PDA

View Full Version : The Combine is pretty inept, how did they take over earth?

mista_mo
12-Apr-2009, 04:32 PM
So, I just recently beat half life 2, episode 1, and episode 2, and I came to the startling conclusion- these guys are retarded! I realize that canonically, Gordon Freeman is pretty much the hardest mofo in gaming, but I still ask myself this question....how did they win exactly?

Striders get taken down by anti tank weapons fairly easily, same with drop ships, and Combine soldiers aren't particularly intelligent. Maybe there was just a shitload of them involved? like 7 times the number of the entire human population?

Maybe they used weapons synths that we never got to see in the games? And yes, I realize that the trans human armies were only created after the 7 hours war, but it seems like they aren't particularly well trained, which would speak volumes about Combine leadership. Maybe the entire army was made up of just advisers, and they used their mind bullets to kill everything.

I can see the looks I am probably getting for looking this deep at a video game, but goddamn half life has an interesting story. Blame valve for makign a quality product!