PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four Reboot film, who the hell cares?

ProfessorChaos
10-Mar-2009, 09:11 PM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/960/960540p1.html

c'mon. do we really need this? i think not. yet another sign of the declining quality of movies released these days and another blow to the dead horse of hollywood remaking films waaay to often and way to soon.

AcesandEights
10-Mar-2009, 11:12 PM
Rebbot? So...no Jessica Alba?!

Then why would I watch it???

Danny
10-Mar-2009, 11:37 PM
iron man was dark?, compared to what? watchmen?, dark knight?:lol:

krakenslayer
11-Mar-2009, 12:31 AM
Not me. :rolleyes:

Didn't the last movie come out like... a coupla weeks ago? :confused:

clanglee
11-Mar-2009, 12:45 AM
So...no Jessica Alba?!

Exactly!!!!

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2009, 11:18 AM
Rebbot? So...no Jessica Alba?!

:lol:

It was really the main reason I saw both of those movies in the first place.

Fact is, they just weren't that good on the big screen as comic book characters - Hulk got rebooted, and again failed to do anything worthwhile. Haven't they learned?

"Batman Begins" has just become an excuse to the creatively retarded, quite frankly ... and you know why BB did so well? It was coming off the back of Batman & Robin's Bat-nipple-fest, and was created by intelligent, talented people.

The only way they could improve on the lukewarm flicks already out there, is to have some fit-as-fuck Hollywood starlet doing a 90 minute strip-tease. :p

Andy
11-Mar-2009, 01:16 PM
Topic title changed by authors resuest.

MoonSylver
11-Mar-2009, 10:44 PM
Only reason this is good news to me is I always liked the FF (& ESPECIALLY Dr. Doom in particular, probably my favorite comics villain EVER), & it would be nice to see a REAL version of it & not the screwed up, half ass one we got.

HOWEVER, let me also say, it'll probably also tank. The 1st one is too fresh in the public's mind for them to give a crap.

The Hulk & The Punisher are 2 good examples. They screwed both up the first time, tried to fix it, too late, damage done. Which is a shame, because if you're a fan & you see them screwed up you relish a chance to see it done right.

Lesson? Do it right the FIRST time goddamnit!!!:mad::annoyed:

clanglee
11-Mar-2009, 11:26 PM
Regarding the Hulk. . the first movie wasn't terrible. . it was just a little too "gay cowboys eating pudding" with Ang Lee at the helm. The second movie, while not the best superhero movie. . definitely delivered and was done very very well.

Now FF4. . .It could be a really good movie if done correctly. I don't think it could happen this soon tho. This particular cast is cemented in the minds of non-comic-fans as the characters. The movie would not sell like the studion would like.

bassman
11-Mar-2009, 11:59 PM
Maybe we'll be surprised and they pull a "Batman & Robin to Batman Begins" on us.:confused:

_liam_
12-Mar-2009, 04:09 PM
lol this is ridiculous, the last one was about a year or two ago.

These dayglo CGI happy meal versions of comics piss me off! I could at least console myself with the knowledge that they are running out of ones to do - but as this & the hulk show, that is not the case, they just go in for sloppy seconds

bassman
12-Mar-2009, 05:05 PM
I may get the stink eye for this, but I didn't think they were all that bad. For mindless, wastes of 2 hours they did the job. Kinda like Independence Day or something like that. You know it's no good, but you can kill two hours with it.

Jessica Alba in a tight costume doesn't hurt, either.;)

darth los
12-Mar-2009, 05:07 PM
The only way they could improve on the lukewarm flicks already out there, is to have some fit-as-fuck Hollywood starlet doing a 90 minute strip-tease. :p

You sure you don't mean airbrushed/cgi'd as fuck? :lol:

:cool:

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2009, 06:52 PM
I could at least console myself with the knowledge that they are running out of ones to do

I take it you didn't read Total Film #152 then? (or was it #151?) - anyway, the comic book special - they listed literally dozens upon dozens of comic book adaps currently in development. It's was scary how many were being developed. Astonishing even.

blind2d
13-Mar-2009, 02:42 AM
Oh... well then, sounds like we're screwed up the butt without a wrench then, doesn't it? Oh well... at least I can still watch Dawn...

ProfessorChaos
13-Mar-2009, 02:56 AM
comic book movies are so fucking done to death, and now marvel is going through and "rebooting" franchises that have films less than five years old that were shit and didn't turn into high-dollar cash cows for them(punisher, fantastic four, hulk).

so i guess we can expect reboots of spidey (since sm3 was a fucking joke), ghost rider, daredevil, elektra...the list of shitty and needless comic book films is endless.

wayzim
13-Mar-2009, 03:02 AM

You mean like Jane Fonda did for Barbarella back when I was young?
God, that was one weird-ass film, as was Spirits of The Dead ( where Peter Fonda was looking to bone his sister, not for real just in the film. )but ended up reincarnating as a horse. Still, nearly naked Jane in that one as well.

Quite Nice.

Wayne Z

bassman
09-Jun-2010, 05:15 PM
Apparently this reboot is so close to the previous two films....they're even going to reference it in the title. Fantastic Four Reborn (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102304-possible-title-for-the-fantastic-four-reboot). :confused:

That's just borderline retarded. Hopefully it's just a working title and they'll change it for release.