PDA

View Full Version : Huh? OK prints Jade tribute before her death

capncnut
17-Mar-2009, 04:31 PM
OK magazine are gearing up to print a Jade Goody tribute issue before she has even passed away. Issue 666 (:rolleyes:) of the magazine will have the heading '1981-2009' and will say on the cover 'Her Final words: "I will come back from heaven to look after my boys."'

I know she is in the last stages of the disease (she is near blind and sleeping for three quarters of the day) but what if she makes a God-like miraculous recovery? Shouldn't the tribute magazine come out after her death, talk about jumping the gun.

Click (http://www.ok.co.uk/celebnews/view/8405/Jade-Goody-official-tribute-issue/) for article.

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 02:13 PM
OK magazine are gearing up to print a Jade Goody tribute issue before she has even passed away. Issue 666 (:rolleyes:) of the magazine will have the heading '1981-2009' and will say on the cover 'Her Final words: "I will come back from heaven to look after my boys."'

I know she is in the last stages of the disease (she is near blind and sleeping for three quarters of the day) but what if she makes a God-like miraculous recovery? Shouldn't the tribute magazine come out after her death, talk about jumping the gun.

Click (http://www.ok.co.uk/celebnews/view/8405/Jade-Goody-official-tribute-issue/) for article.

Fucking sleb mags. I hate the slebs, I hate the sleb media, I hate their cretinous readers. I hate everything about celebrity culture and wish the whole thing would just go away.

Danny
18-Mar-2009, 02:22 PM
oh man ive seen those "tributes to the life and achievements of jade goody", now i wouldn't wish cancer on anyone who wasn't hitler level pure evil, but honestly, what achievements? she was famous for being an uneducated simpleton for christs sake, she achieved nothing save the irony of bieng 'remembered" by the same magazines that spent the past 5 years taking the piss out of her:rolleyes:

AcesandEights
18-Mar-2009, 03:33 PM
Fucking sleb mags. I hate the slebs, I hate the sleb media, I hate their cretinous readers. I hate everything about celebrity culture and wish the whole thing would just go away.

Meh. I don't mind it so much as all that, but it should definitely not be something that so many seemingly care so very much about.

Publius
18-Mar-2009, 03:39 PM
she was famous for being an uneducated simpleton for christs sake, she achieved nothing save the irony of bieng 'remembered" by the same magazines that spent the past 5 years taking the piss out of her:rolleyes:

That's one phrase I've never understood. What the heck does it mean? Is it meant to compare the emotional/mental/psychological discomfort of being mocked or ridiculed to the physical discomfort of urinary catheterization? :p

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 04:40 PM
That's one phrase I've never understood. What the heck does it mean? Is it meant to compare the emotional/mental/psychological discomfort of being mocked or ridiculed to the physical discomfort of urinary catheterization? :p

LOL!

It's just another weird curse that doesn't actually make sense, like "fuck off" or "screw up". In usage, yeah it means to ridicule or make fun of.

slickwilly13
18-Mar-2009, 05:23 PM
I honestly do not know who she is. Is she well known over in Europe?

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 06:22 PM
I honestly do not know who she is. Is she well known over in Europe?

She was the token stupid one on the second or third UK Big Brother. She became notorious for her idiotic gaffes ("Where's East Angular?", "What's sparagus?") and embarrassing attention-seeking behaviour. The media latched on to her and, although she doesn't actually do anything, from about summer 2002 until the present day, she's appeared in the gutter press at least once or twice a month.

Neil
18-Mar-2009, 06:29 PM

I don't get it. She's a shallow and basically stupid person, propelled into being a celebrity because some people are facinated by her shallow and stupid personality.... Now she's got cancer she's a martyr?

