PDA

View Full Version : Blindness

deadkrank
10-Mar-2009, 05:31 PM
Excuse me if there is already a thread about the movie Blindness?
But yesterday I rented Blindness and I thought it was pretty good.Not great.But I did enjoy the scene where the cast was walking threw the city that was now a mess.Full of dead bodies.Trash,and dogs feasting on the body's of the dead.And all the blind people walking around like zombies.
I thought Julianne Moore did a fine job. And it was nice to see Danny Glover.
But I was puzzled. What made everyone go blind? Why was it that all they could see was whiteness? And how was it that Julianne Moore was the only one that did not loose her sight?

bassman
10-Mar-2009, 05:41 PM
As someone that hasn't seen this film and plans on doing so in the future, some spoiler tags would be appreaciated next time. Even if they are minor spoilers.

And search easily brings up several threads where people have been discussing this film...

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=13139&highlight=blindness

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=11967&highlight=blindness

Not trying to be rude....just sayin.

deadkrank
10-Mar-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry. I'm not very smart when it comes to these fan forums.
Well who ever is in charge of this sight can close this thread.

red max
01-Jun-2009, 02:13 PM
I had no idea it had received such a panning, and I think a lot of the flak it received was unwarranted. There was indeed some strange character motivation (I'm thinking the doctor's wife and the scissors- why not act sooner?) and some of it was harrowing, but all in all a compelling movie.

I immediately came to this forum because I thought this movie has a lot to commend it to zombie fans. To me, much of the allure of the Romero genre is the apocalyptic theme rather than the specific threat of the zombies. It's about society's breakdown and the desperate quest to survive. Blindness has that in spades, plus the infighting and the inability of humans to cooperate. It would have been good to have witnessed the fall of society outside the walls of the quarantine zone, but I guess the lack of information is necessary in this case.

I'd say if you like Dawn and stuff like 28 Days Later you may well enjoy this movie. But be warned, there's some violent sexual stuff that could be too strong for some. Much of the violence is heard rather than seen, but it's no less sickening for that.