PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Riddick

Neil
11-Mar-2009, 09:52 PM
I've seen this film a couple of times now, and for its flaws, it's grown more and more on me, if only due to the amazing artistic/design elements in it. This was obviously a labour of love for some of the people involved!

dHva0-ckVMw

AcesandEights
11-Mar-2009, 10:23 PM
I've seen this film a couple of times now, and for its flaws, it's grown more and more on me...

Yeah, I agree. When I saw the film in the theater I basically considered the film a farcical piece of crap, but it was stylish and is a fun ride to watch nowadays once you switch off your brain.

clanglee
11-Mar-2009, 10:54 PM
Kind of a late discussion about this movie. But yeah. . I quite like the movie. It's a great piece of eye candy. The whole movie is just pretty to look at. And dammit, but as one dimensional as Riddick is. . he's just so damn cool.

DawnGirl27
12-Mar-2009, 03:48 AM
I like this movie a lot, too. When I first saw it I was struck by how slick it felt, and the stark contrasts within it. Each time I watch it there's more I appreciate, and Riddick is one of the coolest characters around. A favorite scene of mine is when he and Johns square off. Awesome! :cool:

Skippy911sc
12-Mar-2009, 02:42 PM
I enjoyed the movie also. But besides the visuals I thought the story really engaged the ideas of the time. It almost took the approach to society as Invasion of the Body Snatchers did in the 50s and 60s. Playing on the religous views as well as the use of force to change those views, depending on your own background the ideas could be taken very differently. Good story, slick to look at, Vin looking Bad! Whats not to like.

darth los
12-Mar-2009, 04:55 PM
I love both films but I actually enjoy Pitch Black more. Now if only they would release them on blu-ray already. :(

:cool:

bassman
12-Mar-2009, 05:10 PM
Not that i've been avoiding it, but I STILL haven't seen Pitch Black or this film. I've had the opportunity to see it several times, but I always end up finding something else to do.

I've heard Chronicles isn't very good, but Pitch Black is a fun film.

Exatreides
12-Mar-2009, 05:10 PM
The visuals in it were damn Good I think, how the battle is being portrayed during the first part of the film, the run from the sun. All very well done.

It's actually one of my favorite films.

Lame right?

darth los
12-Mar-2009, 05:20 PM
The visuals in it were damn Good I think, how the battle is being portrayed during the first part of the film, the run from the sun. All very well done.

It's actually one of my favorite films.

Lame right?

Well, I guess we're both siblings in lameness because i agree !!

Hi Five !! :thumbsup:

:cool:

DawnGirl27
13-Mar-2009, 06:27 PM
Sign me up too, 'cuz I love it as well. :D

Wooley
15-Mar-2009, 07:24 AM
The Riddick series are pretty good, and Riddick himself is a good anti-hero. I recall the creators saying they wanted to make Riddick a trilogy, but the poor showing in theaters for Chronicles might mean that doesn't happen.

EvilNed
15-Mar-2009, 11:39 AM
Personally, I love Pitch Black. But when they released Chronicles I was very disappointed. Riddick in Chronicles is NOT the same character as he was in Pitch Black.

In Pitch Black he was human. He could be defeated. He was just very, very good at what he did, but he wasn't invincible.

In Chronicles of Riddick he was invincible. Nobody could take him on in a fight. Just watch that film and see how he throws people around him as if they were paper, and then watch the fight between him and Johns in Pitch Black. Kind of a difference, isn't there?

So I really like Pitch Black. But Chronicles had too much lost potential.

AcesandEights
15-Mar-2009, 10:39 PM
Personally, I love Pitch Black. But when they released Chronicles I was very disappointed. Riddick in Chronicles is NOT the same character as he was in Pitch Black.

In Pitch Black he was human. He could be defeated. He was just very, very good at what he did, but he wasn't invincible.

In Chronicles of Riddick he was invincible. Nobody could take him on in a fight. Just watch that film and see how he throws people around him as if they were paper, and then watch the fight between him and Johns in Pitch Black. Kind of a difference, isn't there?

So I really like Pitch Black. But Chronicles had too much lost potential.

Excellent Point here and I agree completely.

Pitch Black was damned superb.