PDA

View Full Version : Crank 2

Neil
14-Mar-2009, 08:39 AM
Hope it's as rediculous and as much fun as the first :)

http://io9.com/5169680/crank-2-trailer-gives-jason-statham-one-hour-to-live

http://io9.com/assets/images/gallery/8/2009/02/medium_3271143536_fac4017153_o.jpg

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2009, 11:36 AM
Looks like a solid slab of funs for the lads and I down the cinema come April, hehe.

The first was utterly bonkers, and rather enjoyable.

Purge
16-Mar-2009, 12:37 AM
The speed that he took in the first one must've been strong as hell--after all, he did apparently survive a sky-high plunge from a helicopter. :rolleyes:

The only reason to see either is for Amy Smart. She makes my jeans tighter.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2009, 10:40 AM
The speed that he took in the first one must've been strong as hell--after all, he did apparently survive a sky-high plunge from a helicopter. :rolleyes:

The only reason to see either is for Amy Smart. She makes my jeans tighter.
Well this isn't supposed to be a realistic film, of course.

In fact when I was at the cinema yesterday to see Watchmen, there was a trailer for Crank 2, and when he juices himself by grapping onto those massive pilon things at a power substation, there was some dude back a few rows scoffing "well that's not very realistic, is it?" - err - I take it you Sir, back there a few rows, haven't seen Crank 1. :p

It's not supposed to be realistic, nor does it pretend to be.

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2009, 07:52 PM
It's not supposed to be realistic, nor does it pretend to be.

Yeah, for me this was part of the first film's--admittedly limited--charm. To me, the first film was fun and it didn't try to be anything but. Now, it looks as though the follow up might be able to come in on par with that, but only time will tell.

It's interesting how film goers take to the absurd rule-sets of some films and not those of others, but that's personal taste for ya.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2009, 09:31 PM
It's interesting how film goers take to the absurd rule-sets of some films and not those of others, but that's personal taste for ya.

e.g. Neil with "Wanted". :p

But let's not start that again. :D

Neil
16-Mar-2009, 09:36 PM
e.g. Neil with "Wanted". :p

But let's not start that again. :D

Yeh! You've got an interesting point there... I was VERY anti Wanted, but I'm fine with Crank... Why is that is that Doctor?

Wanted taking itself too seriously? ie: Pretentious?

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2009, 10:27 PM
It really can be the little things sometimes that turn us off or on to a film. This Wanted vs. Crank illustrates the point.

Though, personally, I had fun when I saw Wanted, :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Mar-2009, 10:45 PM
Crank, to me is just Grand Theft Auto on a cinematic Scale. I loved the first and cannot wait until April 17th for Crank 2.