PDA

View Full Version : Interesting coming soon art

thxleo
17-Mar-2009, 05:02 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but check out the upcoming production graphic on Richard Rubinstein's website...

http://www.newamsterdamnyc.com/development.2.htm

SymphonicX
17-Mar-2009, 10:11 AM
From the downloadable PDF on Dawn 3D:

Rubinstein also has plans to create a direct sequel to the original DAWN (!) and will be
producing a new screen adaptation of Frank Herbert’s DUNE

Fecking hell.
Enough Already.

I don't even want to see this 3D version - although i'll probably buy it, a player and the 3D TV when they come out.

axlish
17-Mar-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm a 3-D fiend so this is right up my alley. I hope that the 3-D is "perfect".

capncnut
17-Mar-2009, 12:54 PM
Rubinstein also has plans to create a direct sequel to the original DAWN (!) and will be producing a new screen adaptation of Frank Herbert’s DUNE.
The Dune thing was a bit of an eye-opener for me 'cos it's like how many times can a boring sci-fi novel be remade. As for the Dawn sequel, Rubers has lost the plot.

I'm bang up for this 3D version though.

EvilNed
17-Mar-2009, 01:28 PM
What filmmakers don't seem to get about Dune is it is a perfect example of a book that cannot be transmitted to screen. Not because of it's depth, but because of it's sheer length. The film would have to be 6 hours long!

bassman
17-Mar-2009, 02:20 PM
Did anyone catch Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D or know anything about this In-Three company?

They've got the approval from James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriguez, and Robert Zemeckis. So that's a good start, I would think.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this 3D thing(reminds me of the "colorized" NOTLD:stunned:), but i'm definitely not behind the sequel. I just don't see how it could work out...

Thorn
17-Mar-2009, 04:38 PM
Looks very interesting, posted just needed one minor change...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3214/dawn3dwebsite.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dawn3dwebsite.jpg)

capncnut
17-Mar-2009, 04:43 PM
Haha. Nice one, Thorn.

reminds me of the "colorized" NOTLD :stunned
I got those jitters too...

Yojimbo
17-Mar-2009, 10:04 PM
What filmmakers don't seem to get about Dune is it is a perfect example of a book that cannot be transmitted to screen. Not because of it's depth, but because of it's sheer length. The film would have to be 6 hours long!
You're damn right!

But, being a fan of Frank Herbert's novel, I wouldn't mind sitting through a 6 hour epic version, provided that they were true to the book. I'd have to take a catheter with me, and slap on several nicotine patches though.

Regarding the 3D version, I would have to see it (not only out of curiosity for the 3d angle, but also just to see DOTD on a big screen) though it pains me to put any more money in Rubenstein's pocket.

krakenslayer
17-Mar-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, there's been some buzz online about the 3-D versions and sequels for a year or two now. I think we'll see the the 3-D Dawn around Halloween this year.

I'm not sure the Dawn sequel will come to much though. They're probably basing the announcement on the assumption that Dawn 3-D will be a big enough success to raise public awareness of the original film. Even if that's the case, I think a Dawn of the Dead 2 would be a very confusing property to promote to the general (non-geek) public: they might think it was a sequel to Dawn 04 and may not even be aware there was an earlier film. I see them churning out a straight-to-video dog that either "re-imagines" (i.e. rapes) the characters of Fran and Peter, or is a cynical in-name-only Contagium-style fan-trap.

Don't get me wrong. I desperately want it to be good, but I gotta be honest: I smell another NotLD 30. :rolleyes:

Debbieangel
19-Mar-2009, 03:16 AM
B][/B]I dunno...why try to what "IMPROVE"? Dawn w/3D? No improvement necessary!!!
A sequel? I dunno about that either. For a long time I wanted to see GAR go on with the story but, I dunno maybe they can make it work, I am always hopeful in these situations. Keyword: HOPEFUL!!
Fingers crossed just maybe a good movie but again I dunno!!

capncnut
19-Mar-2009, 03:19 AM
Keyword: HOPEFUL!!
Maybe that should be the title of this website. LOL! :lol:

MikePizzoff
19-Mar-2009, 12:33 PM
Too bad that stuff's all nearly a year old and there's been no word since. Who knows if they're still actually doing anything with it.