PDA

View Full Version : Good Krod!

wayzim
10-Apr-2009, 12:57 PM
Tried to post this last night, but .. oh well.

After a long dry spell for Comedy in the Sword and Sorcery vein, Comedy Central provides. ( Weds 10PM EST )
Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire tells the tale of a reluctant hero and his merry band( one of them very merry. ) who fights against an evil chauncelor with a fetish for dating grieving widows and daughters ( nice ) and wearing goat fur codpieces ( not so very much )
Among his posse of would-be freedom fighters are a man/bear/pig ( Sorry, South Park humor ), actually a pig-man who needs archery lessons, a magician who sadly lacking actual magic, and a pagan warrior-princess who uses sex as a weapon ( often and sadly off camera. ) literally taking one ( or more, possibly up to three hundred. ) for the team.
In the premiere episode last night, Krod discovers his destiny with the aforementioned Flaming Sword, his confusion at having a nymphette girlfriend ( whose rite of passage among her people includes spreading for every man and boy in the county. ), the pain of being constantly shot by his pig-man servant, and having a wizard going through a dry spell.
Is Krod funny? I did laugh, though alot of the rauncher gags ( including one about a man whose name sounds like his desire to date horses )seemed forced ( pun intended )
Still, it's not that bad, the jokes flying fast enough that you'd get at least a chuckle or two, and India De Beaufort, who plays the Pagan girl is quite nice to look at, so give this series a look see.

Wayne Z

bassman
10-Apr-2009, 01:49 PM
I haven't seen it, but the ads they were running for this series made it look...well...stupid.

AcesandEights
10-Apr-2009, 02:01 PM
I saw about 2 minutes of it last night while changing channels. Yes, there was a pretty attractive woman on the screen and that played a decisive part in my not immediately switching past the channel. However, it looked like the writers need to start hitting their stride soon and the actors had best find a good way to work with the material.

I'm not not saying that this show can't find a place and grow a bit as the writers and actors shrug off the funk that accompanies most show's early episodes, but...meh. Consider this is my review of a random two minutes of the first episode.

the ads they were running for this series made it look...well...stupid.
Very true.

ProfessorChaos
10-Apr-2009, 04:59 PM
like aces, i caught about five minutes of this last night while trying to run down a rerun of this week's southpark. and like aces, the pretty girl caught my eye, so i watched the scene in which she describes her "weapon", the krod dude made a total sexual pun about sticking his blade deep inside someone, and his gay sidekick got all hot and bothered, and i switched the channel. i also thought the previews for this looked pretty shitty and disposable.

but then again, all i watch is the news, weather, baseball, and south park, for what that's worth to ya.