PDA

View Full Version : Are We in Hell?

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 04:06 AM
Let's find out if we're already dead, and paying the price for our sins.

It's a simple game: list something that is pleasurable, that doesn't kill you (or so we're supposed to believe).

I can't really come up with any. Sex? Get AIDS and die. Steak? Cholesterol will clog your arteries and kill you. Fish? Sodium will elevate your blood pressure and kill you. Video games? You'll rot your brain and die.

So, is there anything out there that actually brings safe pleasure?

AcesandEights
12-Apr-2009, 04:51 AM
Masturbation.

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 04:55 AM
Masturbation.

"You'll go blind".

AcesandEights
12-Apr-2009, 05:04 AM
"You'll go blind".

I do suffer from progressively worsening corrective eye prescriptions :(

Cartma7546
12-Apr-2009, 09:27 AM
sleeping

mista_mo
12-Apr-2009, 11:08 AM
Reading a book.

What? Reading can be pleasurable.

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 11:24 AM
Reading a book.

Ah! There we go; there is one thing, at least.

mista_mo
12-Apr-2009, 04:23 PM
Ah! There we go; there is one thing, at least.

ahh fuck, septic paper :(

Dtothe3
12-Apr-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the key part is moderation. If you do anything, whatever it is, for long enough, it'll kill you.

The difference is the timeline.

krakenslayer
12-Apr-2009, 08:43 PM
The problem is human nature - if doing something is enjoyable, we have a tendency to repeat the action to the point that it becomes an addiction. :(

blind2d
13-Apr-2009, 01:16 AM
So by being human... does that mean we make our own Hell? Wow, that's a lot of power! Hmm.... sometimes a thing is more pleasurable to a person if it does have that possibility of danger. We're all going to die eventually anyway, of course, but I know I'm not in Hell.... yet.

Chic Freak
13-Apr-2009, 02:56 PM
ahh fuck, septic paper :(

Papercuts. Eye strain.

I just had a very satisfying sneeze. Can't think of a downside to that?

mista_mo
13-Apr-2009, 07:45 PM
Papercuts. Eye strain.

I just had a very satisfying sneeze. Can't think of a downside to that?

chunks of your brain shooting out of your nose, sneezing can also be a sign of some disease...probably...

you could also be really stuffed up right, and then head to some formal engagement that will change the course of your life for the better, and when you go to shake the queens hand, you sneeze and 2 big strings of boogers fly out your nose and attach themselves to her cheeks. I don't think that'd be healthy for anyone.

EvilNed
13-Apr-2009, 10:27 PM
Actually, playing video games stimulates your brain awhole lot, and if you play fast-paced games you can actually improve your eye-sight!

SymphonicX
14-Apr-2009, 01:36 PM
making television...not watching it, making it.

clanglee
14-Apr-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, playing video games stimulates your brain awhole lot, and if you play fast-paced games you can actually improve your eye-sight!

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

making television...not watching it, making it.

Contributing to the delinquincy and de-evolution of the entire population.

Reading a book.

Eye strain and Deforestation

Masturbation.

Decreased penis sensitivity.. . . . . . . That's all I got for this one.

MaximusIncredulous
14-Apr-2009, 10:01 PM
I was going to say taking a good dump but mentions of paper cuts and deforestation ruined that.

krakenslayer
14-Apr-2009, 10:08 PM
You can play this game the other way around though...

Aging - Retirement
Death (others) - Life insurance payout
Death (your own) - Rest, finally
Sickness - Days off work
Delinquency/de-evolution of population - greater superiority for the smart ones (us)
Deforestation - more car parks
Blindness - don't have to look at goatse/2girls1cup etc.

Chic Freak
16-Apr-2009, 09:58 AM
Masturbation actually massively decreases your risk of getting certain cancers, and the more you do it, the lower your risk, so wank, wank for your health! ;)

Another death-free pleasure surely has to be getting massages?

EvilNed
16-Apr-2009, 12:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

So? It's still not hell if there's something positive to it!

Also, everyone knows sex is good for ya. If you're afraid of AIDS, just wear a condom and there you go.

clanglee
16-Apr-2009, 08:43 PM
So? It's still not hell if there's something positive to it!

Hey!!! Not my thread, I was just playing the game. Personally, I find nothing wrong at all with masturbation. . . :shifty:. . nothing at all.

But the idea of the thread was to find the bad in good things.

EvilNed
16-Apr-2009, 08:55 PM
Hmm, well then sex with a condom. What's so bad about that? :P

clanglee
16-Apr-2009, 09:09 PM
Hmm, well then sex with a condom. What's so bad about that? :P

Pulls your pubic hair when you pull it off.

EvilNed
16-Apr-2009, 09:28 PM
Pulls your pubic hair when you pull it off.

Well, uh... I enjoy that feeling?

clanglee
16-Apr-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, uh... I enjoy that feeling?

years of therapy or at the very least, a lot of future money spent on kink toys and dominatrixes.

Mike70
17-Apr-2009, 12:29 AM
turn on FM radio and hear what is passing for popular music these days, if we aren't actually in hell then god has one hell of a sense of humor.

SymphonicX
19-Apr-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributing to the delinquincy and de-evolution of the entire population.

I work on arts documentaries including operas, ballet, theatre productions, and real life documentaries such as study into Size Zero, Extreme Corsetting, Dieting kids, rescue dogs etc, not freakshow stuff.

Depends very much on the type of things you are watching, as with most people I say if that's the impression you've gotten from watching telly then I humbly suggest you try a different channel that perhaps caters for your intellectual needs.

clanglee
25-Apr-2009, 07:24 PM
I work on arts documentaries including operas, ballet, theatre productions, and real life documentaries such as study into Size Zero, Extreme Corsetting, Dieting kids, rescue dogs etc, not freakshow stuff.

Depends very much on the type of things you are watching, as with most people I say if that's the impression you've gotten from watching telly then I humbly suggest you try a different channel that perhaps caters for your intellectual needs.

Ok, You might have me beat here. . .

Hmmm. . .

operas, ballet, theatre productions,
makes you gay ;)

real life documentaries such as study into Size Zero, Extreme Corsetting, Dieting kids gives anorexics new ideas. (actually true here, my wife has an eating disorder, and she watches docs and visits websites to get new sneakier ways of slowly killing herself.)

rescue dogs fleas.