PDA

View Full Version : Romero's next project after "..of the Dead"

bassman
15-Apr-2009, 03:59 PM
Romero already has plans to continue with the living dead. This time it won't be a movie, but a series of novels (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31270/romero-bringing-us-more-dead-print).

I'm not too sure about the source yet, so I'm taking this one with a grain of salt for right now...

darth los
15-Apr-2009, 05:03 PM
Romero already has plans to continue with the living dead. This time it won't be a movie, but a series of novels (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31270/romero-bringing-us-more-dead-print).

I'm not too sure about the source yet, so I'm taking this one with a grain of salt for right now...

That might not be such a bad thing. For one, he'll have a ton more creative freedom than if he was working with a studio. Who knows, perhaps one day they'll get film Adaptations.

:cool:

AcesandEights
15-Apr-2009, 05:41 PM
Who knows, perhaps one day they'll get film Adaptations.

Zack Snyder? :p

Yojimbo
15-Apr-2009, 08:41 PM
Zack Snyder? :p
You watch your tounge, boy, if you like this job!

clanglee
15-Apr-2009, 08:58 PM
you watch your tounge, boy, if you like this job!

like this job!?!??!?!

Trin
17-Apr-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't know. You take a GAR novel which is dripping with social commentary and let Snyder make as shallow an action film as he can out of it and maybe you'd end up with something good.

Or it may end up released with 3D glasses so Snyder can literally beat the audience over the head with GAR's none-so-subtle social commentary.

AcesandEights
17-Apr-2009, 06:54 PM
Or it may end up released with 3D glasses so Snyder can literally beat the audience over the head with GAR's none-so-subtle social commentary.

In slow motion.

clanglee
17-Apr-2009, 08:16 PM
In slow motion.

Then fast motion

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2009, 08:22 PM
Then fast motion
Then slow motion again.

I'd like to see GAR do that "road runner style zombie comedy" movie he talked about a while ago - or do it like a series of internet shorts or something.

I'd also like to see him get to do something non-zombie, you know ... but we've talked about that before.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Apr-2009, 10:29 PM
like this job!?!??!?!

:D

One of my favorite and very quotable lines.

krakenslayer
17-Apr-2009, 10:46 PM
A series of novels by George A. Romero? I'd buy that for a dollar!

I seem to remember that waaaaaaaay back in about 1998, when Romero owned and operated his own website (which, just to remind you all, was Creepshow-themed with comic book-style menus/graphics and webmastered, I believe, by R7) he uploaded a short story which I really liked at the time. I can't remember many of the details, and the story disappeared when the site did. However, I recall it was very interesting and shed a lot of light on certain aspects of the "mechanics" of Romero's zombie universe - for example why zombie bites are infectious, as well as an insight into the "psychology" of a zombie, including some rationale behind what would later evolve into the smart zombies of Land.

I would buy any novel of his in a flash.

MoonSylver
18-Apr-2009, 01:27 AM
A series of novels by George A. Romero? I'd buy that for a dollar!

http://blog.laptopmag.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/buyfordollar.jpg

I seem to remember that waaaaaaaay back in about 1998, when Romero owned and operated his own website (which, just to remind you all, was Creepshow-themed with comic book-style menus/graphics and webmastered, I believe, by R7) he uploaded a short story which I really liked at the time. I can't remember many of the details, and the story disappeared when the site did. However, I recall it was very interesting and shed a lot of light on certain aspects of the "mechanics" of Romero's zombie universe - for example why zombie bites are infectious, as well as an insight into the "psychology" of a zombie, including some rationale behind what would later evolve into the smart zombies of Land.

"The Death of Death" IIRC (which, ended up being the name of Jason's movie in Diary)

I would buy any novel of his in a flash.

Word.