PDA

View Full Version : My Childhood has been raped via movies

Cartma7546
12-Apr-2009, 09:25 AM
I just came back from dragonball evolutions and I'm pointing to the spot on the doll where my favorite childhood cartoon used to be.:|

SRP76
12-Apr-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, you can't say you didn't know what you were getting into.

gallowisgod
12-Apr-2009, 12:09 PM
He didn't even have a tail in the movie, did he? Atleast I couldn't see one in the trailer.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Apr-2009, 04:47 PM
What did people expect. Any one standing 1000 yards away could see that disaster coming from a mile away.

AcesandEights
12-Apr-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm more disturbed by the fact that the generations who watched Dragonball Z are growing up. When did that start to happen? :eek:

I feel your pain, though. Goodness knows there has been a lot of stuff from my childhood experience that has been traded in for corporate dollars.

slickwilly13
12-Apr-2009, 08:22 PM
You actually watched it? *L* A bad Asian live action movie was made years ago. The only way to do the Dragonball series right is another animated movie or series with the original creator heavily involved.

triste realtà
12-Apr-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm more disturbed by the fact that the generations who watched Dragonball Z are growing up. When did that start to happen? :eek:

I feel your pain, though. Goodness knows there has been a lot of stuff from my childhood experience that has been traded in for corporate dollars.

Yes, the whole thing makes me want to :barf:. Cartoons and shows got super effeminate after the 80s started. I don't even know what Dragonball the fuck is. Course you could say Johnny Quest, that's life partner material, but I watched for the monsters! I have no problem ignoring the modern day poo brain collective. Things like Godzilla on dvd and Night Gallery box sets help.

MoonSylver
13-Apr-2009, 04:08 AM
Things like Godzilla on dvd

http://www.godzilla.stopklatka.pl/godz-pl/go84.jpg

YES!!! http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/tanuki-kage/Emoticons/headbang.gif

blind2d
13-Apr-2009, 09:38 AM
Godzilla! Yeah, it's sad when things from your childhood are re-interpreted by someone in a sub-satisfactory way, but that's life. The older you grow, the more things change. My advice to keep the fond memories would be to simply buy recordings of the show and watch them whenever you feel down. Works for me. (sometimes)

mista_mo
13-Apr-2009, 01:01 PM
Goku could kill Godzilla therefore DB series is better....except GT...but..but we won't speak of that.

I started watching the movie online, but got a huge does of nerd rage, and skipped ahead to when he blasts him with a Kamehameha (did i spell that right?) and was still disapointed...

I know it is hard to condense an entire series in one movie, but my God...it could have been done a hell of a lot better. I can't wait to see how they portray Vegeta...A balding middle aged man with a beer gut who spits beer at Goku.

blind2d
13-Apr-2009, 09:32 PM
You did spell it right! Hooray! I only watched Dragonball, so I don't really know about the other stuff. We can only hope the next Star Trek is better.

MoonSylver
13-Apr-2009, 10:14 PM
Goku could kill Godzilla therefore DB series is better....except GT...but..but we won't speak of that.

http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/meinung/stfu_and_gtfo.jpg

:D;):p:moon::lol:

EvilNed
13-Apr-2009, 10:50 PM
Haha. That pic is classic. Gotta love that Jean-Luc!