PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been following Garth Ennis' "Crossed" series?

Wooley
05-Apr-2009, 09:49 PM
Another 'zombie' type comic, that has some more in common with the movie The Signal and 28 Days Later than Romero's vision. The series is about a small band of survivors of some pandemic that turned a good chunk of the population into extremely sadistic, violent freaks with a cross shaped open sore on their faces, who delight in preforming all manner of messed up acts on their victims, the uninfected. So far, there's been rape, torture, dismemberment, cannibalism, and lots and lots of murder. If you watched Joss Whedon's show Firefly or the movie Serentity, picture being chased by Reavers and you'll have a good idea of what the Crossed are like.

I don't know where Ennis is going with it so far, since it seems like the group can only keep moving, hoping to avoid the Crossed, even as their numbers dwindle due to attrition. I do think the ending will be as dark and messed up as some of the other issues so far, and like Blackgas there are some scenes that would make wonderful scenes in a zombie movie too, but this is one comic I don't think we'll ever see on the big screen, at least not with a whole lot of edits.

Trencher
07-Apr-2009, 04:34 AM
Whats the deal with the cross on their face?

Wooley
09-Apr-2009, 12:35 AM
Part of the disease, I guess. Like the red eyes in the 28 series. The characters in the series aren't scientists and haven't had time to speculate.

Trencher
09-Apr-2009, 07:32 AM
Mmmkaay.. I dont want to buy any anti Christian stuff you see I got tired of that stuff with the preacher series.

JSPoole
18-Apr-2009, 02:48 PM
Kinda lost me at crossed with signal. I thought that was a terrible movie.

But Garth Ennis is rather brilliant, so I will keep an eye out.