com/movies_f_flowersforthedead.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwc6uieVIxw&feature=channel_page
YOUTUBE 'Making of'

posted a bunch of things here at HPOT too..
'Filmakers/Screenplays'

max veers
05-Mar-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually, I'm working with Joe for an interview. His stuff is extremely interesting. Gary Streiner, who's organizing the Living Dead Festival, got us in touch with eachother.

Phenia Films
06-Mar-2009, 12:07 AM
Charles?
(its me):cool:..thought it was you who started this thread.
hope to see you at Chiller..Ill have some clips for you too (some behind the scene things..) incl. shooting scenes from Evans City Cemetery/Franklin Rd

JB

max veers
06-Mar-2009, 08:32 AM
Sounds good, man. I think I've got some of the people I'm working with interested in Chiller now, so we should be able to make it up there.

Kinda funny that the two responders have been friends. There's a Disney ride about this, I think.

Phenia Films
02-Apr-2009, 01:06 PM
hows your project coming along Max Veers..
will you still be attending the 'Chiller' show next month?

i have some footage(clips,Behind the scenes,running commentary stuff) for you to see Gary S. has it at the moment, but should have it back before or at the show..check with him if intersted in seeing