And now the fortune amassed by her stupity, will no doubt end up in the hands of her scum bag husband - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Big_Brother_2007#Jack_Tweed

MinionZombie
18-Mar-2009, 06:45 PM
The whole thing makes me sick. I never liked Jade Goody, ever since her being on Big Brother 3 UK - the series where "Am I minG-Ging?" became a catch phrase, and she gave PJ and BJ ... ugh.

Anne Widdecomb did a piece with her a while back, for a TV special that was possibly not shown, but Widdecomb talked about it anyway - it was all about education and such - and she was asking Jade the simplest questions, like "what is an MP?" - and she simply had absolutely no grasp of damn near anything, and purely read celebrity gossip rags. Basically - one of the least educated people on the planet.

I think the celebrity circus around her since BB3 has been sick, and is ESPECIALLY sick now - with these daily updates on how close to dying she is. The tabloid rag pictures of her exhausted face and bald head, her kids being paraded around in tow with her ex-druggie mother, her new husband who has been done for assault (and waiting to be done again for it apparently), meanwhile her kids are with some bloke called Jeff Brazier or some bollocks who I think was on a series of Shipwrecked years and years ago - another jack-the-lad moron.

And that bloody Max Clifford holding impromptu press conferences with the baying mob of paps following this whole circus - yeah, and what amount of cash is he raking in over her death?

How much money has been earned by people who have latched onto the 'Jade Goody brand'?

And now, here we are, with this woman who has no education at all and not talent whatsoever, parading herself as she dies in front of the lenses of the media to earn money for her kids after she's gone - the reality tv show based around this current circus, which is airing as it all happens, the 'cancer diary' that will come out soon, the magazine and tv deals - and endless cycle of "sleb teevee" garbage about one of the most unremarkable people ever to have walked the earth.

Basically - the whole thing is a tragedy, and speaks well of no-one involved, quite frankly.

I've been avoiding all this stuff like the plague, but you can never fully avoid it as it's plastered all over 24 hour news and the internet. It's ridiculous. :eek:

Ugh. Sick.

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 07:15 PM
The whole thing makes me sick. I never liked Jade Goody, ever since her being on Big Brother 3 UK - the series where "Am I minG-Ging?" became a catch phrase, and she gave PJ and BJ ... ugh.

Anne Widdecomb did a piece with her a while back, for a TV special that was possibly not shown, but Widdecomb talked about it anyway - it was all about education and such - and she was asking Jade the simplest questions, like "what is an MP?" - and she simply had absolutely no grasp of damn near anything, and purely read celebrity gossip rags. Basically - one of the least educated people on the planet.

I think the celebrity circus around her since BB3 has been sick, and is ESPECIALLY sick now - with these daily updates on how close to dying she is. The tabloid rag pictures of her exhausted face and bald head, her kids being paraded around in tow with her ex-druggie mother, her new husband who has been done for assault (and waiting to be done again for it apparently), meanwhile her kids are with some bloke called Jeff Brazier or some bollocks who I think was on a series of Shipwrecked years and years ago - another jack-the-lad moron.

And that bloody Max Clifford holding impromptu press conferences with the baying mob of paps following this whole circus - yeah, and what amount of cash is he raking in over her death?

How much money has been earned by people who have latched onto the 'Jade Goody brand'?

And now, here we are, with this woman who has no education at all and not talent whatsoever, parading herself as she dies in front of the lenses of the media to earn money for her kids after she's gone - the reality tv show based around this current circus, which is airing as it all happens, the 'cancer diary' that will come out soon, the magazine and tv deals - and endless cycle of "sleb teevee" garbage about one of the most unremarkable people ever to have walked the earth.

Basically - the whole thing is a tragedy, and speaks well of no-one involved, quite frankly.

I've been avoiding all this stuff like the plague, but you can never fully avoid it as it's plastered all over 24 hour news and the internet. It's ridiculous. :eek:

Ugh. Sick.

^ This, basically.

Although I must say, I think I have done a better job than you at avoiding this stuff. Ditching my TV has really been a blessing.

