View Full Version : SHAM-POW: ShamWow's Vince Arrested

3pidemiC
30-Mar-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

You following this camera guy?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2009, 06:52 PM
First time I saw that commercial I thought to myself...that guy looks like he's been strung out on heroin at some point in his life and probably not too long ago, at that.

It's a great product, though (gf uses it all the time).

Also, you'd think he could afford to buy a decent shirt :dead:

clanglee
30-Mar-2009, 07:56 PM

:

What? Heroin? or the sham wow? ;)

Yeah I saw this yesterday. My wife and I got a huge kick out of it. Dude looks like Willem DeFoe on a bender.

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2009, 08:06 PM
What? Heroin?
Yeah, it really loosens the inhibitions if I can get them hooked on the ol'
horse. :p

Dude looks like Willem DeFoe on a bender.

Ooooh, good call!

krakenslayer
30-Mar-2009, 08:11 PM
I feel a little sorry for him. Sure, it's his own fault for hiring a hooker, but I'm not sure if he should be the one in trouble seeing as the crazy bitch bit his tongue and wouldn't let go. I'm not surprised he threw a few punches just to make her let go, it would be a natural reaction I think.

ProfessorChaos
30-Mar-2009, 08:54 PM
yeah, i'd punch a chick if she was biting my tongue like that. but i generally don't go for those type of ladies...

have you guys seen the other commercial this goof does? the "slap chop"? it's like a kitchen appliance that slices, dices, all that jazz...anyway, in the middle of the spot, vince says: "you're gonna love my nuts" plain as day, as a stand-alone statement. pretty irritating fellow, that guy.

MaximusIncredulous
30-Mar-2009, 09:25 PM
Whole thing might have been avoided if he didn't kiss the hooker. What John in his right mind does that?

krakenslayer
30-Mar-2009, 09:28 PM
Whole thing might have been avoided if he didn't kiss the hooker. What John in his right mind does that?

^ Here's a man who knows the protocol. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Mar-2009, 09:42 PM

Are you speaking from experience? :D

Wooley
30-Mar-2009, 10:22 PM
Guess she didn't love his nuts, huh? I think that's a hospital scrub shirt. Probably had some blood on his other one, and they wanted him looking half way presentable for his booking shot.

Does he have the look of someone who realizes life just defecated in his mouth, or what? Think he'll get to keep his huckster job after this? You know Billy Mays and that other guy, the one with the accent are laughing their asses off right now.

MaximusIncredulous
30-Mar-2009, 10:34 PM
Are you speaking from experience? :D

Actually... yes :o

MoonSylver
30-Mar-2009, 10:53 PM

'Cuz it's made in Germany, & y'know they make good stuff! :lol:

bassman
30-Mar-2009, 10:59 PM
'Cuz it's made in Germany, & y'know they make good stuff! :lol:

:lol:

Germany does produce Warwick bass guitars, which are the best in the world, imo.:cool:

Sham wow dude looks rough when he's not on the tube.....

MoonSylver
30-Mar-2009, 11:06 PM
:lol:

Germany does produce Warwick bass guitars, which are the best in the world, imo.:cool:

Sham wow dude looks rough when he's not on the tube.....

(For some reason that line always cracks me up.) That & "Cuz we can't wait around all day!" Why? What th' hell else you got goin' on that's so important?!?! (apparently picking up hookers & beating them up & getting beaten up in return...)

What is it about TV pitch men . They get some cash in pocket & go nuts. First Dell Dude, now this guy. What dark secrets do Billy Mays or the PC/Mac guys harbor I wonder....Hurm....

krakenslayer
30-Mar-2009, 11:10 PM
What is it about TV pitch men . They get some cash in pocket & go nuts. First Dell Dude, now this guy..

It's because they're they kind of people who're willing to sell their dignity for a wage and, by extension, a few minutes of pleasure. :)

MoonSylver
30-Mar-2009, 11:12 PM
It's because they're they kind of people who're willing to sell their dignity for a wage and, by extension, a few minutes of pleasure. :)

Hmmm...never thought of it that way...or in other words, one whore who sells their dignity for cash hires another? :lol:

blind2d
31-Mar-2009, 12:52 AM
Is he the same guy on the Slap n' Chop commercial?

ProfessorChaos
31-Mar-2009, 01:14 AM
yes, and you're going to love his nuts.:D

3pidemiC
31-Mar-2009, 02:03 AM
But you're going to spend twenty dollas on paper towels anyway...

MoonSylver
31-Mar-2009, 04:14 AM
But you're going to spend twenty dollas on paper towels anyway...

This thing pays for itself...

slickwilly13
31-Mar-2009, 06:05 AM
He looks old without the hair-do and makeup. As for kissing her, he was drunk. People sometimes make poor decisions under the influence of alcohol. Such as paying a hooker $1,000 for sex. No hooker is worth that much. Ever.

blind2d
01-Apr-2009, 01:46 AM
I do love his nuts. Poor fellow... at least he got to throw some appliance around a kitchen set. That's one of my dreams. Lucky.

clanglee
01-Apr-2009, 02:21 AM
He looks old without the hair-do and makeup. As for kissing her, he was drunk. People sometimes make poor decisions under the influence of alcohol. Such as paying a hooker $1,000 for sex. No hooker is worth that much. Ever.

When you have some money, the price goes up. They can smell it.

MoonSylver
01-Apr-2009, 04:08 AM
When you have some money, the price goes up. They can smell it.

Wonder if he offered to throw a couple of Sham Wow's in? They pay for themselves y'know...

clanglee
01-Apr-2009, 10:30 PM
Wonder if he offered to throw a couple of Sham Wow's in? They pay for themselves y'know...

Well in the proposition in question. . . there would be a lot of cleanup needed afterwards. . . sooooooo. . . .

MoonSylver
01-Apr-2009, 10:33 PM
Well in the proposition in question. . . there would be a lot of cleanup needed afterwards. . . sooooooo. . . .

That thought occurred to me as well...:elol:

Yojimbo
05-Apr-2009, 05:17 PM
Just had to say that you the posts on this thread have me literally laughing out loud, which is not necessarily appropriate since I am viewing from work surrounded by somewhat morose coworkers who are wondering if I am losing my mind.

kortick
05-Apr-2009, 06:08 PM
ya, he needed a sham-wow to soak up all the
blood and those hooker fluids.

paper towel wouldnt do that good of a job,
and u can put sham wow in the washing machine.

and he TOTALLY looks like the type of scum who
kisses hookers, full tounge action and all.

And why does he wear that headphone thing?
dont they have microphones in that studio.

Wooley
05-Apr-2009, 09:30 PM
I bet he's wishing he'd paid $20 for the paper towels instead.

blind2d
06-Apr-2009, 02:25 AM
Whatever this guy does, I just... he's great in those frekin' commercials! Screw Billy Mays! Darn screamy guy... stupid beard...

MoonSylver
06-Apr-2009, 04:46 AM
Whatever this guy does, I just... he's great in those frekin' commercials! Screw Billy Mays! Darn screamy guy... stupid beard...

I always thought Sham Wow guy vs Billy Mays in a steel cage match would make for great TV.

blind2d
06-Apr-2009, 04:47 PM
That's not a bad idea... and you know what spices up any cage match? Zombies! Or Peter Parker... no, probably just zombies.

blind2d
29-Jun-2009, 03:27 PM
I would like to retract my statement about "screw Billy Mays". The guy is dead, so I want to show more respect.

Yojimbo
29-Jun-2009, 08:43 PM
I would like to retract my statement about "screw Billy Mays". The guy is dead, so I want to show more respect.

blind, behind your strange humor and split personality, you are a good and decent dude.

Though you now run the risk of getting branded by some here as unable to think for yourself and living under the influence of political correctness, I still salute you.

blind2d
30-Jun-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks Yoji (can I call you Yoji?) Not everyone in the bandwagon wants to make room, so sometimes I drag behind it like a cheap imitation of Harrison Ford. You're a good guy too, most likely better than me. Wait... split personality? Oh yeah, I almost forgot!
Oh that's nice, just up and leave us out of your life like garbage, eh? - Murdoc
He's not saying that, he's just setting up for us to talk. - 2D