PDA

View Full Version : no title yet

dracenstein
04-Apr-2009, 09:46 AM
I have been away this site for a couple of weeks. No title yet? Any news or trailers?

Thx in advance.

(Not sure about this new blue background, btw)

ProfessorChaos
04-Apr-2009, 10:39 PM
no title....

no hope....

no reason to bother...

the first statement is fact, but the latter two are just opinions.

krakenslayer
04-Apr-2009, 10:58 PM
I have been away this site for a couple of weeks. No title yet? Any news or trailers?

Thx in advance.

(Not sure about this new blue background, btw)

The film is as-of-yet untitled. The four working titles are as follows:

1. Untitled George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead Sequel
2. Diary of the Dead 2
3. Island of the Dead
4. ...of the Dead (or ? of the Dead)

It doesn't appear that any of these are likely to be the final title. Numbers one and two are totally out for obvious reasons: they're just temporary monikers for business purposes. Number four was (I believe) the colloquial name by which Romero and crew referred to the movie on set, some people think this could be a feasible and arty-sounding title but there are serious issues, not least that it's nearly impossible to search for on IMDB or Google as search engines ignore the "..." and instead bring up pretty much every instance anyone has ever used the words "of the Dead" anywhere on the internet ever. Considering the huge role that the web plays in getting the word out about indie movie releases these days, they're likely to go with something a little more substantial. Number three is a colloquial name for the movie among fans, it's very generic and I think Romero has state that won't be the title.

What will it be? It seems like they're running out decent "...of the Dead" titles and it's quite possible they'll break the trend this time and come up with something new. After all, Romero originally intended to do this with Dead Reckoning (which became Land of the Dead).

Cinerary
11-Apr-2009, 10:31 PM
How about this as a new secret weapon in the new Romero movie?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2hf0zuv.gif

Cartma7546
12-Apr-2009, 09:22 AM
no title....

no hope....

no reason to bother...

the first statement is fact, but the latter two are just opinions.

no...no...they are facts:(