Neil
18-Mar-2009, 07:37 PM

...and how long till the Jade Goody movie...

capncnut
19-Mar-2009, 02:27 AM
Now she's got cancer she's a martyr?
Bang on, son. She is a parasite of the highest order and I really couldn't give two shits. Still, the magazine (be it with her permission or not) is a tad ridiculous.

It's been speculated that when she does finally kick the bucket, it will be on par with Diana's passing. As much as I say no, the tabloids will definitely say yes. Mark my words...

...and how long till the Jade Goody movie...
...And it will happen. Film Four styley. :dead:

Neil
19-Mar-2009, 08:31 AM
Bang on, son. She is a parasite of the highest order and I really couldn't give two shits. Still, the magazine (be it with her permission or not) is a tad ridiculous.

It's been speculated that when she does finally kick the bucket, it will be on par with Diana's passing. As much as I say no, the tabloids will definitely say yes. Mark my words...

...And it will happen. Film Four styley. :dead:

Isn't Mr Goody currently locked up for his assault charges?

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2009, 10:46 AM
He's on a curfew - which the government promptly excused so he could spend his wedding night with her - it's what the gubment do these days, they just seek to change and waive laws on a case-by-case basis. :rolleyes:

Apparently there's going to be some big screen TV thing outside the church to show people standing outside the funeral taking place ... ... :eek:

Diana actually did something with her life - and like Capn says, the tabloids and "sleb rags" will be all over this like a dim-witted, horny toad.

And the news channels will be COVERED in it too, and I bet you'll be able to count 5 windows of Sky News' red button interactive menu of screens, dedicated to it all.

The whole thing speaks ill of Goody herself, but also the society that allows this sort of thing to go on - i.e. the people that lap this garbage up.

capncnut
22-Mar-2009, 09:34 AM
And the news channels will be COVERED in it too, and I bet you'll be able to count 5 windows of Sky News' red button interactive menu of screens, dedicated to it all.
Well she died at 3am and the news channels are running it as a normal story.

"...And here's Tom with the weather."

Also, I guess this kind of validates OK's tribute because it goes on sale on the 24th. Oh well, I shall run a tribute of my own for today via avatar in rememberance. :rolleyes:

Neil
22-Mar-2009, 09:51 AM
Well she died at 3am and the news channels are running it as a normal story.

"...And here's Tom with the weather."

Also, I guess this kind of validates OK's tribute because it goes on sale on the 24th. Oh well, I shall run a tribute of my own for today via avatar in rememberance. :rolleyes:

If the press are anything to go by - with the amount of coverage - this is seemingly the most important event since the death of Christ :rolleyes:

This is sad news for her friends and family, but let's be honest here - She was an ill-educated idiot, who for some reason was deemed to be of interest by society... Paints a rather poor picture of society IMHO.

MinionZombie
22-Mar-2009, 10:44 AM
If the press are anything to go by - with the amount of coverage - this is seemingly the most important event since the death of Christ :rolleyes:

This is sad news for her friends and family, but let's be honest here - She was an ill-educated idiot, who for some reason was deemed to be of interest by society... Paints a rather poor picture of society IMHO.
She was a public figure of mockery, mocked for her complete lack of any education or intelligence.

Now, I watch Big Brother, and have every year since it started - but as soon as it's over, I couldn't give a turd knuckle about them, and I certainly don't watch other reality shite, nor buy those "sleb" rags. (Whoever first used "sleb" on here, nice one, I like it).

Anyway - haven't been on the news since yesterday evening. No doubt the story will kick off like wild fire - geez, just wait until funeral day.

Then there's that ghastly programme on one of those 112 or 113 channels, "Living TV" or whatever - ugh.

Capn - why the blue? She looks like Dr Manhattan's knows-literally-nothing cousin. :eek::p:eek:

The whole thing is tragic for the family of course, but it's a sad comment on modern news, magazine and television media.

capncnut
22-Mar-2009, 11:56 AM
Capn - why the blue? She looks like Dr Manhattan's knows-literally-nothing cousin. :eek::p:eek:
My Dawn avatar was blue and I'm just going for a similar pisstake thing.

Ha, now Tweed has to go back in the slammer. :hyper:

SymphonicX
22-Mar-2009, 12:33 PM
ding dog the witch is dead
which o' witch?
the wicked witch!

ding dong the wicked witch is deadddddddd

Sorry. Inappropriate maybe - I apologise if I offend anyone with my rants against this fucking fat waste of shit.

This vile advert for abortion is no longer going to be on my TV after tomorrow, the world will very quickly forget, as have I.

I am so cold to this "human"...I don't care about her, or her stupid chav husband, or her mother who's sold her story already and been on TV. Fuck 'em all for making the world just that little bit more intolerable.

Mike70
22-Mar-2009, 02:51 PM
Isn't Mr Goody currently locked up for his assault charges?

this guy sounds like a real winner:

On September 1, 2008, Tweed was sentenced to 18 months in prison for attacking a 16 year old boy with a golf club in December 2006, one month before entering the house. He served four months of the sentence before being released on electronic monitoring on 27 January 2009.[21]

He married Jade Goody on 22 February 2009. On 3 March 2009, Tweed was convicted of common assault for attacking a taxi driver in May 2008.[22]

if i hadn't been thumbing through people magazine while waiting for the eye doctor a few weeks ago, i'd have no idea who these two were.

they seem to be the poster children for everything that is wrong with reality tv. attention seeking, no talent having trash that try to parlay time spent on a tv show where the only thing they have to do is be watched by other people into "stardom."

when someone this shockingly uneducated and ignorant can become a "celebrity" because of her stupidity, we are all in deep trouble.

capncnut
22-Mar-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm quite surprised at the way the news channels are handling it. While it's the top news story, it's not exactly being shoved down our throats...

...but wait for those tabloids tomorrow. Every front page will carry a picture of her Michael Berryman bonce and the tag 'England's princess' underneath it. :dead:

It is a bit of a shit for her kids though, and to lose their mum on Mother's Day. I bet the one-armed bandit, Jackiey, ain't feeling to good either.

Oh MZ, your mate Brownie has hailed Jade as 'courageous' and 'an inspiration to many'. I knew he'd have something predictable and useless to say. :rolleyes:

when someone this shockingly uneducated and ignorant can become a "celebrity" because of her stupidity, we are all in deep trouble.
Tell me about it. This may sound incredible but she was once asked who Sherlock Holmes was and she replied, "didn't he play for England?"

SymphonicX
22-Mar-2009, 03:43 PM

100% well said.

Notice how kids nowdays only say "i want to be famous" as an ambition - this is a result of people like her. Fame succeeds an achievement, not preceeds it. This woman brought nothing to world, and the amount of half assed tributes being poured over her is sickening when they are truly good people dying in the world right now.

Mike70
22-Mar-2009, 07:11 PM
Tell me about it. This may sound incredible but she was once asked who Sherlock Holmes was and she replied, "didn't he play for England?"

please tell me you are kidding??? i know 4 year olds that can tell you who sherlock holmes was (and he played for scotland anyway, scored 2 goals in the 74 world cup:D). was this silly broad just having a laugh on everyone? can any single person really be that clueless??

i read the article about her on the BBC today and it is awash in hyperbole and nonsensical shit.

the thing that really kills me is that she wrote a biography?? she was only in her 20s, what the fuck did she have to write about??

Notice how kids nowdays only say "i want to be famous" as an ambition - this is a result of people like her. Fame succeeds an achievement, not preceeds it. This woman brought nothing to world, and the amount of half assed tributes being poured over her is sickening when they are truly good people dying in the world right now.

yep. everybody wants to be "famous" and most think that talent or achievement need not figure into it. how many shitty singers go to auditions for american idol (and shows like it around the world) hoping to be the next william hung? the fact that most people were laughing at that guy and not with him never even crosses their minds.

that is the true curse of reality tv; people becoming "famous" for simply acting like fools on tv.

i do enjoy some reality tv. i find shows like "top chef" entertaining because the contestants actually have some talent beyond mugging for the camera.

SymphonicX
22-Mar-2009, 08:12 PM
Mike70: well I love the Apprentice - simply because I enjoy seeing business egos destroyed through unbelievable displays of stupidity...but at least it has a point, Xfactor and Pop Idol or whatever is purely the death of music and talent. So yeah I'm with you on that one, people famous simply for being arseholes...it's not on really, and unfortunately sends a very sad message to the youth of today.

I've been very harsh about Goody in the past and tbh, I am still feeling the same way - she brought nothing to the world and only added more paranoia, fear, and insecurity...

MinionZombie
22-Mar-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, I'm quite surprised at the way the news channels are handling it. While it's the top news story, it's not exactly being shoved down our throats...

...but wait for those tabloids tomorrow. Every front page will carry a picture of her Michael Berryman bonce and the tag 'England's princess' underneath it.

It is a bit of a shit for her kids though, and to lose their mum on Mother's Day. I bet the one-armed bandit, Jackiey, ain't feeling to good either.

Oh MZ, your mate Brownie has hailed Jade as 'courageous' and 'an inspiration to many'. I knew he'd have something predictable and useless to say.

Aye - another dime-a-dozen quote from Brown. He couldn't give a bugger really, why do we need to know what he "thinks" (i.e. what his 'team thinks')?

Also - was on Sky News interactive red button menu thingy today - two windows directly about Jade, a "Sunday" window about the main story of the day - which was Jade - so that's three windows dedicated to Jade Goody's death.

Then - there's the "headlines" window, which is a quick run through of the headlines, so every five minutes it's Jade on that window too - and finally, the main news feed, which at some point every 15 minutes is going to be about Jade Goody - so, indeed, there was FIVE out of EIGHT windows being used up about Jade Goody.

Now - the tragedy in amongst this pool of foul "slebritty" seeking, media obsession, lack of talent & education and so on, is - as you say Capn - she's a mother with two young kids (who look completely ignorant and bewildered by what's been going on around them lately). The two boys don't have a mother anymore, and they lost her on mother's day.

As for the Jade "death-o-rama" circus, it won't be over for a long while yet - there's still the 'epic' funeral coming soon to a TV screen near you, then of course all the tie-in books and so on.

It really speaks ill of our society today, doesn't it? :shifty:

capncnut
22-Mar-2009, 09:44 PM
Aye - another dime-a-dozen quote from Brown. He couldn't give a bugger really, why do we need to know what he "thinks"?
It's a tad hypocritical considering he was condemning her for the Shilpa Shetty race row on Slebrity BB. Now she's a f**king saint. :dead:

Mike70
23-Mar-2009, 01:14 AM
It's a tad hypocritical considering he was condemning her for the Shilpa Shetty race row on Slebrity BB. Now she's a f**king saint. :dead:

another interesting point. in addition to being dumb as a box of hand rubbed rocks, she also said a number of racial things which caused an outcry. she gets cancer and starts parading her two kids around in giant boohoo fests and all of a sudden she is some "role model" and "symbol of courage." unbelievable that this talentless, ignorant, racist harpy who seemingly never did anything other than aggrandize her own ego is now being held up as something to aspire to.

i don't get people sometimes.

what might be the saddest thing of all is that it seems that this bimbo's demise has pushed natasha richardson's death to the back burner. that is criminal because not only was natasha richardson an incredibly talented actress, she was an amazingly kind, giving person who actually seemed to give a fuck about other people and care about making a difference in the world.

capncnut
23-Mar-2009, 03:38 AM
what might be the saddest thing of all is that it seems that this bimbo's demise has pushed natasha richardson's death to the back burner.
As it happens, I ain't heard jackshit about Natasha today. Which is a sickener because Liam Neeson is quite the depressed motherf**ker at the moment.

Outstaged by a talentless turd.

As for Jade, my cousin attended the same school as her in Bermondsey and bullying was observed on more than a few occasions. Let's just say there's no love lost as far as that goes.

Neil
23-Apr-2009, 12:45 PM
*groan*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8014126.stm

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2009, 05:59 PM
*groan*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8014126.stm
:hurl:

I'd heard "musical" yesterday - fuck sake.

But now adding in YET ANOTHER "tv talent show" - SOD RIGHT OFF!!!

It's incredibly lazy programming, plus it's tacky, plus who on earth wants to watch a musical that'll feature such musical 'treats' as the 'Am I Minging?' opera, the 'She Gave PJ a BJ' acapella, and the musical-styles-fusion vibe of 'East Angular Is Abroad Innit?' ... ... geeeeeeeezus.

SymphonicX
23-Apr-2009, 08:45 PM
Her mum is also just releasing a book of Jade's life or some such shit.

It's times like these I wish she was dead....oh wait...she was a fucking waste of space on the ground and now she's a fucking waste of space underneath it.

I know, it's harsh....I'm sorry.

Suicidalsteve
23-Apr-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys for restoring my faith in common sense!
I started to think I was being an evil bastard mocking this media circus.
Most people I know bemoaning the fact that she's got cancer.
Well, I've known a few people that deserved a minute of the exposure that the misery of cancer can cause, my father included, and I'll guess a few on here can relate too.
I'd rather be skinned alive then rolled around in salt than read/watch/hear anymore about this dillution of the gene pool.
No SymphonicX, not harsh at all.

capncnut
23-Apr-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, I've known a few people that deserved a minute of the exposure that the misery of cancer can cause, my father included, and I'll guess a few on here can relate too.
Yeah, I've lost a few close to me from cancer over the years, but in this case I actually felt sorry for the cancer that had to live in Jade Goody's body.

Isn't it bad enough that we had the TV programmes, funeral coverage and news reports shoved down our throats? Now we got to suffer a shitty musical and yet another reality show. Seriously, I'm beginning to wish the c**t was alive now because maybe the she wouldn't be in the media gaze as much.

RustyHicks
24-Apr-2009, 12:09 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I was going to say millions of people die every year from Cancer and where is their tribute magazine and what makes her so special, ok so she played on a reality TV show, exposed herself to the public, who really cares. I am sorry she passed on, and I feel bad for the kids she left behind, but I just don't understand why the media is making such a big thing out of it...They have tribute pages on Facebook, which I think is getting out of hand...:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

AcesandEights
24-Apr-2009, 12:33 AM
Sir Michael Parkinson wrote that Goody had become property of the media "to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died". He claimed she represented "all that is paltry and wretched about Britain".

*Shrug* I only know about this woman thanks to you guys.

DubiousComforts
24-Apr-2009, 02:48 AM
I only know about this woman thanks to you guys.
Yeah, me too. Thanks for nothing, "you guys"! :(

Debbieangel
26-Apr-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, me too. Thanks for nothing, "you guys"! :(

^what Dub said!

Yojimbo
26-Apr-2009, 08:49 PM
^what Dub said!
What Dub and Debbie and Aces said- ditto for me. Never heard of this woman, don't care, though I am truly sorry for anyone who gets cancer. But this woman just sounds like another flavor-of-the-month psuedo-celebrity. Remember, there was once a time when everyone seemed to care about Farrah Fawcet too, and I venture to guess that this woman will fade from the public eye as soon as everyone get's tired of her, which - given the fickle nature of the media-obessed public - should not be to long in coming.

But stateside, we have the same sort of stupid media and stupid people that worship the ground that the Kardashians and Taylor Hicks walk on, so I can totally relate.

And in this vein, let me say that PEOPLE and US magazine are not fit to wipe your ass with.

Dachan-da
27-Apr-2009, 10:29 AM
Jade Goody, Plegh! :rockbrow:

:rant: This has been bone of contention in our house hold. She was a waste of a sperm and an egg cell, and did nothing to better her life or the life of others. :ukk:
Now, don't get me wrong, I would never want anybody to get Cancer, unless they were a kiddie fiddling monster, or, genocide maniac (as mentioned in one of the post's above).
We have a family member who has been diagnosed with the same cancer that Jade suffered from, the family member in question has raised 4 children by her self, has worked every day of her life, her kids are well spoken and very polite, she didn't have a good education but she went out of her way to better her knowledge of everything around her and is something of a role model for the youngsters in our family. Will she receive any glorification? would she get on the front page of every newspaper? Nope, dose she deserve it? In my eyes, yes, she offered allot more not just to her family but to society in general.:thumbsup:
The one good thing to come out of this pointless media frenzy is that there is a little more awareness of the cancers that affect females and it may have made a few people go and get tested were as previously they wouldn't out of fear. But sadly, that's the only good thing to come out of it.

As for the magazine doing the 'Jade Goody Tribute' before she passed away, she probably sold the rights to that mag first just to squeeze in a couple more £££'s before she popped her clog's :dead:

Yojimbo
28-Apr-2009, 11:45 PM
Why is Jade and Patrick Swazye held up as so courageous with their cancer? What they hell are they doing differently that makes them so much more courageous than any other cancer patient fighting to stay alive?

My grandfather and my uncle both passed away from cancer. Not that I expected US magazine to take notice of my relatives and call them courageous, mind you, but how are their lives any less important than these actors and fools?

Why the hell should I give a damn about Swazye or Jade? Do they fart Pierre Cardin, or produce diamonds from their colons?

I mean no disrespect to both Swazye and Jade, and think it is terrible that they are suffering from a terminal disease, but to make them out to be heroes of some sort really pisses me off.

That Marine who took a dive on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers- he was a hero. Those firefighters who walked into the Twin Towers to save lives and died when the building fell - they were courageous. To use the same terms to describe Jade and Swazey seems to be disrepectful these truly courageous heroes, and to all normal, non-celeb types who have suffered and died from cancer.

capncnut
29-Apr-2009, 12:58 AM
You know what I find funny? The way Jade suddenly became a christian and started doing the charity thing. Like "I'm gonna meet God soon so I better start being good."

And these people think that going to the gym and eating healthily is somehow going to reverse the cancer. At least ol' Swayze's still schmokin'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00659/news-graphics-2008-_659120a.jpg

Dachan-da
29-Apr-2009, 07:40 AM
Why is Jade and Patrick Swazye held up as so courageous with their cancer? What they hell are they doing differently that makes them so much more courageous than any other cancer patient fighting to stay alive?

Didn’t you know, being loaded with money, having all the material comforts, having the best doctors, access to the latest treatments and being in the media eye makes your fight for life much much harder than that of the average lower class insignificant runt…….

I know what Jade went through was awful, and what Mr Swayze is going through is awful, and yes, it must be tough on there family’s and friend etc, but they had/have it a dam site easier than the cancer victim who cant afford even the basic treatment.

