PDA

View Full Version : Does this man qualify as unluckiest man ever?

Neil
27-Mar-2009, 12:16 PM
He was in Hiroshima on a business trip on 6 August 1945 when the H-bomb went off... He suffered serious burns and spent a night there before returning to his home city of Nagasaki...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7963581.stm

bassman
27-Mar-2009, 12:37 PM
I hate to be the one to say it...but that's kind of comical. Not the bombings or the people that were hurt/killed in them, but the fact that this dude some how managed to make it to both.

Would I call him unluckiest man ever? Not really. He's still alive at 93 after surviving two atomic blasts. I would call him the luckiest man ever.:lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Mar-2009, 01:32 PM
I hate to be the one to say it...but that's kind of comical.

It's the sheer definition of irony. Of course it's something you can chuckle at, despite how horrific it is.

For instance, I was once in Florida on vacation. We ended up returning home a day early. The day we were initially supposed to return, the plane we would have been on crashed. It had made me laugh... not because I thought the people dying was funny... but because I had escaped death by pure luck. After writing all of that, I'm realizing that has nothing to do with irony... fuck it.

AcesandEights
27-Mar-2009, 02:14 PM
Wow, but at least the guy tempted fate and is still alive and kicking today. Horrible that he had to bare witness to all that loss and devastation.

Yojimbo
27-Mar-2009, 09:41 PM
He's still alive at 93 after surviving two atomic blasts. I would call him the luckiest man ever.:lol:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I don't find this funny in the least, mind you, but I agree that he is certainly lucky in this regard. I can only hope that I make to his age, and I haven't had the exposure to radiation and tragedy that this dude has experienced.