PDA

View Full Version : Clip of a dude getting mugged in Paris...

Neil
10-Apr-2009, 04:10 PM
...horrible :(

http://www.break.com/index/dude-mugged-on-paris-bus1.html

I found the reaction of the bus driver at the end quite disturbing... Couldn't even just put his arm on the guys shoulder or something to let him have some support/reasurrance!

Yojimbo
10-Apr-2009, 04:53 PM
I saw really only one person, a woman, react and come to the victim's aid. Everyone else just sat there and watched the guy get beaten.

Yeah, I agree that the lack of compassion the bus driver showed is disturging, as was the inaction of the bystanders. In a perfect world, everyone on the bus should have been outraged and should have jumped in and helped this guy out. As a group, they could have throttled these punks.

You know, for that poor bystander that gets clocked twice by that punk, I can understand getting sucker punched once, but he did not even defend himself against the second attack.

If I am going to get my ass kicked anyways, I am going to get in as many punches on my attackers as I can, rather than curling up into a little helpless ball on the floor. If I'm going to bet beaten down anyways, I might as well do as much damage as I can to my attackers in the meantime.

krakenslayer
10-Apr-2009, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a Kitty Genovese-type scenario. She was a New York girl who was murdered in the courtyard of her apartment block - the killer stabbed her several times until one of the many, many witnesses began shouting for him to stop. He ran off, but when he realised no one had called the cops or was actually coming to the girl's aid, he came back and finished the job ten minutes later. The whole incident lasted about half an hour. :(

A total "someone else will deal with it" attitude.

Yojimbo
10-Apr-2009, 05:27 PM
People need to be willing to step up and not allow others to be screwed with.

We live in a world where everyone is so wrapped up in their own business and concerned so much about their own welfare that they are willing to stand by and watch criminals prey on other people with impunity.

This is the type of attitude that causes society to break down and become meaningless.

Neil
10-Apr-2009, 06:16 PM
People need to be willing to step up and not allow others to be screwed with.

We live in a world where everyone is so wrapped up in their own business and concerned so much about their own welfare that they are willing to stand by and watch criminals prey on other people with impunity.

This is the type of attitude that causes society to break down and become meaningless.

Difficult situation this one. If it had been one guy carrying out the attack I can imagine people being more willing to get involved.

But this was a pack, and trying to get involved means you being out numbered!

Yojimbo
10-Apr-2009, 06:20 PM
Difficult situation this one. If it had been one guy carrying out the attack I can imagine people being more willing to get involved.

But this was a pack, and trying to get involved means you being out numbered!

I realize that there were several attackers, and I know that the folks on the bus were reluctant to get involved because of this. Though, I think that if one person stood up to help (other than the lone woman who basically got up and then sat back down) others would have joined in after that.

What is sad is I have heard of other situations (such as the Genovese incident that Kraken referenced) where there was only one assailant and a similar lack of action on the part of bystanders.

blind2d
11-Apr-2009, 02:55 AM
People are flawed, thus society is flawed. This stuff happens everyday, it's just not always this bad. But in Paris? You'd think people would be bred better, or something. I mean... it's Paris! Anyway, yeah, this is why people in America like having guns, but this would still not be the proper situation to use one.

Neil
11-Apr-2009, 08:17 AM
People are flawed, thus society is flawed. This stuff happens everyday, it's just not always this bad. But in Paris? You'd think people would be bred better, or something. I mean... it's Paris! Anyway, yeah, this is why people in America like having guns, but this would still not be the proper situation to use one.

Paris has quite a big gang problem I believe...

As for the old guns can solve everything comment - given that scenario, (a) seems most of the time the public don't carry their arsenal around with them while shopping, (b) if the public have them, mores the chance dirt bag scum will have them, which is even more scary.

I realize that there were several attackers, and I know that the folks on the bus were reluctant to get involved because of this. Though, I think that if one person stood up to help (other than the lone woman who basically got up and then sat back down) others would have joined in after that.

What is sad is I have heard of other situations (such as the Genovese incident that Kraken referenced) where there was only one assailant and a similar lack of action on the part of bystanders.

Yes, it's interesting that at least one person didn't try and at least get one or two other people to help them, so they could try and help as a group.

From what I've seen from other accounts of such attacks, people are generally stunned, and then after the attack has been happening for a while go into a mode of thinking, 'well it's got to stop soon!'

SRP76
11-Apr-2009, 08:43 AM
It's simply a case of most people being total pussies. They won't step in because "ooh, I might get hurt." The twat quotient has been steadily rising for decades.

Neil
11-Apr-2009, 11:04 AM
It's simply a case of most people being total pussies. They won't step in because "ooh, I might get hurt." The twat quotient has been steadily rising for decades.

I'm afraid I can understand that - There were 4 assailants...

3pidemiC
11-Apr-2009, 01:46 PM
Is this video real? It seems staged to me. Especially because the victim looks only forward at the beginning and never looks back once. Not even when he clearly saw something thrown in front of him from behind. Those gang members spend a good 20 seconds quitely planning the attack behind him and he doesn't even notice? Come on. Also, that the victim just so happens to be standing directly in front of the camera, at the best angle.

Rottedfreak
11-Apr-2009, 04:00 PM
That could easy be any of us someday, assholes who sit and watch frozen in fear that it could be us taking a pounding.

slickwilly13
11-Apr-2009, 04:26 PM
I would have helped him.

blind2d
11-Apr-2009, 04:37 PM
Me too, and it looked a bit staged to me as well. Maybe it's just coincidence, but damn. That's a mighty coincidental coincidence!

Neil
11-Apr-2009, 08:52 PM
Me too, and it looked a bit staged to me as well. Maybe it's just coincidence, but damn. That's a mighty coincidental coincidence!

No, it's geniune - http://observers.france24.com/en/content/20090408-paris-night-bus-assault-caught-cctv

blind2d
11-Apr-2009, 09:14 PM
Why wouldn't they want the footage to be seen? People have the right to know!

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm afraid I can understand that - There were 4 assailants...

So? It's not like they can do damage. It's not four Conans here; it's four little pussies.

Look at the twat that hits the guy twice on the way out. Full-on punch to the face, and can't even get the dude to drop his fucking groceries. Are you afraid of that level of "attack"? Please.

Against ZERO resistance, they could do no damage. Where's the fear coming from? If anyone had actually hit one of them back, they'd probably piss themselves.

Neil
12-Apr-2009, 07:34 AM
So? It's not like they can do damage. It's not four Conans here; it's four little pussies.

Look at the twat that hits the guy twice on the way out. Full-on punch to the face, and can't even get the dude to drop his fucking groceries. Are you afraid of that level of "attack"? Please.

Against ZERO resistance, they could do no damage. Where's the fear coming from? If anyone had actually hit one of them back, they'd probably piss themselves.

:rolleyes: What can they do? One solid kick to the head - eyesight in an eye gone. Couple of good solid kicks the head - unconscious or worse still, dead.

The problem is not only are you outgunned in numbers, but by your ethics too. If one of them was on the ground, unconscious, would you continue kicking him as hard as you could in the head? No... That's the treatment you'd most likely get though...

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 08:38 AM
If one of them was on the ground, unconscious, would you continue kicking him as hard as you could in the head? No... That's the treatment you'd most likely get though...

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask that question. Not only would I kick the fucker, but I'd be screaming "how'd that feel, you piece of shit?! Was it worth it, you son a bitch?! You still want my wallet now?! Welcome to the end of your miserable fucking life!" every time I heard a rib, cheekbone, or spine snap.

I'm not usually a friendly guy when some shitbag punches me. Up to that point, I'm a real jovial fellow.

strayrider
12-Apr-2009, 08:41 AM
As for the old guns can solve everything comment - given that scenario.

So if the guy who was attacked showed the thugs a pistol he was legally licensed to carry and warned them to back off they would have still attacked him? They would have gotten off of the bus at the next stop and looked for easier pickings. :lol:

Guns in the hands of private citizens are a good thing.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/200812

:D

-stray-

ps -- always remember: a gun gives a little old lady the power to drop a strapping young man with just a twitch of her finger.

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 08:48 AM
So if the guy who was attacked showed the thugs a pistol he was legally licensed to carry and warned them to back off they would have still attacked him? They would have gotten off of the bus at the next stop and looked for easier pickings. :lol:

Guns in the hands of private citizens are a good thing.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/200812

-stray-

ps -- always remember: a gun gives a little old lady the power to drop a strapping young man with just a twitch of her finger.

Problem is, people are still cowards. If the guy had a gun and threatened with it, and the gang called his bluff, he'd be done. Most people will never actually fire on someone instead of getting mauled.

strayrider
12-Apr-2009, 08:58 AM
Problem is, people are still cowards. If the guy had a gun and threatened with it, and the gang called his bluff, he'd be done. Most people will never actually fire on someone instead of getting mauled.

I don't agree with you on this. Persons who take the time to actually go through the CCW training have thought it through.

They want to survive.

And the punks want to survive too. Looking down the sewer pipe of a .45ACP aimed directly between their eyes I really doubt most of them would care to force the issue. It is the criminal element who are the cowards.

-stray-