The press call them hero’s……. Call me old fashioned, but don’t hero’s fly through the air, swing from webs, or shoot lasers from their eyes? Oh wait, that’s SUPERhero’s. Silly me, super powers would have saved these people from cancer. :p
But even a hero has more to offer the world than any celebrity. The person who spends there life disarming landmines in populated areas is a hero, the fire-fighter who runs into a burning building disregarding there own safety for another human is a hero, people giving up there own comfort and security to make life better for others are hero’s. Being a gobshite ain’t being a hero, and neither is dirty dancing. :mad:

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2009, 01:19 PM
At least ol' Swayze's still schmokin'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00659/news-graphics-2008-_659120a.jpg

I thought he'd be taller. :D

Dachan-da
30-Apr-2009, 06:25 AM
I thought he'd be taller. :D

It’s amazing what the silver screen can do for your physical stature

capncnut
12-May-2009, 08:50 PM
This has to be a joke but I just heard on the radio that scouse medium faker, Derek Acorah, is going to do a one-off show on UK Living where he will try to contact Jade Goody through a seance.

There's no punchline coming, I'm being serious. :confused:

I'm certain he will get 'possessed' (he does in every show he's in :rolleyes:) and will start spouting gems like "East Angular" and "am I mingin'?" in a cockney accent. It should be quite funny to watch. That Max Clifford, he's making more money on Jade now than he did when she was alive, the slippery bastard.

Neil
13-May-2009, 12:17 PM
This has to be a joke but I just heard on the radio that scouse medium faker, Derek Acorah, is going to do a one-off show on UK Living where he will try to contact Jade Goody through a seance.

I'm certain he will get 'possessed' (he does in every show he's in :rolleyes:) and will start spouting gems like "East Angular" and "am I mingin'?" in a cockney accent. It should be quite funny to watch. That Max Clifford, he's making more money on Jade now than he did when she was alive, the slippery bastard.

No! Don't believe it! Show me a link :)

capncnut
13-May-2009, 12:43 PM
No! Don't believe it! Show me a link :)
When I find a link (can't find one at present), I'll will post but I definitely heard it on LBC and that Derek Acorah will do a show dedicated to Jade on Living. Madness.

Dtothe3
14-May-2009, 09:07 PM
Is there not some irony that this topic has made it to 4 pages of slating Jade Goody. Like it or not, everyone has an opinion, and is willing to talk about it.

All that's changed is one word all things considered. It used to be;

"Oh look, that Jade Goody is ON the box"...

She's buried, let's be done with the "example of everything to hate about the UK".

Neil
15-May-2009, 10:23 AM
Is there not some irony that this topic has made it to 4 pages of slating Jade Goody. Like it or not, everyone has an opinion, and is willing to talk about it.

All that's changed is one word all things considered. It used to be;

"Oh look, that Jade Goody is ON the box"...

She's buried, let's be done with the "example of everything to hate about the UK".

Problem is, we now have the books to come out, and a film!

Chic Freak
15-May-2009, 12:21 PM

Good GOD! I read a joke article in Viz about Jade making a "comeback" by appearing on Most Haunted and it made me laugh... maybe it's not so inconceivable after all :confused:

Neil
15-May-2009, 12:27 PM
Good GOD! I read a joke article in Viz about Jade making a "comeback" by appearing on Most Haunted and it made me laugh... maybe it's not so inconceivable after all :confused:

That's just a joke yes?

Dtothe3
15-May-2009, 09:20 PM
Problem is, we now have the books to come out, and a film!

You forgot the musical... :barf:

capncnut
16-May-2009, 12:38 AM
You forgot the musical... :barf:
And the album... and the reality show...

Chic Freak
16-May-2009, 09:28 AM
That's just a joke yes?

Yes, it was written as a joke, funny because it was- WAS- so absurd. If it actually happens the world has officially gone mad!

Dachan-da
16-May-2009, 12:06 PM

I’m really not surprised at this, where there’s a chance to make money, people will exploit it. But please, when you get the link post it.
And yes, I shamefully admit I will watch it, and laugh. And cry. And feel dirty.:(

Yes, it was written as a joke, funny because it was- WAS- so absurd. If it actually happens the world has officially gone mad!
I read that in Viz, and your prediction is right, the world has gone mad! :eek:

And the album... and the reality show...
And the stop animation-Kiddie show, the Disney CGI film…… *Plegh* :dead: