PDA

View Full Version : Adventureland

PJoseph
04-Apr-2009, 03:05 AM
The film is set in Pittsburgh and in one very, VERY brief scene, the characters drive past the Monroeville Mall. It's at night, so all you see is the sign from the entrance, but it was a nice little moment if you knew the connection. I don't know if Mottola did it on purpose, but he could have picked any other road I suppose.

Also - it's a very good film - if you like truthful romantic comedies with characters you can get behind, you will enjoy it. It's not a wacky, slapsticky film as advertised - it's much more slow paced and thought out.

pJ

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2009, 11:06 AM
Cool beans.

As in Gregg Mottola who did Superbad?

PJoseph
04-Apr-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, he directed Superbad.

AcesandEights
04-Apr-2009, 10:45 PM
Also - it's a very good film - if you like truthful romantic comedies with characters you can get behind, you will enjoy it. It's not a wacky, slapsticky film as advertised - it's much more slow paced and thought out.

pJ

Thanks for the spoiler-free review, PJoseph. I may check out a movie tonight after snagging some Indian and this is one of the films we were considering.

thxleo
07-Apr-2009, 10:03 PM
I was looking forward to seeing this and I was really let down. I loved "Superbad", but I thought Mottola's followup just flat out sucked. Jesse Eisenberg was terrible and he has the most annoying speech pattern(he sounds like he is trying to mimic Michael Stipe of R.E.M.). I didn't care about a single character in the film, and it was not funny!
BTW, are there any films that show teenagers not drinking or doing drugs? I can't be the only person who didn't experiment with drugs & alcohol as a teen am I? I must be. :|

ProfessorChaos
07-Apr-2009, 10:14 PM
BTW, are there any films that show teenagers not drinking or doing drugs?

http://medias.ados.fr/medias-factory/m/mediabox/media/0/6/9/53960/53960.jpg

looks like a lotta fun...

thxleo
07-Apr-2009, 10:16 PM
http://medias.ados.fr/medias-factory/m/mediabox/media/0/6/9/53960/53960.jpg

looks like a lotta fun...

I'll have to check it out! :D

blind2d
08-Apr-2009, 12:58 AM
I never did that shi+... but I'm still 19, so... anybody wanna get high?