PDA

View Full Version : In 1968, the DEAD walked...

DubiousComforts
24-Apr-2009, 09:01 PM
Now, the DEAD will talk.

After more than 40 years since filming, the "dead" return in an all-new documentary featuring original cast and crew members who are interviewed--many for the very first time--about their experiences in making the classic horror film, Night of the Living Dead.

GOSiEeJBNd0
Hear -- never before told stories!

View -- never before seen photos!

Visit -- original filming locations & many other surprises in...

AUTOPSY Of The DEAD

Coming soon to DVD

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com)

Yojimbo
25-Apr-2009, 12:25 AM
Whoo hooo! I'm gonna have to get a copy of this one!!!!!

capncnut
25-Apr-2009, 04:28 AM
About time, Jim. I have been looking forward to your doc more than any other on the subject.

Listen - to the unheard stories

Hail - the unsung heroes

Jizz - over the interviews on offer

Can't. F**king. Wait. Brother. :cool:

strayrider
25-Apr-2009, 07:03 AM
This will be a definite addition to my collection.

And where the heck did you get that music box? Kyra told us in chat (a looong time ago) that hers (which appeared in the film) was stolen from the set.

:D

-stray-

C5NOTLD
25-Apr-2009, 07:45 AM
This will be a definite addition to my collection.

And where the heck did you get that music box? Kyra told us in chat (a looong time ago) that hers (which appeared in the film) was stolen from the set.

-stray-

Kyra has the music box that made the music (not the one that appeared in the film). Her music box, which she still has, looks nothing like the one from the film as it was just used for the audio. The music box from the film went missing after filming ended in the farm house.

:cool:

strayrider
25-Apr-2009, 08:29 AM
Kyra has the music box that made the music (not the one that appeared in the film). Her music box, which she still has, looks nothing like the one from the film as it was just used for the audio. The music box from the film went missing after filming ended in the farm house.

:cool:

Thank you for the correction! I knew it was something like that.

-stray-

capncnut
25-Apr-2009, 08:51 AM
Cheers for clarifying that, C5NOTLD.

Golly, wolly, woo am I looking forwards to this doc... ;)

DubiousComforts
25-Apr-2009, 07:21 PM
As mentioned, Kyra owns the music box that provided the melody in the film. It is featured in the documentary, along with the blood-stained bandage that she wore around her arm while in the basement. You will not be disappointed! :D

Besides Kyra's items, props from NOLD can be very difficult to authenticate. The vacant farmhouse in Evans City was said to have been left standing for a year or more after filming, but nobody thought to preserve or keep track of anything at the time. Why would they have? In the early 70s, any market for collecting horror movie props was very limited at best.

Many thanks for everyone's comments and support. The teaser trailer is only the beginning. Stay tuned for exclusive video interviews with NOLD cast & crew members on HPOTD and other web sites.

AcesandEights
25-Apr-2009, 07:38 PM
Looks like a must-have. Thank you for the information, Dubious!

Debbieangel
25-Apr-2009, 11:36 PM
Dubious....FINALLY!!!! I CANNOT wait to see this gem!!!<clapping hands> I am soo excited!!!
The trailer is AWESOME!

Yojimbo
26-Apr-2009, 04:50 PM
As mentioned, Kyra owns the music box that provided the melody in the film. It is featured in the documentary, along with the blood-stained bandage that she wore around her arm while in the basement. You will not be disappointed! :D

Besides Kyra's items, props from NOLD can be very difficult to authenticate. The vacant farmhouse in Evans City was said to have been left standing for a year or more after filming, but nobody thought to preserve or keep track of anything at the time. Why would they have? In the early 70s, any market for collecting horror movie props was very limited at best.

Many thanks for everyone's comments and support. The teaser trailer is only the beginning. Stay tuned for exclusive video interviews with NOLD cast & crew members on HPOTD and other web sites.

I know that Kyra's music box provided the "music", and the original mirrorred and revolving box featured in the film was lost or stolen, so where did you find the music box in the trailer. It looks just like the one from the film!

Damnit, if someone could make a duplicate of that box, have it play the music from Kyra's music box, I reckon that they could make a whole lot of money selling that online nowdays!

Congrats again, Dubious. I want to be the first in line to buy this DVD and I want you to autograph it!!!

C5NOTLD
26-Apr-2009, 06:29 PM
I know that Kyra's music box provided the "music", and the original mirrorred and revolving box featured in the film was lost or stolen, so where did you find the music box in the trailer. It looks just like the one from the film!
!!!

That's a story for the sequel. ;)

DubiousComforts
26-Apr-2009, 11:40 PM
I know nothing about that music box. Less than NOTHING! :D

I want to be the first in line to buy this DVD and I want you to autograph it!!!
Oh sure, devalue the piece before it ever has a chance to be worth anything.

axlish
27-Apr-2009, 01:18 AM
Yay, we can talk about it now!

I've got to pick me up one of those Zenith radios.

DubiousComforts
27-Apr-2009, 05:16 AM
I've got to pick me up one of those Zenith radios.
Here's a fully-working example in beautiful restored condition, cheap: 1939 Zenith Floor Console Radio (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160329864603)

You just gotta drive on out to Pittsburgh and pick it up. :D

Btw, Johnny's Pontiac LeMans (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-PONTIAC-LEMANS-326-WITH-UNIQUE-DOCUMENTATION_W0QQitemZ330325136137QQcmdZViewItemQ QptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item330325136137&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318) just sold for a cool $5,500. Exact same year and color as the one used in NOLD.

Just don't go Sunday driving in the Pennsylvanian countryside during daylight savings time.

axlish
27-Apr-2009, 11:48 AM
It looks like I'll have to scour the local market to find one, $500 is too steep! It'd be neat to rig it up with a button that would access Mr. Craig's newscaster dialogue.

Danny Terror
28-Apr-2009, 04:57 PM
Jim -

I'm dyin' over here. When am I watching this Doc ??? Come on Dude !!!!!!!!

C5NOTLD
28-Apr-2009, 07:03 PM
Official release date will be announced a little later:)

As two more trailers are coming - each one will show a bit more of Autopsy Of The Dead....

Look for some major updates coming on the Autopsy Site (www.livingdeaddocumentary.com) and from Dubious in the near future...

Danny Terror
28-Apr-2009, 07:21 PM
Uh -huh.

Now I think I know who you must be. Well, January (Thank's Jim) has long come and gone so I just hope it's not TOO much longer.

(Like, before Gary's show would be nice, guys.)

Danny T.

C5NOTLD
28-Apr-2009, 07:29 PM
June soon enough :D

Danny Terror
28-Apr-2009, 07:39 PM
:p Alright so I've set the release date as June 1ST and also spread the word that any delays result in getting AUTOPSY ... at NO COST !!

You guys are awesome.

DubiousComforts
01-May-2009, 06:53 PM
Teaser 2 now online!

lvkbt-UOSzA

:p Alright so I've set the release date as June 1ST and also spread the word that any delays result in getting AUTOPSY ... at NO COST !!
Quit horsing around or no AUTOPSY for you! :D

Yojimbo
01-May-2009, 06:58 PM
Teaser 2 now online!

lvkbt-UOSzA

Quit horsing around or no AUTOPSY for you! :D
Dudes, my hat goes off to you all and I continue to become increasingly impressed. Cannot...wait...for June! Arrgh! Too...far...away!

capncnut
02-May-2009, 01:04 AM
Again, Jim and C, nice work. Are you trying to tickle our balls? My bollocks are well and truly 'wiggly'. :D

DubiousComforts
08-May-2009, 09:04 PM
Are you trying to tickle our balls? My bollocks are well and truly 'wiggly'. :D
Whoa, too much information there, sport!

Being this forum is primarily made up of DUDES, keep your bollocks to yourself. :D