PDA

View Full Version : anyone else still impressed with Flash Gordon the movie?

Enzomatrix
03-Mar-2006, 10:15 AM
Iv e always liked the film but i dont think i could fully appreciate all thats in it until now the music, the colors , the art of it all. alot of the aliens are pretty inventive too especially the guy with the metal face ( although he reminds me alot of destro) and his little agents look cool too. i still cant believe this move never got a sequel but it probably cost an arm and a leg to make this film back then and i doubt even now itd be the same level of quality and originality. its cool too how the music fits every scene perfectly especially that scene when they first leave earth and are floating in space. i could listen to that for hours.

Neil
03-Mar-2006, 11:06 AM
It's a great classic!

a1150
03-Mar-2006, 11:11 AM
It's great! Ming has to be one of the best cinema villians ever, and Brian Blessed is just superb!:D

erisi236
03-Mar-2006, 02:38 PM
well the music was pretty funny :D

deadpunk
04-Mar-2006, 02:48 AM
Classic!

HLS
04-Mar-2006, 03:38 AM
i love the music in the movie. Queen rules! I love highlander!!!!!!!!!!! any highlander fans here?

heidi

Adrenochrome
04-Mar-2006, 03:42 AM
"Impetuous boy!!!! OH well, who wants to live forever? DIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!"

That flick has some of the best lines in movie history!

idsaluteyoubub
04-Mar-2006, 03:56 AM
Didnt Elton John buy the complete wardrobe set after the movie was made for personal attire? It seems so.

AcesandEights
04-Mar-2006, 05:36 PM
You know, this is a film that I could never get into. As a kid I had a distinct dislike for anything that was too bizarre or psychedelic and Flash Gordon definitely seemed to fit that bill. It also seemed cheap and tawdry, like a dolled up backdoor professional in Amsterdam. I know it probably cost a good amount to make at the time, but that's how it came across to me as a kid.

The music, however, was infectious...or maybe it was infectious waste. I guess it depends on my mood.

Mikey
06-Mar-2006, 02:38 AM
Freddie and company did a great job with that film.