PDA

View Full Version : interesting factoids about wooley...

Mike70
07-Mar-2009, 03:56 PM
or i should say, the man who played wooley, james baffico. turns out ol'wooley has an M.A from the univ of nebraska and a Ph.D. from the univ of michigan. he is mostly a soap opera director when not acting and has won (along with the rest of the directing team) 2 daytime emmys and been nominated for 6 others.

funny that someone who has played mostly boorish louts is actually an egghead and a soap opera director to boot.

if anyone knows this info to be in error, please offer a correction. i am getting this from wikipedia and IMDB, both decent sources if things are referenced properly but sometimes...

capncnut
08-Mar-2009, 01:21 AM
Tom Savini comment from UK Dawn DVD:

"There's Jim Baffico. He's a director, directs soap operas on television and he teaches drama at..."

He was about to say where but then he gets distracted by a headshot. :lol:

strayrider
08-Mar-2009, 05:32 AM
That is talent! Romero made a mistake when he stopped casting actors like Jim Baffico in his films. That's what made his work so appealing -- real people in unreal situations.

:D

ps -- don't include Patricia Tallman in reference to my above comment. :p

http://content8.flixster.com/photo/38/09/83/3809838_tml.jpg
(God knew what He was doing when He made this one.)

Wooley
08-Mar-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow, you'd never think that looking at him.

MikePizzoff
09-Mar-2009, 10:46 AM
ps -- don't include Patricia Tallman in reference to my above comment. :p

She's starring in an up-coming zombie film, alongside Bill Mosley!

EDIT: I also just found out she's a stunt person. Cool.

darth los
10-Mar-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, you'd never think that looking at him.

Well I guess that's a tribute to the guys acting ability. And who knows? Maybe he is like that in real life and maybe he's not. I guess we'll never know.

On a side note:

i've always said that some of the best acting performances are turned in by those that you just can't stand in a film. they impacted us that much that we kinda hate them. And when you see them in another movie you still hate them based on the previous performance they turned in even though the character could be a complete 180 from the one you grew to hate. ( if that makes sense, lol)

Thorn
11-Mar-2009, 01:11 PM
Very cool facts, and I collect useless ones as a hobby. I never would have known by looking either, he played his part so well, he was so easily hated and seen as a barbarian.

Thanks for the info!

Neil
11-Mar-2009, 02:34 PM
She's starring in an up-coming zombie film, alongside Bill Mosley!

http://www.deadair-movie.com/

AcesandEights
12-Mar-2009, 02:54 PM
All very cool details, Scip. Thanks for the share!

http://content8.flixster.com/photo/38/09/83/3809838_tml.jpg
(God knew what He was doing when He made this one.)

And, Yum!

darth los
12-Mar-2009, 05:26 PM
That woman is always the highlight of the film for me. I think her performance is still underated.

i think a good poll question should be:

Which look do you like best on Patricia tallman.

A) Long Hair
B) Short hair
C) Who gives shit as long as we can see her nipples !! :thumbsup:

:cool: