PDA

View Full Version : RZ's H2 to feature a bearded, vest-wearing Michael Myers?

ProfessorChaos
18-Mar-2009, 01:03 AM
IGN has an article up about a set visit to Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. apparently, he's not going to be very faithful to the original Halloween 2 (wow, remakes of sequels...so it's come to this...), and has decided to throw a few other things in...including more screen time for his wife, who plays the ghost of Michael Myer's mother.:confused: and now Michael has a beard...and a vest. so we've got a traumatized mountain-man mass murderer...(alliteration is fun)

i think this movie is gonna be quite a bit different from his first Halloween film...take that for what you will. as for me, i enjoyed the first, but don't really like what i'm reading so far about this one.

guess we'll see. here's the link, but there are some spoilers included in the write-up.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/963/963622p1.html

Danny
18-Mar-2009, 01:20 AM
still not seen his remake but for a slasher that sounds pretty rad, ive heard worse.

CASE IN POINT. SLEEPAWAY CAMP 1 THRU 4.:|

axlish
18-Mar-2009, 10:22 AM
still not seen his remake but for a slasher that sounds pretty rad, ive heard worse.

CASE IN POINT. SLEEPAWAY CAMP 1 THRU 4.:|

Wow, I disagree with everything you just said :o

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2009, 10:47 AM
That all sounds Zombie-esque rockabilly, nothing surprising there, but nothing that makes me want to see it. I've not even seen the first one (remake), but have no particular interest in doing so. It's just all very... meh.

bassman
18-Mar-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought the remake was pretty good and I friggin love The Devil's Rejects, so I trust Zombie to at least make an enjoyable film.

3pidemiC
18-Mar-2009, 04:16 PM
To me, the remake was not Halloween. Rob Zombie totally fucked that one up and turned it to trash. White....trash....

Danny
18-Mar-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow, I disagree with everything you just said :o

different strokes dude, different strokes:D

MinionZombie
18-Mar-2009, 06:31 PM
different strokes dude, different strokes:D
Makes for varied masturbation.

Hmmm ... interesting.

I enjoyed RZ's version of Halloween - but obviously it's not a patch on the original. None of these remakes better the original. I was pretty pissed, however, when a 3-disc DVD was announced not long after I bought the 2-disc - although a 3-disc hasn't materialised yet I don't think - it sounded like it was gonna be along the lines of the double disc Devil's Rejects DVD with that big-ass making of - which answered all questions and was a superb making of full stop.

Anyway - let's see what RZ comes up with, things can sound "you wot?" and then turn out nice ... ... or they can turn out turd, so...

capncnut
19-Mar-2009, 02:18 AM
Sherri Moon... nice ass, bad ghost.

"Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!" :D

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2009, 10:42 AM
Sherri Moon... nice ass, bad ghost.

"Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!" :D
:lol:

Although she's way too thin these days, she was rather scrawny in Halloween - she needs some more meat on her bones.

bassman
19-Mar-2009, 11:55 AM
but obviously it's not a patch on the original. None of these remakes better the original.

That's one opinion.:shifty:

MikePizzoff
19-Mar-2009, 12:29 PM

Blasphemer!!!

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2009, 01:54 PM
Blasphemer!!!
:lol:

Well ... I thought the remake of Hills Have Eyes equalled the original, and certainly bettered it in the third act. But I'm not a huge fan of the original, nor was the original amazing. That's a single exception though.

mista_mo
19-Mar-2009, 03:14 PM
am I the only one who thinks that the original Halloween sucked hardcore?
anyone?

*grim silence*

bassman
19-Mar-2009, 03:35 PM
am I the only one who thinks that the original Halloween sucked hardcore?
anyone?

*grim silence*

I don't know if I would say it sucked....but it's definitely not as great as most people make it out to be. One of Carpenter's worst works, but it's often called his best.

Zombie made a much more lively film with some depth. Carpenter's was like "guy walking....guy in bushes....guy walking with a knife....guy in bushes with a knife...guy stabs some people....guy get's shot....guy disappears..roll credits.":bored:

mista_mo
19-Mar-2009, 03:40 PM
you forgot the part where Jamie lee Curtis screams a lot, runs around a lot, and generally acts like a shit.

capncnut
19-Mar-2009, 03:45 PM
Blasphemer!!!
In a way, Bassman does have a point. The original doesn't really have a lot of Myers on offer as he is generally in the shadows or hiding behind a trashcan. In RZ's Halloween, there are times when one looks at the sheer manbeast of Myers and thinks, 'Holy f**k!' :stunned:

Don't get me wrong though, I do prefer Carpenter's original.

bassman
19-Mar-2009, 03:55 PM
I also prefered the background given to characters in Zombie's film. In the original the characters' pasts are kinda hinted at, but you really don't get a feel for them.

So when the it cuts to the present day in the remake, I actually know the character and can relate. People always complain that the remake is "white trash", but have you ever watched the news? People that go crazy are generally white trash!:lol:

And who could dislike Malcolm McDowell as Loomis? The sequel has got some legends in it too. Including Bill Moseley and Caroline Williams from TCM 2...

capncnut
19-Mar-2009, 04:06 PM
I used to fancy the pants off Caroline Williams when I was a kid. I'd have 'stretched' her out anyday.

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2009, 09:41 PM
And who could dislike Malcolm McDowell as Loomis? The sequel has got some legends in it too. Including Bill Moseley and Caroline Williams from TCM 2...

Hell yeah! :cool:

Also, aye - RZ's version finally made Myers scary again. After part two, he was no longer scary whatsoever, and the mask sucked balls - in RZ's, not only was he scary again, he was a formiddable foe and the mask kicked ass.

I used to fancy the pants off Caroline Williams when I was a kid. I'd have 'stretched' her out anyday.

Oh hells yeah - she was fucking FIT AS in TCM2 ... ... DAMN ... those were some short shorts. ;)

bassman
27-Apr-2009, 02:30 PM
Trailer:

HtTw3xhW0Uk&hl=en&fs=1

Looks good to me. Zombie keeps saying that this is an original story and has nothing to do with the original Halloween 2, but judging by all the hospital stuff it looks alot like the original...

And the maskless Myers reminds me of a post-accident Al Simmons from the Spawn film. Jeez....when is THAT franchise going to get a proper movie treatment? I would love a great Spawn film...

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2009, 05:49 PM
Trailer:

HtTw3xhW0Uk&hl=en&fs=1

Looks good to me. Zombie keeps saying that this is an original story and has nothing to do with the original Halloween 2, but judging by all the hospital stuff it looks alot like the original...

And the maskless Myers reminds me of a post-accident Al Simmons from the Spawn film. Jeez....when is THAT franchise going to get a proper movie treatment? I would love a great Spawn film...
Looks good to me too.

I think the hospital stuff is really only at the beginning of the movie though, so I've read anyway, and from RZ's own mouth it's not really anything to do with the original Halloween 2.

I'm liking the look of Myers, with mask, and a hood over the top - like a hobo Myers - I like it, it makes sense for the character, but it also does something a little bit different than the boiler suit and fresh mask as we've seen plenty of times before - it goes into different territory, but territory that's still safe in terms of the character (i.e. not raping it).

I'm totally up for H2 as I rather liked RZ's Halloween - even with it's flaws, and even not being as good as the superior Devil's Rejects ... this looks, in a good way, a bit more Rob Zombie, and a bit less Halloween remake.

Although as RZ has said himself, he's uncomfortable with this "make it more Rob Zombie" way of thinking that he had on the first movie - as he said, "what does that mean?" - well, with H2 at least, it's looking more along the lines of The Devil's Rejects, than along the lines of "sequel to a remake", you know?

Anyway - bring it on. :)

BUT - why-oh-why is this not getting released on Halloween night?! I mean what the fuck? :confused:

capncnut
27-Apr-2009, 07:23 PM
Yup, this is directly related to the original sequel. Don't look too bad either. I wonder if RZ will do H3 as well with Conal Cochran and the gang? :D

BUT - why-oh-why is this not getting released on Halloween night?! I mean what the fuck? :confused:
What would be the point of releasing it on Halloween? The film would only be good for one day and then it's over. By releasing it on August 28th or whatnot, RZ is using the whole build up to the holiday and it's one's choice whether to go on Halloween night or not.

bassman
27-Apr-2009, 07:46 PM
By releasing it on August 28th or whatnot, RZ is using the whole build up to the holiday and it's one's choice whether to go on Halloween night or not.

PLUS....most people are out partying it up on Halloween and wouldn't want to go see a movie. So ticket sales wouldn't be that great. That's ultimately what it boils down to...

MikePizzoff
27-Apr-2009, 10:23 PM
What the FUCK?! Why is Michael's mother coercing him to go kill people? Is this fucking Fri 13th all of a sudden? :mad:

I'll still probably see it. :o

The first one he did wasn't released on Halloween, either; it was on my birthday. :cool:

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2009, 12:22 AM
wow, trailer was better than i expected. the hooded look isn't as bad as i'd imagined, either,and many moments of that trailer certainly had an "original" halloween 2 feel to them, which is cool with me, as it's the only sequel that i consider worthy of following the first (original) film.

...but i gotta agree with the pizz about how it's pretty lame that mrs. meyers has become the new mrs. vorhees(sp?)....that part of the plot looks mind-numbingly lame and predictable...can't RZ's wife find anything to do besides prance around in his movies? i really wish he loved his wife a bit less and his work a bit more...they really could have left her out of this one, imo...but i guess if it's part of the story, then so be it.

nice to see loomis back, malcom mcdowell did a great job with that character...but didn't michael thumb-fuck the shit out of his eye sockets at the end of RZ's halloween?:confused: i recall thinking, "well, he's gone and killed loomis immediately"..which would have been cool if they'd decided to do just one. loomis's line from the trailer about michael "evolving" was pretty corny, but i guess if he'd been locked up inside a rubber room for a decade or so, there's a few things he's not quite used to (ordering cheeseburgers, remembering to brush his teeth on his own, proper table manners)

thought i heard something about "conclusion" in the trailer's narration...wonder if that'll still be true if this film sells all kinds of tickets...if not RZ, then some other guy will get recruited by dimension, and next thing you know, we'll have halloween part 15: michael takes tokyo starring one of brangelina's kids coming out in summer 2019.

i'll be checking this one out in theaters, i suppose. liking what i see so far, overall.

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2009, 09:39 AM
Aye, they say "Rob Zombie completes his vision..." or something like that, so hopefully they'll just leave it at H2 and end it there, which would be a good idea I think.

Also, I got the impression from the trailer - second time around - that the hospital chunk is going to be quite short, and essentially a dream - whether the dream is based on fact, or is a total dream, I don't know - but it came off like that when I re-watched that teaser (and a generous teaser it was too, which is nice).

So aye, it seems more like the hospital stuff is a dream and not the main thrust of it all - and then we come to it months later (even a year or two?) later - hence hobo-Myers.

I haven't really been reading much about the background plot to the movie on any websites, I couldn't be arsed, haha - I do go to Bloody Disgusting sometimes, but everytime I go there I see another slew of titles up for remakes, and I just die a little bit more inside. :bored:

Anyway, woo for H2!

capncnut
28-Apr-2009, 09:15 PM
many moments of that trailer certainly had an "original" halloween 2 feel to them, which is cool with me, as it's the only sequel that i consider worthy of following the first (original) film.
Quite agree and I don't understand how it didn't get better reviews when it was released. I think they revisit 'the night he came home' quite well for a movie made three years later.

tkane18
29-Apr-2009, 12:14 AM

I semi-agree with you. Maybe not Halloween night but early October would work just fine. I think the last one never made it to the month of October.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=halloween07.htm

Well, I just checked and the last one was still out the weekend before Halloween but was only on 271 screen nationwide.

capncnut
26-May-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm gonna totally contradict myself now so strap in.

I've been quite bloody ill over these last few days so I've had a bit of spare time. As I've never watched RZ's Halloween with total silence before I decided to do so. Yes, it might be a thrilling ride but, oh my god, it is a totally unrealistic silly piece of turd at the same time.

1. I love TDR, but please keep the TDR-isms within the TDR universe please. Why does everyone have to be a sweaty biker with long hair?

2. There's no way that kid would be able to slaughter the whole family like that. One sister I can believe in but a whole family? F**k off! I actually thought this scene was dragged out and tiresome.

3. The transition from cute child to mute psychopath was quite unconvincing IMO.

4. Michael Myers as an adult... HUGE f**ker! Supposedly the most evil and callous psychopath on the planet, right? Can rip someone's head off with his bare hands. So what the f**k are two redneck dipshits doing taking the piss out of him and raping a chick in his cell? How utterly stupid and unrealistic.

I'm gonna quit right there because I've only covered the first thirty minutes and I can't be arsed to do the rest. The movie is a fun ride but when I zoomed in on it last night, my high opinion is now slowly circling the drain.

I will see the sequel though. I'm a glutton for punishment like that. :D

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 11:55 AM
In response to your thoughts:

1) I see what you mean, RZ does have a lot of "hairy biker" type people in his movies - but then again, in Halloween, he has that really middle class and really nice family of Laurie's, and I actually thought they were really well written and represented. Usually middle class parents (heck, all parents) in these sort of movies are assholes and douchebags, but not that family (the mother was Dee Wallace), so when they got slaughtered it was actually quite sad/shocking/harsh.

2) A whole family? He does the sister and the dude who's passed out drunk on a recliner - duct tapes him there (easy peasy), and then slits his throat (again, easy peasy). So it's not exactly like some massive slaughter ... oh wait, there was the other dude eating candy - well, again, not a huge deal because he caught him off guard with a metal baseball bat and then beat the shit out of him when he was down. He may be a kid, but some kids can be hard as nails.

3) There wasn't a transition, it was just kid - then man mountain - which I liked actually. It's like the line between sane, and insane.

4) Yeah, a huge fucker, but he's not really done a lot of violence in recent years, and especially when the two young guards are morons, you're gonna end up with blood everywhere. They're retarded rednecks, it's what they do.

capncnut
26-May-2009, 01:02 PM
He does the sister and the dude who's passed out drunk on a recliner - duct tapes him there (easy peasy).
Are you quite sure about that? I know for a fact I'd wake up the moment someone put a bit of duct tape over my gob. Let alone bind me up in shitloads of it proper tight. Surely one would feel that?

There wasn't a transition, it was just kid - then man mountain - which I liked actually. It's like the line between sane, and insane.
He made a transition from adolescence to adulthood in a very brief time. Wasn't there a bit when McDowell was making one of his repetitive evaluations where you see a slightly taller Daeg Faerch in a mask? The thing that got right up my pipe though was that one minute he was sweet as a nut with Danny Trejo, next minute he was dunking his head under water. Why not just batter Trejo from the off?

Yeah, a huge fucker, but he's not really done a lot of violence in recent years, and especially when the two young guards are morons, you're gonna end up with blood everywhere. They're retarded rednecks, it's what they do.
Again, not convinced. The moment Myers stands up (he's gotta be seven foot plus and built like a brick shithouse), I don't care if the person taunting him is Muhammad "I'm Hard" Bruce Lee, he knows he would lose his life. Myers has a history of murdering people out of the blue - including staff at the facility - in fact, two turds like that would not have even been in charge of watching over him. That rape scene was just tacked on to shock people, nothing more.

The film is enjoyable enough, has a decent cast and a mountain of a Myers but the story is all over the shop. :dead:

Doc
26-May-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm really not crazy about Michael Myers wearing a hood.

Michael Myaz in da hood!

Call me crazy but, I actually like Halloween 4 better than 2.:shifty:

I don't like the hospital setting in Halloween 2 at all. Confinement to one area seems to kill the suspense in my opinion because we KNOW that Michael's somewhere in the building. A major factor fear-inducing factor in the original was that we felt Michael could be anywhere. I think the empty streets of Haddonfield with the fog at night make a much more chilling atmosphere then the hospital.

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't like the hospital setting in Halloween 2 at all.

I think in H2 that's only going to be a part of it.

In a recent teaser (a good 2 plus minutes) I personally got the impression that the hospital stuff was all a part of a kind of 'before everything else in the movie' precursor of sorts, so I duno...others think it's a bigger thing, but I think the hospital will only be a bit of the whole of H2.

Mark my words. :cool:

capncnut
26-May-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't like the hospital setting in Halloween 2 at all. Confinement to one area seems to kill the suspense in my opinion because we KNOW that Michael's somewhere in the building.
Well, the hospital segment is like the last 40 minutes of the film. In fact, the three houses in the first Halloween covers a much smaller area. I still felt the suspense in Halloween II.

What I liked the most is that both were made a few years apart and are sewn together nicely as the same night. Other than Jamie Lee Curtis's face in II, both films are almost seamless. I once spliced them together into one feature back in the VHS days and it worked rather well.

Call me crazy but, I actually like Halloween 4 better than 2.:shifty:
Mad as a hatter. :D

Doc
26-May-2009, 10:29 PM
Other than Jamie Lee Curtis's face in II, both films are almost seamless. I once spliced them together into one feature back in the VHS days and it worked rather well.

Dang, you guys could do that back in the day?:confused::stunned:

Mad as a hatter. :D

Sorry.:p I just find the hospital fails to convince me. It's so dark and empty!
That and Halloween 2 never felt that halloweeny except the school scene! Of course, though I still rank it higher than H5, Curse, and Ressurection. Now thoses are slipups.:annoyed:

bassman
26-May-2009, 10:40 PM
Dang, you guys could do that back in the day?:confused::stunned:

Damn Doc....VHS isn't THAT old. Or is that sarcasm and I should now put my foot in my mouth?

I like that Zombie is taking more chances with the property. I'm actually surprised that some of this takes place in a hospital. I thought I remembered reading that this was "His" film and would not be a Halloween 2 remake?....

Either way....I like Zombie's films and hopefully this one will deliver as well as The Devil's Rejects and Halloween did...

Pógmothóin
26-May-2009, 11:05 PM
Rob Zombie is a hack.

He's like the Ed Wood of our generation, only not as unique. He's unique in a i'm 40, but still hip, but not really.. more hip in like a poser kind of way.

bassman
27-May-2009, 03:07 AM
Rob Zombie is a hack.

He's like the Ed Wood of our generation, only not as unique. He's unique in a i'm 40, but still hip, but not really.. more hip in like a poser kind of way.

Welcome to HPotD...........

:cool:

Crappingbear
27-May-2009, 03:31 AM
I'll see it mainly to see if Texas guitar player Jesse Dayton's scenes make the movie or end up on the cutting room floor. He is also doing soundtrack work ala his Banjo and Sullivan from RZ's Devil Rejects. I believe his role in H2 is going to be playing on stage in a joint or something like that.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 10:38 AM
What's good is that RZ has been going on about feeling "better" about the whole process of making H2 compared to H1 - he feels more freed up to just enjoy it, so that should translate to the film on screen quite well methinks. :)