PDA

View Full Version : GM to Nix Pontiac

DjfunkmasterG
24-Apr-2009, 10:27 PM
Top Story on CNN.com...

Part of their restructuring plan, wonder what will happen with those who own them and their Warranty, factory Warranty that is I mean.

slickwilly13
26-Apr-2009, 02:38 PM
I wonder if this will make my red 2002 Trans Am more valuable......

ProfessorChaos
26-Apr-2009, 04:08 PM
high-five to a fellow trans-am driver. was looking forward to the new TA's coming out, but looks like that ain't gonna happen.

i'm really sick of these auto companies and their requests for billions of taxpayer dollars....let 'em die off, i say.:|

3pidemiC
26-Apr-2009, 04:30 PM
Anything that prevents them from completely going under is fine with me...

ProfessorChaos
26-Apr-2009, 04:47 PM
so how many more billion dollars do you think they need?:|

survival of the fittest, my man. the U.S. auto industry is a giant bloated dying behemoth which has had its time in the sun and has failed to adapt to changes in the automotive market and should reap what they sow.

slickwilly13
26-Apr-2009, 08:10 PM
high-five to a fellow trans-am driver. was looking forward to the new TA's coming out, but looks like that ain't gonna happen.

i'm really sick of these auto companies and their requests for billions of taxpayer dollars....let 'em die off, i say.:|

Unfortunately, its not the standard model w/ the vented hood. But I never drove stick, so its good.

3pidemiC
27-Apr-2009, 03:56 AM
Well, I'm from metro Detroit. I've seen what the failing auto industry has done to that state first hand. If these companies go under, it's going to get much worse than it is now as hard as that is to believe. Almost everyone in that state works for or is related to someone that works for the big three.

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2009, 12:39 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/48/auto_bailout.jpg

big 3 is just a merger or so away from a u.s. auto monopoly. what's wrong a little competition?

Mike70
28-Apr-2009, 01:49 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/48/auto_bailout.jpg

big 3 is just a merger or so away from a u.s. auto monopoly. what's wrong a little competition?

actually bro, i don't think ford is taking any money from the feds at all and if they got some in the beginning, they've recently said that they won't be taking anymore. ford does big business overseas, something that GM and chrysler haven't really honed in on.

i'm not a big ford fan- i pretty much only drive japanese cars.

Wooley
01-May-2009, 05:07 AM
So, does this mean my Grand Am is a classic car now?

I'd read that the bankruptcy was due to the smaller lenders not taking the deal that the unions, the feds, and the big lenders had all agreed to. This means that the little lenders are going to take what the bankruptcy court gives them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than what this agreement was worth to them. Suck it hard, bitches!

I too have heard Ford hasn't taken any fed handouts. Next car might be a Ford if true. My first two vehicles were Fords, they weren't bad cars at all.