PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Reese On John Connor.

3pidemiC
04-Mar-2009, 08:39 PM
Mr. Biehn is my hero...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/03/john-connors-dad-bale-rant-kinda-sad/

AcesandEights
04-Mar-2009, 08:54 PM
Biehn, now there's a motherfucker I love to see get work and he has a point. Maybe Bales will have a better attitude when he's doing S.E.A.L.s II :p

clanglee
04-Mar-2009, 09:05 PM
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/jsbstash_2044_20516970

MinionZombie
04-Mar-2009, 09:26 PM
OOOoooohhhh. . . Navy SEALS!!!!
Damn straight! I loved that movie - I don't care about the bad rap it got, that movie was fun as hell. :cool:

Michael Biehn - HELL YES. That dude fuckin' rocks, and it was kick arse of the highest order when I found out he was in Planet Terror - even just saying "son of a bitch!" in the Thanksgiving trailer was gold. That dude needs more high profile parts in kick ass flicks like Planet Terror these days - the dude's just class. :cool:

krakenslayer
04-Mar-2009, 10:37 PM
I like Beihn. He's a good guy. Notice how, even when he's approached in the street by a complete stranger harassing him about something he's not even involved with, he approaches the situation with such a friendly, professional attitude. He's a great actor and a great guy and he really deserves more recognition than he gets - he was a huge part of the acting scene in the 80s and he really should get more recognition for that.

zombie04
05-Mar-2009, 01:33 AM
I love that guy! I only wish they didn't kill him off so early in The Rock. Sure Sean Connery can kick ass at any moment he wants, but keeping Biehn a little longer would've been nice.

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh hell yeah - I was so chuffed to see Biehn in The Rock, and then - yet again - he gets to kick some buckets.

Not only do we want more Biehn roles in major pictures, we want less of his characters getting snuffed out - even in Planet Terror he gets the chop, but at least he had a good death scene, all that stuff about BBQ sauce. :D

Tricky
05-Mar-2009, 10:07 AM
I was gutted when they killed Hicks off in Alien 3,he was a kick arse character!

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2009, 10:29 AM
I was gutted when they killed Hicks off in Alien 3,he was a kick arse character!
Damn straight, while Alien 3 isn't a disaster, it could have used Hicks. :cool:

Funny that Biehn got paid more for his picture on a screen in one scene, than he did for Aliens.

Skippy911sc
05-Mar-2009, 10:23 PM
I think the twist, in T series, should have been that Kyle is actually John and he is just nuts! he goes back in time has sex with his mother and creates himself...develops a paradox and the terminators are trying to save the planet. HAHAHAHAHA

:elol::elol::elol::elol:

sandrock74
07-Mar-2009, 01:27 AM
Bien is cool. I always loved him as Johnny Ringo!

DawnGirl27
07-Mar-2009, 02:00 PM
I totally agree with what you guys said. I have loved Michael Biehn since Aliens and have caught all of his movies and TV appearances. He definately has the chops to be handed a great script and lead in it again - he has enough of a fan base to pull it off, in my opinion. I've been waiting for him to get something where he can show a whole new generation what a great, versatile actor he really is. :cool:

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2009, 06:09 PM
I totally agree with what you guys said. I have loved Michael Biehn since Aliens and have caught all of his movies and TV appearances. He definately has the chops to be handed a great script and lead in it again - he has enough of a fan base to pull it off, in my opinion. I've been waiting for him to get something where he can show a whole new generation what a great, versatile actor he really is. :cool:
At the very least he got into Planet Terror - where he promptly took names and added them to his "pwned" list. :cool:

When he marches into the hospital, shotgun in hand, oh man - pure awesome. :)

Plus, Kyle Reese and especially Dwayne Hicks are two of cinema's finest on screen heroes. Chicks wanna be his, dudes wanna be him. Hicks utterly owns Aliens for the men, while Ripley is obviously owning the female side - it's a DAMN SHAME Hicks didn't make it into Alien 3. A damn shame.

Still - he was in some of the books that essentially ignored Alien 3, if memory serves Hicks - as a dude of about 50 - becomes quite the object of affection for a grown up Newt. Blimey - sex and everything, if memory serves ... but that was when Newt was re-named "Billie" and Hicks was re-named "Wilks", as a result of Alien 3 coming along and killing off pure awesome. It's been ages since I read some of those books. :D

This said, Alien 3, on it's own - especially the "assembly cut" - is actually pretty good. But as a follow-up to Aliens? Fail.

We want Biehn! We want Biehn! We want Biehn!

3pidemiC
08-Mar-2009, 03:09 PM
Wait, Wilks was supposed the be Hicks!? I read that novel in 6th grade! If so, I need to go back and read that again.

krakenslayer
08-Mar-2009, 03:58 PM
Wait, Wilks was supposed the be Hicks!? I read that novel in 6th grade! If so, I need to go back and read that again.

Yeah, the book was originally written before Alien 3 and was intended as a sequel to Aliens and was originally printed with Hicks and Newt reprising their roles. After Alien 3 came out, when the book was being reprinted, 20th Century Fox for some reason made them change the characters, I can't remember why exactly, so Billie and Wilks were born. I believe you can still find early editions, in libraries and online, with Hicks and Newt in their rightful place.

MinionZombie
08-Mar-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the book was originally written before Alien 3 and was intended as a sequel to Aliens and was originally printed with Hicks and Newt reprising their roles. After Alien 3 came out, when the book was being reprinted, 20th Century Fox for some reason made them change the characters, I can't remember why exactly, so Billie and Wilks were born. I believe you can still find early editions, in libraries and online, with Hicks and Newt in their rightful place.
Although it's still kind obvious when reading it, even with the names changed, who they're supposed to be - I came to the same conclusion myself when reading some of those books back when I was in my early teens.