PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Colbert Roasts the President!!

dmbfanintn
12-May-2006, 07:38 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

Talk about balls, Colbert has them the size of "Texas"!

Have you guys seen this? It's freakin hilarious!

erisi236
12-May-2006, 07:41 PM
Colbert = unfunny

President Bush Impersonation = funny

:)

Exatreides
12-May-2006, 07:43 PM
actully it is pretty funny.

dmbfanintn
12-May-2006, 07:51 PM
Colbert = unfunny

President Bush Impersonation = funny

:)

The impersonation was funny as hell too.

I think finding the Colbert bit funny really does depend on which side of the political spectrum you are on!

I thought it pretty phucking hilarious

erisi236
12-May-2006, 07:55 PM
The impersonation was funny as hell too.

I think finding the Colbert bit funny really does depend on which side of the political spectrum you are on!

I thought it pretty phucking hilarious

hmm, maybe, Colbert can be funny and I do like him, I just didn't feel it for that bit that night, just a preference :D

dmbfanintn
12-May-2006, 07:57 PM
hmm, maybe, Colbert can be funny and I do like him, I just didn't feel it for that bit that night, just a preference :D

Can we at least agree that the man has balls. Did you see how uncomfortable Georgie Boy was during that bit?

Hell, even the audience looked uncomfortable.

I love the Mayor Nagin part,

Mayor Nagin, from the "chocolate city"

Welcome to DC mayor, the city that is chocolate on the outside with a marshmallow center.

MaximusIncredulous
12-May-2006, 08:45 PM
What makes the Colbert bit stand out is not that it's funny or not funny (the Helen Thomas bit went on a bit too long I think), but that it's a huge slap in the face to failed Bush policies and a cocksucking media that downplays or flat out ignores those failures at the expense of those that must live with the consequences of those failures.

Deaths_Shadow
13-May-2006, 05:10 AM
Balls & funny.:lol:

MinionZombie
13-May-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeh I saw a bit of that on TV, can't remember where, but it was damn funny. Spot on too, you almost couldn't tell which one was which.

erisi236
13-May-2006, 12:08 PM
Can we at least agree that the man has balls. Did you see how uncomfortable Georgie Boy was during that bit?

Hell, even the audience looked uncomfortable.

I dunno, I just don't consider making people uncomfortable funny. :)

MinionZombie
13-May-2006, 01:53 PM
The sort of humour I don't really like is the sort of stuff where it involves unsuspecting members of the public who are humiliated in some way, or have their day interupted against their will. I found Trigger Happy TV funny, although I only saw a couple of bits of it (I'll have to get all 3 series sometime methinks, who can resist giant fighting squirrels?). But yeh, that sort of thing I hate, like on CKY: Landspeed of CKY2K, with Bam or whoever f*cking up people's days for a cheap joke, I don't like that sort of thing, I always fast forward through that sort of thing.

The public should only be involved if they want to be I feel.

Danny
13-May-2006, 02:06 PM
how phil didnt floor bam ill never know, but dico hitting rake yohn in the face with a football was funny as fook!:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2006, 02:59 PM
I love the Mayor Nagin part,

Mayor Nagin, from the "chocolate city"

Welcome to DC mayor, the city that is chocolate on the outside with a marshmallow center.

That was the best bit. The crowd roared with laughter. I like how he made them feel uneasy. it was best spectacle of comic genius I had seen in a long time.

Now on to them impersonator video. :D

EDIT UPDATE: Now the opening was Hilarious

GWB: Members of the White House COrrespondents association, Distinguished Guests, Ladies & Gentlemen

GWBIMP: HERE I AM

That was freaking hilarious.

mista_mo
13-May-2006, 06:05 PM
Heh, I have a huge amount of respect for Colbert...Personally, I think he is hilarious.

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2006, 07:04 PM
As much as Ihate GWB as a president, I can't hate him for being a human, or just himself. I watched the video with him and impersonator and I thought here is guy who can stand there, and let people poke a little fun at him and he took it with a grain of salt.

The man has a lot of personality, and charisma. His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

He is definately a people person outide of the politcs.

MKULTRA1138
14-May-2006, 12:28 AM
His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

Hitler supposedly had a friendly nature too and supposedly Sadaam makes a great lamb gyro. Doesn't make me wanna sit next to them at a ball game!

MaximusIncredulous
14-May-2006, 05:54 AM
His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

Oh sure, as he sinks America like some lame rip-off of Titanic he's still a swell enough guy to have a drink with.

C'mon Dj. :lol:

He should have that drink thrown in his face. Smirk is such a phoney with his phoney hard-workin' ranch and phoney Marlboro man tough guy act and his phoney "hey I'm one of the little people" gag, all a reality-based person can feel for this incompetent misfit is utter contempt. If you look at videos of of Bush prior to becoming pResident, he always comes off as a spoiled, arrogant, condescending brat. Not exactly the type I'd like to have a beer with. The "average joe" routine was injected into Bush by Rove to make him more palatable to the "average" or OFU American.

MinionZombie
14-May-2006, 10:40 AM
Some people just aren't designed to be in power, Dubya appears to one of them. The man can't even deliver a good speech, although apparently he's done some sensible things (lowering taxes?), I duno, we don't get everyday American issues broadcast over here, likewise I'm sure you guys don't know much about our daily goings on or our political climate in detail.

It's weird how maniacs and psychos can also be really nice people in some cases...I guess that's why neighbours always say "he was a quiet man, a nice man" as body bags and jars of people bits are being wheeled out of a serial killer's home...

erisi236
14-May-2006, 04:59 PM
As much as Ihate GWB as a president, I can't hate him for being a human, or just himself. I watched the video with him and impersonator and I thought here is guy who can stand there, and let people poke a little fun at him and he took it with a grain of salt.

The man has a lot of personality, and charisma. His short comings as commander in cheif are definately set aside by his friendly nature. If I didn't have to talk politcs with the man I could see myself having a beer and a hotdog at Cowboys game with this fellow.

He is definately a people person outide of the politcs.

He does seem like a guy I'd like to have a beer with :)

MinionZombie
14-May-2006, 06:57 PM
I finally bothered to watch the Colbert and impersonator videos on Google Video and I have to say they were damn funny, not sure which I preferred, but that Colbert chap is a funny mofo, the impersonator is also scary, because he looks so damn much like Dubya.

It'd be good if we had something like that here, where politicians could take the p*ss out of themselves and open themselves up to a spot of ridicule, but everyone's so uptight here in the UK, especially Labour who just dodge any thorny question with a stutter before saying "the Tories never did anything!" - which is 1) not true, and 2) OLD news, they haven't been in for almost a decade you bastards.

Little segway, but I hate Labour that much. If only we had that 'roasting' tradition over here...the closest we have is Have I Got News For You ... and that's more just comedians ripping the pee-pee out of politicians. Damn funny though, even if Ian Hislop is a gigantic wanker.