PDA

View Full Version : Would there be any interest?

gary
27-Apr-2009, 04:29 PM
How's this for a thought. Would any of you be interested in seeing a gallery display of a vintage collection of press material? All sorts of press matter could be at our festival this year? I'm talking the real deal. It’s time for me to start getting serious about booking this year’s events. One of the connections I made early on through the festival last year was with this man that has the most amazing collection of icons from my past. I spent over four hours spellbound by these treasures. So let me know if you think it would be fun, because if I do it I want to do it right in a proper gallery environment.
gary

Night of the Living Dead only
thelivingdeadfest.com

Yojimbo
27-Apr-2009, 05:23 PM
Gary, dude, that sounds awesome! I would totally want to check that out, and would likely make plans to fly out to whatever convention that you have this on exhibit.

Thanks!:)

gary
27-Apr-2009, 05:33 PM
Gary, dude, that sounds awesome! I would totally want to check that out, and would likely make plans to fly out to whatever convention that you have this on exhibit.

Thanks!:)

I would happen right here in The Evans City area on Oct 30th and 31st.

DubiousComforts
27-Apr-2009, 05:57 PM
Would any of you be interested in seeing a gallery display of a vintage collection of press material?
HELL YEAH, I'd be interested! You'll just need to schedule a good five hours when I won't need to be doing anything else, so that I can enjoy this collection. :D

Yojimbo, if you can make it out to Gary's festival in October, we'll hit all the filming locations including the mall.

Yojimbo
27-Apr-2009, 07:09 PM
HELL YEAH, I'd be interested! You'll just need to schedule a good five hours when I won't need to be doing anything else, so that I can enjoy this collection. :D

Yojimbo, if you can make it out to Gary's festival in October, we'll hit all the filming locations including the mall.
Consider it done!

archivesofthede
27-Apr-2009, 08:31 PM
I think that it is a wonderful idea! :hyper:

Danny Terror
29-Apr-2009, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=DubiousComforts;185970]HELL YEAH, I'd be interested! You'll just need to schedule a good five hours when I won't need to be doing anything else, so that I can enjoy this collection. :D

Yeah man I just have to take a look at that stuff, wonder who it could be with all of that ???? :lol: So I'll be taking you up on that offer of hitting up the filming locations. Ah yes, just love inviting myself to these type of things.

Thank's DC. :D

DubiousComforts
29-Apr-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah man I just have to take a look at that stuff, wonder who it could be with all of that ???? :lol:
It ain't me! You haven't met this guy yet, but his collection is insane. It literally takes hours to see it all.

So I'll be taking you up on that offer of hitting up the filming locations. Ah yes, just love inviting myself to these type of things.

Thank's DC. :D
Inviting yourself? I was counting on you driving.

Thanks DT. :p

Danny Terror
29-Apr-2009, 05:43 PM
Kool.

But then you have to bail me out of Jail too. And Gary.

gary
29-Apr-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm beginning to worry there might not be enough interest to bring him out. I was hoping this thread would have been off the charts with interest but there's only a few. The thread is getting enough hits but nobody posting. Do you think that means people don't understand what it is? :confused:

Danny Terror
29-Apr-2009, 05:58 PM
What's up Gary !!

Yes that could be it. Perhaps people don't get it. Any way to explain it in a little more detail?? This guy has GOT to attend. It'll make it all the better.

Danny T.

Yojimbo
29-Apr-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm beginning to worry there might not be enough interest to bring him out. I was hoping this thread would have been off the charts with interest but there's only a few. The thread is getting enough hits but nobody posting. Do you think that means people don't understand what it is? :confused:

Well, my wife and I are planning on coming up to attend, so I hope that more folks come on board so that you can get this to happen. Really looking forward to this, in addition to shaking your hand!

Perhaps people don't get it. Any way to explain it in a little more detail?? This guy has GOT to attend. It'll make it all the better.

Danny T.

I agree with Danny - a little more detail might make this clearer to the crew.

DubiousComforts
29-Apr-2009, 09:01 PM
Gary is talking about a fan that owns a massive collection of NOLD promo materials: original posters, lobby cards, photos, ad slicks, newspaper clippings, you name it. Last year, they utilized some of this material in a slideshow that preceded the screening. This year, Gary would like the Living Dead Festival to host this collection in a proper gallery setting. AFAIK, something like this has never been attempted before now.

Gary, at this point, you're not going to get the sort of off-the-chart response that you're looking for. The idea of displaying such a huge collection at a festival honoring the film is in itself so completely "off-the-charts" that nobody really understands what it means. You just have to go for it and allow word-of-mouth to spread as The Living Dead Fest becomes the ultimate event for Night of the Living Dead fans. Trust me, it will happen.

The festival is more than six months away, but already it will be a chance to see my pal Danny Terror (whom I don't get to hang with nearly often enough) and finally meet Yojimbo for the first time. I don't see how it can get any better than that, but obviously, it will. I can't wait! :D

gary
29-Apr-2009, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=DubiousComforts;186186]Gary is talking about a fan that owns a massive collection of NOLD promo materials: original posters, lobby cards, photos, ad slicks, newspaper clippings, you name it. Last year, they utilized some of this material in a slideshow that preceded the screening. This year, Gary would like the Living Dead Festival to host this collection in a proper gallery setting. AFAIK, something like this has never been attempted before now.

Gary, at this point, you're not going to get the sort of off-the-chart response that you're looking for. The idea of displaying such a huge collection at a festival honoring the film is in itself so completely "off-the-charts" that nobody really understands what it means. You just have to go for it and allow word-of-mouth to spread as The Living Dead Fest becomes the ultimate event for Night of the Living Dead fans. Trust me, it will happen.

DC thank you for your continued support. I guess I get so excited about stuff like this I expect everyone to be equally excited. The truth is I’m going to do what I’m going to do with the festival anyway. But I really want fans to get to see and do things they haven’t been able to do up to this point. This festival is a tribute to NIGHT and I want to do that justice. The thought that this might be a gathering place for people like you and Danny Terror and Yojimbo is what’s exciting to me.
Be patient with me, you just need to know how important it is for me to do this event right for the fans first and foremost. I’ll spend more time building a gangbuster event and less time trying to gather instant gratification. For any of you people that have done something like this you know you spend so much of your time in a vacuum. With last year’s event I didn’t know how well it was going to go over till the night of the screening.

Danny Terror
29-Apr-2009, 10:00 PM
DC- That's nice of you to say. I appreciate it and yeah ... Hooking up again to do "Living Dead" stuff is really gonna be great. Gary: - I am more excited about this event than you can Imagine. Me and Jim got to pal around with alot of NOTLD folks together last year, but he told me "You gotta meet Gary" and so I will. The show is gonna be fine. We are all gonna support it and all of us are going to spread the word about it. Shit, I've ALREADY talked this event up with some other Chicago NOTLD fans/friends so who knows what the turnout will truly be. I'm also looking forward to making new friends and seeing Kyra, Chuck and Judy again. Whatever you do just remember ...

As long as I'm going your gonna have fun. Trust me.

(Ask DC)

Danny

MoonSylver
29-Apr-2009, 10:11 PM

I didn't respond just because I'm not going to be there (I pretty much never get to go ANYWHERE...), but if I WERE going I would LOVE to see a collection like that!

gary
29-Apr-2009, 10:21 PM
I didn't respond just because I'm not going to be there (I pretty much never get to go ANYWHERE...), but if I WERE going I would LOVE to see a collection like that!

Moon there is going to be an Exhibit Book available so you will be able to see it that way. Also we are going to do special interview's with the collector via Skype on our website over the next few months.
Thanks for your support!!~ :elol:

Yojimbo
29-Apr-2009, 10:24 PM
I've never met Dubious in person, but looking forward to finally meeting him after all this time. Danny, as well, seems a cool dude and sounds like it would be fun to tip a few with him. Gary is the man, of course, so I gotta be there to shake his hand. To me, all this would be enough. But throw in the opportunity to see Kyra, et al, plus revisit some key GAR locations -- dudes, I can hardly wait.

My wife is also on board for this, and at some point over the weekend at her request we are going to take a side mission to Latrobe to lay some flowers on Mr. Fred Rodger's grave, something that we meant to do last time we were in Pittsburgh but ran out of time to do. Anyone who wants to tag along with us can feel free!

C'mon Moon! You can break away for a few days in October and come hang with me and my wife! Moon, you gotta go brother!

Debbieangel
30-Apr-2009, 01:51 AM
Sorry Gary I just saw this thread you put up and yesss most definitely I am up for it!!! I am very very excited!!!!:)
I am looking forward to seeing all of you guys there in Evans City..finally a place where I can go!!!
NIGHT is and always has been my fav of GAR's films and seeing all of the memories will be AWESOME!!!
So, count me in...I AM THERE!!!

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2009, 03:18 AM
Moon there is going to be an Exhibit Book available so you will be able to see it that way. Also we are going to do special interview's with the collector via Skype on our website over the next few months.
Thanks for your support!!~ :elol:

Very cool! Thanks!

C'mon Moon! You can break away for a few days in October and come hang with me and my wife! Moon, you gotta go brother!

GHAAAH! Don't tempt me!:D

strayrider
30-Apr-2009, 03:30 AM

Hey, I'm like you. With family, work, bills, etc, plus my commitment to the kid's music activities in the fall, there is no possible way I could make this thing (why couldn't have this happened six years ago when I was single and had $ falling out of my pockets?).

However, if I could go, I'd be doing back-flips over seeing a display like the one Gary is describing. Yes, definitely go for it! Diehard NofLD fans deserve to see something like this!

:D

-stray-

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2009, 04:16 AM
i'm about 95% certain that i'm going to be there. you never know what could come up between now and then, but it's been on my mind since DC first mentioned it to me....plus i've got pals around that area i've not seen in several years.

gary
30-Apr-2009, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=strayrider;186230]Hey, I'm like you. With family, work, bills, etc, plus my commitment to the kid's music activities in the fall, there is no possible way I could make this thing (why couldn't have this happened six years ago when I was single and had $ falling out of my pockets?).

stray now you got me up all night trying to think of what I can do for all the folk like you that can't make it out to Evans City!!~

Yojimbo
30-Apr-2009, 05:25 PM
i'm about 95% certain that i'm going to be there. you never know what could come up between now and then, but it's been on my mind since DC first mentioned it to me....plus i've got pals around that area i've not seen in several years.

Professor, hope to see you there dude. First round is on me!

Sorry Gary I just saw this thread you put up and yesss most definitely I am up for it!!! I am very very excited!!!!:)
I am looking forward to seeing all of you guys there in Evans City..finally a place where I can go!!!
NIGHT is and always has been my fav of GAR's films and seeing all of the memories will be AWESOME!!!
So, count me in...I AM THERE!!!
Yay, Debbie! Looking forward to finally be able to shake your hand and thank you personally for all the cool recipes you have sent my way.

Danny Terror
30-Apr-2009, 05:28 PM
Yojimbo thank you for The kind words.

I also look forward to meeting you and Mrs. Yojimbo at the Fest.We all will have a great time, I just know it. Please help spread the word about it as well. We need to get as many fans in on this as we can.

Danny

strayrider
01-May-2009, 02:14 AM
stray now you got me up all night trying to think of what I can do for all the folk like you that can't make it out to Evans City!!~

Heck, I'd be happy if everyone who does go would just take loads of pictures and post them right here!

As a side note: I ran the idea of visiting Evans City in the fall past my wife this evening. She kinda raised an eyebrow and asked: "Sounds like you'll have fun. Are you going to see "her"?" ("her" being an ex-girlfriend of mine who happens to live in Cranberry TWP). :lol:

I actually have no desire to see "her", but I would enjoy getting to EC for this convention. (and to stock up on a couple of cases of Iron City). So, at this point, I've moved to possibility of a visit from "impossible" to "maybe ... MAYBE".

We'll just have to wait and see ... family commitments, as always, will have to come first.

:D

-stray-

ProfessorChaos
01-May-2009, 02:27 AM
but what about your internet family, stray?:D

Debbieangel
01-May-2009, 02:57 AM
Yojimbo, I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife too!!
This is going to be sooo cool to meet internet friends. Ya all are soo coool!!!
It sure has been fun getting to know lots of folks on hp!
Only fellow "Deadheads" understand my love for the zombies!
What is cooler yet is all the intelligent convo's you all get into about the zombies.
Yeah, we are nerds...but lovable nerds!!!!;)

gary
01-May-2009, 03:29 AM
All right now we are talking, HARD CORE NIGHT PEOPLE hooking up in Evans City. This is my dream come true. Follow this little magical mystery tour and you will not go wrong. I don't see how we can keep up this excitement for another 6 months but we will have a blast trying. I do however feel like I'm just dropping in on a party that has been going on among you folks for a long time and I have some catching up to do. :D

gary
05-May-2009, 11:51 PM
Well that's one done deal!!~ The Gallery Exhibit of vintage "Night of The Living Dead" advertising from literally day one is in production. It's almost terrifying how happy this makes me. :D:D
I have a # of other very cool things in the works probably the biggest to the overall festival will be the re-launch of the website on May 14. Lots of new content, hopefully more informative and at the very least it can help bring a lot of like-minded people to a really friendly town to have a laugh. What’s wrong with that!

Danny Terror
06-May-2009, 03:52 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all, man!

Yeah can't wait to hit your new site on the 14th. I imagine it will get pretty Hyper over there. Actually, .... I can guarantee it !! :hyper::hyper:

Danny

clanglee
07-May-2009, 02:07 AM
God, I would love to go to this. . .but I highly doubt that I could get away for it. . . . . . . I need to make my pilgrimage to Mecca one day though.

Yojimbo
08-May-2009, 08:35 PM
God, I would love to go to this. . .but I highly doubt that I could get away for it. . . . . . . I need to make my pilgrimage to Mecca one day though.
Clang, really you gotta hook up with us brother. It won't be the same trespassing through the "hideout" corridor near Pennys, and getting kicked out of the Monroeville mall without you. Dude, we can slide down the Penny's escalator too before security gets wise!

Hope you might be able to manage to meet up with us, Clang!

DubiousComforts
08-May-2009, 08:58 PM
and getting kicked out of the Monroeville mall without you.
Who is gonna kick us out of the mall? Chocolate man?

gary
14-May-2009, 06:03 PM
As you might well imagine I’m quietly shitting myself that the new site will be up today. I promised myself that I wouldn’t start apologizing for things I didn’t get done on the launch day. If nothing else it will be the start of the new site. We will be making updates weekly until we get caught up, will see where it goes from there. The more Fan Support the greater the ability to expand production or production quality. I just love the fact that we have gotten this far on the dedication and generosity of some dedicated fans.
All the major events for festival weekend are in place and we will giving you guys production updates as things lock. I for the most part will be around the forums on our site 15-16 hrs a day. Most everything I do is done from my phone or my computer so I’m here anyway. I did want to mention that the forum software will be changing in a few weeks so we will have civilized forums.
Depending on where we are and how much our webmaster can process we will be up late tonight. Bob the webmaster has a day job as well and I got him info way to late so it’s been tough. But I won’t start apologizing.
:hyper::hyper:

Danny Terror
14-May-2009, 06:16 PM
Kool Gary !!

Can't wait to start polluting ... Uh I mean Hanging around the new site. We'll make it an awesome spot for NOTLD fans to Dwell.

Danny

C5NOTLD
14-May-2009, 07:36 PM
Very Cool.

Can't wait to see the new site :cool:

Danny Terror
18-May-2009, 02:23 PM
Where's it at??

gary
18-May-2009, 07:18 PM
Where's it at??

My last conversation with my webmaster was about this time yesterday and I had 8 fixes most simple but I fear 2 were heard and I haven't heard from him since. He does have a day job so at earliest it will be tonight. But who knows. :shifty::shifty:

Debbieangel
08-Jun-2009, 03:22 AM
Yay, Debbie! Looking forward to finally be able to shake your hand and thank you personally for all the cool recipes you have sent my way.

I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife too jimbo!!!