PDA

View Full Version : 'Zombies' rise on Easter

Thorn
15-Apr-2009, 03:41 PM
SOMERVILLE, Mass., April 13 (UPI) -- Hundreds of people dressed like zombies filled the streets of Somerville, Mass., Easter Sunday for the Zombie Outbreak 2009 parade, organizers said.

The parade, which organizers on Facebook described as aimed at "zombies, zombie hunters and post-apocalyptic adventurers of all ages," involved the undead hordes walking the streets of the city from Davis Square to Harvard Square, The Boston Herald reported Monday.

The Facebook page said that although the event fell on Easter Sunday, "this walk has nothing to do with any kind of anti-Christian sentiments and is not intended to be offensive."

Source: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/04/13/Zombies-rise-on-Easter/UPI-42881239657386/

bassman
15-Apr-2009, 04:20 PM
"this walk has nothing to do with any kind of anti-Christian sentiments and is not intended to be offensive."

Oh come on! Like they didn't think about the similarities while walking down the street on Easter Sunday...the day Jesus returned.:rolleyes:

Yojimbo
15-Apr-2009, 08:45 PM
Often wondered whether born-again Christians would view the undead phenomenon as the mass ressurection of the faithful as predicted in Revelations.

I agree that it is ridiculous to stage any sort of zombie parade on Easter Sunday and not expect it to be interpreted as a diss against Christians.

Thorn
16-Apr-2009, 02:33 PM
I have to assume the day was selected just because of the whole Jesus back from the dead thing, and it insults my intelligence when they claim otherwise. As if they totally forget one of the largest christian holidays all the sudden. What an AMAZING coincidence.

AcesandEights
16-Apr-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh come on! Like they didn't think about the similarities while walking down the street on Easter Sunday...the day Jesus returned.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. I'm not exactly down with Jesus nowadays and I'm not a deist, but it seems so unnecessarily disrespectful of other's beliefs.

EvilNed
16-Apr-2009, 03:16 PM

I agree it's ridiculous to claim that Easter has nothing to do with it. But for me, as an avid, logical atheist, I see this as a hilarious protest against silly superstitions. Bravo, I say to them, very clever!

Trin
16-Apr-2009, 03:51 PM
I expect they chose the day wisely. But I'm not sure I buy it was a diss of Christianity. I mean, in one sense, the living dead are a more logical extension of Christianity than of Atheism.

EvilNed
16-Apr-2009, 03:55 PM
I expect they chose the day wisely. But I'm not sure I buy it was a diss of Christianity. I mean, in one sense, the living dead are a more logical extension of Christianity than of Atheism.

Yeah. The guy didn't say that the dates were any coincidence (I'm sure it wasn't!). Just that they didn't mean any disrespect with it.

For me, zombie jesus is the only cool thing in the bible, so heck, I endorse it.