PDA

View Full Version : John Harrison not doing the score

thxleo
20-Apr-2009, 11:39 PM
I hope I'm not posting old news, but I found out last night that John Harrison is no longer doing the score for "...of the Dead". After the Chiller convention was over, John Amplas and I spent some time in George Romero's suite talking with George. I mentioned John Harrison doing the score and George said that Harrison has been offered Stephen King's "Cell" and can no longer do the score, which George seemed very disappointed by.
I personally loved the "Day of the Dead" and "Creepshow" scores, so it sucked hearing that news. But on the other hand, it could be a great opportunity for John Harrison.

capncnut
20-Apr-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Lee. I'm a bit bummed by this because I happen to like John's musicianship. But as you say, Cell might be a top opportunity and I wish the dude all the best. :)

AcesandEights
21-Apr-2009, 12:05 AM
Shit...that's horrible news! :(

I had high hopes for the soundtrack. I will not ask what, if any, speculation was floated about who a replacement might be, but hopefully we can get something of the same calibre...not necessarily the sames style, but just good, quality work.

--PS...

John Amplas and I spent some time in George Romero's suite talking with George.
^That's badass!

thxleo
21-Apr-2009, 12:17 AM
Shit...that's horrible news! :(

I had high hopes for the soundtrack. I will not ask what, if any, speculation was floated about who a replacement might be, but hopefully we can get something of the same calibre...not necessarily the sames style, but just good, quality work.

--PS...

^That's badass!

You know, I didn't even ask. I was so surprised to hear it that I didn't even think to ask who they might approach to replace John. George really seemed let down by it.
George was very funny though the whole time, he was like a stand up comedian. LOL He told us lots of fascinating stories, like Terry Alexander getting busted on Sanibel Island during the "Day of the Dead" shoot because he was black?

Thanks for letting us know, Lee. I'm a bit bummed bummed by this because I happen to like John's musicianship. But as you say, Cell might be a top opportunity and I wish the dude all the best. :)

I feel the same, I hope it works out great for John Harrison. But like you, I'm still bummed.

axlish
21-Apr-2009, 02:33 AM
Hey George...

http://www.donaldrubinstein.com/

CooperWasRight
21-Apr-2009, 03:08 AM
I hope I'm not posting old news, but I found out last night that John Harrison is no longer doing the score for "...of the Dead". After the Chiller convention was over, John Amplas and I spent some time in George Romero's suite talking with George. I mentioned John Harrison doing the score and George said that Harrison has been offered Stephen King's "Cell" and can no longer do the score, which George seemed very disappointed by.
I personally loved the "Day of the Dead" and "Creepshow" scores, so it sucked hearing that news. But on the other hand, it could be a great opportunity for John Harrison.

What was Harrison offered on the cell? Eli roth has been attached to this project for years and as far as I can tell the project has been on the back burner for some time with no movement?

axlish
21-Apr-2009, 12:12 PM
I think Cell and Eli are heating up because he is making all sorts of stupid comments about making a full length version of Thanksgiving with leftover money from his "huge project" that he is working on. I assumed the huge project was Cell.

thxleo
21-Apr-2009, 12:24 PM
What was Harrison offered on the cell? Eli roth has been attached to this project for years and as far as I can tell the project has been on the back burner for some time with no movement?

To direct. Various people are attached to projects over the years, but things can change(George seemed worried about that for John). Romero was attached to "Pet Sematary" for years for example, but Mary Lambert ended up directing it.
I'm simply passing along what I was told.

Neil
21-Apr-2009, 05:20 PM
i hope i'm not posting old news, but i found out last night that john harrison is no longer doing the score for "...of the dead". After the chiller convention was over, john amplas and i spent some time in george romero's suite talking with george. I mentioned john harrison doing the score and george said that harrison has been offered stephen king's "cell" and can no longer do the score, which george seemed very disappointed by.
I personally loved the "day of the dead" and "creepshow" scores, so it sucked hearing that news. But on the other hand, it could be a great opportunity for john harrison.

:( :(

krakenslayer
21-Apr-2009, 05:34 PM
sucks ass!

capncnut
21-Apr-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey George...

http://www.donaldrubinstein.com/
That takes the award for the most ugliest website ever made. It looks like someone threw up on my monitor.

archivesofthede
21-Apr-2009, 09:02 PM
That's too bad. I was very much looking forward to it. :(

CooperWasRight
21-Apr-2009, 10:12 PM
To direct. Various people are attached to projects over the years, but things can change(George seemed worried about that for John). Romero was attached to "Pet Sematary" for years for example, but Mary Lambert ended up directing it.
I'm simply passing along what I was told.

Wow well I would much prefer Harrison directs cell.. Im not much of a fan of Roths after his sophomore effort Hostel... Frankly even Cabin Fever only should glimmers of talent. And yeah I know projects can change hands many times before they come to fruition.

Minerva_Zombi
22-Apr-2009, 07:03 AM
I hear the guys from Goblin are back together.... :D

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2009, 01:59 PM
I hear the guys from Goblin are back together.... :D

What? Did they manage to all get rooms in the same nursing home? :p

krakenslayer
22-Apr-2009, 05:05 PM
What? Did they manage to all get rooms in the same nursing home? :p

Actually Claudio Simonetti still looks REALLY young for his age. He's also in a synth metal band called Daemonia that does heavier covers of Dario Argento/Goblin film scores: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hUrKtZ4SuA (this video is a bit camp though)

They also did the awesome soundtrack to the otherwise mediocre Mother of Tears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPTs43ORjY