View Full Version : 9 Zombie Movies for a fiver!

Andy
16-Apr-2009, 05:04 PM
Got it off a mate of mine, "i know your into this kind of stuff andy"..

So what you think? have i been had here.. i paid a fiver (£5.00GBP or $7.45USD) for:

The night evelyn came out of the grave
The house by the cemetry
Fangs of the living dead
I eat your skin
the last man on earth
king of the zombies
Night of the living dead
The thirsty dead
Messiah of evil

Not seperatly, its some dodgy boxset ive never seen before! :lol:

Yojimbo
16-Apr-2009, 05:21 PM
I have that set, and the films are kind of mediocre -though it is a decent collection of horror films for a nice price.

There is also a "special feature" delving into the history behind NOLD (the copy on the dvd of NOLD of course is one of those bad prints) and while it is kind of fun, folks here won't learn anything from it that they did not already know.

Personally, I got this collection when I was seeking out "Last Man On Earth" (having previously had only a bad quality bootleg vhs copy in my collection) and as a fan of that movie and Vincent Price I treated the other films as a bonus.

Debbieangel
17-Apr-2009, 03:13 AM
Got it off a mate of mine, "i know your into this kind of stuff andy"..

So what you think? have i been had here.. i paid a fiver (£5.00GBP or $7.45USD) for:

The night evelyn came out of the grave
The house by the cemetry
Fangs of the living dead
I eat your skin
the last man on earth
king of the zombies
Night of the living dead
The thirsty dead
Messiah of evil

Not seperatly, its some dodgy boxset ive never seen before! :lol:

Not a bad deal at all Andy! I haven't seen some of those movies so, it would be worth it for atleast to be able to watch them, if you went to rent them think how much it would cost?
Let me know how good the zombie movies are? I might want to go online and buy them on Amazon.

clanglee
17-Apr-2009, 03:54 AM
Yup, I have that one too. Night and Last Man are both great. House by the Cem of course as well. Messiah of Evil is pretty good in an atmoshpheric way. . if it makes no sense at all. All in all, tho the quality aint great, a good deal for the money.

triste realtą
17-Apr-2009, 04:16 AM
This was my initiation into the realm of PD, but I went and bought 5 other St.Clair packs with this one. They are overpriced.
The bad: single side DL, each movie 2.4 GB, lots of artifacting, horrible picture quality.
The good: some 1:2.35 (Evelyn and House), House is PAL speed though, Night has no frame freezing and no slomo Helen sitting back down in the basement, Fangs hasn't been given an official release, and Thirsty Dead looks like it was stolen from a Something Weird release, which is as good as it's probably gonna get, but there's artifacting so the SW release is probably better. Messiah is awesome but is gonna be released officially soon and is a little vertically squished here. 5.1 sound:lol:

krakenslayer
17-Apr-2009, 05:39 PM
House by the Cemetery is worth it alone. Not a personal fave of mine, but it's considered a cult classic by Fulci fans, and it's not that long ago Vipco were selling a censored, poor-quality print of the movie on DVD for 20 quid a pop.

Night of the Living Dead is of course available for as little as one or two pounds, but a few of the others sound quite interesting too.

AcesandEights
17-Apr-2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me and--not being a horror expert by any means--some of those films I've never heard of before. I'd pick that up for such a price.

I just discovered that Hulu has Last Man on Earth up for viewing, gonna have to give that a go again soon.

MikePizzoff
17-Apr-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm always weary of boxsets like that. I've got a boxset with 10 horror films on it, including Last Man On Earth and NOLD and some of the movies (including NOLD) have never played... they just lead back to the main menu. :mad:

triste realtą
17-Apr-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm always leary of boxsets like that. I've got a boxset with 10 horror films on it, including Last Man On Earth and NOLD and some of the movies (including NOLD) have never played... they just lead back to the main menu.

Your player may be able to play these without using the menu. Movies are in their own Titlesets, and if you press a number on your remote, then press enter, the player may go to the titleset with that number. You could definitely play it on a computer if you drag and drop the titleset ifo or first vob into a player.