PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks

JDFP
12-Mar-2009, 04:36 AM
An introduction...

Wow, I have to sadly admit that it has been many years since I have visited HOTD. I'm glad that I decided to spend some time this evening to come by for a visit, and I think I may have to come around more often.

Neil: I'm highly impressed with what all you have accomplished here at the website! I remember back in '97 when I first started visiting the website, long before it was its own site and was on the older fozznet portal (I was 16 at the time and my first fiction piece I contributed was "The Final Hope" -- that scourging terrible piece of fiction that pretty much forced a ban on anyone else sending in work as a "part" instead of a "whole", it only took me about a year and a half to finish it).

I remember back in the day John B ("The Breaking Point" series) and Desmond ("Yulencot's Traveling Circus") and I would yack for hours about the Almighty George A. and talk about this wonderful site quite regularly. I don't know if any of we "old foggies" are still around here, but would love to get a message or two from you folks if you are still around.

Anyway, it's absolutely amazing to see how far this place has grown since I was that pimply dorky kid from then to the not so pimply old guy I have grown into at 28. Absolutely wonderful stuff here, I have a feeling I'm going to have to dish out $18 for a membership on the fiction side soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hello" to anyone who may be here. I look forward to hopefully conversing and getting to know all you "Dead" loving folks.

j.p.

Skippy911sc
12-Mar-2009, 02:38 PM
I like to see people re-ignite their passion for items of their past. I was not around here in the 90's although I trump you age wise. :)

I look forward to reading more.

DawnGirl27
13-Mar-2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome back to the boards! Great community here - you'll be glad you came back. :p

fartpants
13-Mar-2009, 09:10 PM
welcome back bro, we are a good bunch here

Danny
14-Mar-2009, 12:14 AM
welcome back bro, we are a good bunch here

you liar, no were not, were all sarcastic assholes.

see?!?

ITS A TRAP, FLY YOU FOOLS!

Debbieangel
14-Mar-2009, 05:04 AM
Welcome back JDFP!
It's good to see the 'old timers' make their way back here. haha!
That's funny cause I am way way older than you! lol
It is a lot of fun here and we still like to talk about Romero's movies like I suppose you did when you were here last.
I know I love to brag about getting to see 'NIGHT' when it came out in 1968 at the drive in.lol
Anyway Welcome back!!!:)

Kaos
14-Mar-2009, 04:05 PM
It's good to see the 'old timers' make their way back here. haha!
That's funny cause I am way way older than you!

Yeah, ol' Deb has had an interesting past.

Most notably her torrid affairs with silent film era stars Lon Chaney Sr. and Al Jolson. :evil:

Debbieangel
14-Mar-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, ol' Deb has had an interesting past.

Most notably her torrid affairs with silent film era stars Lon Chaney Sr. and Al Jolson. :evil:

Kaos,
I thought that info was between you and me!!!
BLABBERMOUTH!!!:lol::p