PDA

View Full Version : bioshock 2 site up, and first "big sister" image

Danny
10-Mar-2009, 11:34 PM
http://somethinginthesea.com/

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/gi_bioshock2.jpg

So from what i can gather from the site someone's rediscovered rapture and there either sending the big sisters to regather the gatherers, or kidnap any girls with some sort of psychic predisposition to replace them.

either way it was my 2007 game of the year so bring it the fuck on.

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2009, 11:22 AM
I've been keeping an eye on that site as they add new stuff - obviously, my videogaming cock is rock solid for BioShock 2.

This is a 2009 release, isn't it? October or something?

Damn, I must get my ass back into BioShock 1 ... but it's kinda like with "The Thing", the atmosphere and setting is so absolutely convincing that's it's almost too scary to play again, like with The Thing almost being too scary to watch again ... ... but I do re-watch The Thing now and then, and it's always awesome.

So, once I've gotten over my latest bout of GTA IV loving, I'll see about some BioShock again. I was late to the party with BioShock 1, but I'll be there quick smart for BS2.

Then if these are Big Sisters - will we still get Big Daddies? And also - are there such things as Big Mummies/Mommies?

I just hope they improve upon the last few levels of BioShock, that was the only let down - even then it was still spiffing, but compared to the preceeding levels, it was a drop in quality - all that hunting around gathering crap to proceed onwards. It became very arbitrary and simply not up to the standard of the other levels up to the last 2 or 3.

But like I said, even those not-that-great-BioShock levels were still ruddy good videogame levels.

Anyway - woo, BioShock 2!

mista_mo
11-Mar-2009, 01:45 PM
big sisters?

Craig
11-Mar-2009, 03:11 PM
Damn, I must get my ass back into BioShock 1 ... but it's kinda like with "The Thing", the atmosphere and setting is so absolutely convincing that's it's almost too scary to play again, like with The Thing almost being too scary to watch again ... ... but I do re-watch The Thing now and then, and it's always awesome.
Spooky, I watched The Thing just last night. Ripping good film.

My copy of BioShock is still in it's cellophane wrapper from Christmas 2007. However, my 360 crapped out on me recently so I sort of have an excuse now...

...don't I?

AcesandEights
11-Mar-2009, 03:43 PM
The websites pretty cool, I guess.. A bit, been-there, done-that, imo. The format would work better with a legit horror theme, though.

Danny
11-Mar-2009, 05:19 PM
Spooky, I watched The Thing just last night. Ripping good film.

My copy of BioShock is still in it's cellophane wrapper from Christmas 2007. However, my 360 crapped out on me recently so I sort of have an excuse now...

...don't I?

no, no you dont.

GAME OF THE YEAR 07' MUDDAFUKKAAAA!!!!

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2009, 06:36 PM
no, no you dont.

GAME OF THE YEAR 07' MUDDAFUKKAAAA!!!!
Perhaps it's a somewhat rare occasion, but I completely, 100%, "your dick, my mouth" seriously agree with hellsing on this issue.

I can't remember which other games came out in 2007 ... COD4 did, which was seriously awesome, but BioShock was the more original entry...some other great titles too I'm sure (brain fart right now, can't remember any names).

Anyway - BioShock owns every single cock and ball across the land - as a gamer you should be ashamed of yourself for still having it in the cellophane. :eek: Absolutely gripping so it is - I took a good 3 weeks to play through it, simply because I gawped at every single detail in the amazingly realised world, creeping through the watery, dimly lit, Art-Deco corridors and pavillions and so on - absolutely superb stuff that elevates videogames into the true classification of "art".

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=031309_8

Some first snippets of apparent info.

Interesting...let's see how much of that is true or false...thoughts anyone?

Danny
14-Mar-2009, 12:20 AM
already been proved fake, theres dozens of rumours going round, the most recent is that you play a "renegade" big daddy, which sounds like a satire of pikmin.

i still dont think weve seen anything concrete.

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2009, 11:24 AM
already been proved fake, theres dozens of rumours going round, the most recent is that you play a "renegade" big daddy, which sounds like a satire of pikmin.

i still dont think weve seen anything concrete.
Fanboys going bonkers over BioShock? You betcha. :D

bassman
16-Mar-2009, 02:56 PM
Time to play the original once more.:cool:

I desperately need an HDMI cord for my 360, but they're harder to find than a needle in a hay stack...

MinionZombie
17-Mar-2009, 11:21 AM
Time to play the original once more.:cool:

I desperately need an HDMI cord for my 360, but they're harder to find than a needle in a hay stack...
I've got a core system, so that doesn't have a HD slot apparently, but meh ... I'm still using a 21 inch CRT, rock! :cool:

I must replay BioShock sometime soon, but I'm still farting around in GTA IV all over again, and I might be getting a boner for Gears of War 2 again, so...who knows?!

bassman
17-Mar-2009, 11:48 AM
I've got a core system, so that doesn't have a HD slot apparently, but meh ... I'm still using a 21 inch CRT, rock! :cool:

I figured the HD cord would fit into the same slot as the standard, but have the HDMI part on the end with the tv. Since I can't find them in any stores, maybe I should try some research online first.:o