PDA

View Full Version : Incredible skateboard bail...

capncnut
17-Apr-2009, 04:44 AM
...and the dude walks away from it. :stunned:

SrnJ3JyaekI&feature=related

It might not be the worst but the slow-mo replay at the end of the video just makes me cringe. The man is damn lucky not to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

DeadJonas190
17-Apr-2009, 07:26 AM
Wow. That is insane that he just walked away. Do you know if he had any injuries after that?

bassman
17-Apr-2009, 11:39 AM
:eek:

My back hurts.

capncnut
17-Apr-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow. That is insane that he just walked away. Do you know if he had any injuries after that?
Fractured vertebrae, fractured wrist and a couple of fractured ribs. Nothing cleanly broken.

3pidemiC
17-Apr-2009, 01:19 PM
Isn't this from last year? This was all over the news then.

MikePizzoff
17-Apr-2009, 04:02 PM
Wowww. I've seen some pretty bad bails, but this one is up there. I can't believe his feet weren't shattered!

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2009, 06:16 PM
Bloody nora - I bet he was in agony when he walked away - but indeed he's a lucky bugger to be walking.

Although there's been apparently fifty-odd people who have survived 100ft falls, which is amazing in itself - but yeah, this video ... ... geez. :eek:

Nowhere in the same league, but a couple of years ago when I took a spill and crashed flat on my back so hard it knocked the wind right out of me, I was in a fair bit of pain - but I got up right after and hobbled about with my camera (I was doing a day's filming for a documentary) - but yeah, that hurt a lot, so if I times my pain by ten and then some, I'd possibly have an idea of how much pain that dude must have been in as he was walking off - as we saw, he was being supported as he walked very gingerly - I'm familiar (to a far, far, far lesser degree comparatively, mind you) with that kind of pain ... it's not at all nice. :eek:

It's just making my back hurt thinking about it and seeing that video as well...geez...astonishing stuff, that video. :eek: