PDA

View Full Version : The Hobbit / LOTR - Another trilogy?

Neil
01-Apr-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Is-There-Another-Trilogy-In-Middle-Earth-12584.html

bassman
01-Apr-2009, 11:59 AM
You can't really trust movie news sites on this day....

(april 1st)

Neil
01-Apr-2009, 01:10 PM
You can't really trust movie news sites on this day....

(april 1st)

Bit of a crap Apr 1st attempt if it is!?

AcesandEights
01-Apr-2009, 03:34 PM
Bit of a crap Apr 1st attempt if it is!?

It is a bit weak, if you ask me. Assuming it is actually an April Fool's joke, though I believe (hope) it is.

The Hobbit? Fine. But really, let's not try and stretch it out for the extra coin. One 3 hour film (with deleted scenes adding up to 3 1/2 total hours for the DVDs, natch) should be more than sufficient.

bassman
01-Apr-2009, 03:47 PM
It is a bit weak...but i've seen worse for April Fool's jokes. These movie sites love em.

Even if it's not, i'm excited that it's Guillermo Del Toro leading these films. Jackson's weren't horrible, but I don't think I would be interested if it was his same take on the material. And I love Del Toro's style...

AcesandEights
01-Apr-2009, 04:01 PM
. Jackson's weren't horrible, but I don't think I would be interested if it was his same take on the material. And I love Del Toro's style...

Good point and I'm intrigued at the possibility, though I'm starting to feel...just a little, mind you...that Del Toro may be a bit over-hyped by some of his more ardent fans. I do appreciate the fact that he's making films that are visually different and he focuses so much on mood.

By the way, I do remember seeing that the Hobbit film was tentatively slated as a Part I and Part II.