PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine 2009 - another sucky remake...

MinionZombie
02-May-2009, 04:20 PM
Find out why:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-bloody-valentine-2009.html

In summary - who'd have thought a movie about a psychotic miner wearing a gas-mask and swinging a pick-axe could have been this dull and toothless?

DawnGirl27
02-May-2009, 04:29 PM
I totally agree.
Do you remember years ago when I told you you needed to see the original because it was such a classic and you hadn't seen it yet? Glad you got to see it uncut. And glad you liked it so much, too. :p

MinionZombie
02-May-2009, 04:33 PM
That must have been many-a-year ago, summer of 2003 perhaps? Well, that's certainly when I finally got the DVD of the original movie - just a shame my copy was the hugely cut version (rated 15) - I must get a proper, fully uncut copy of the DVD sometime.

Of the slew of early-80s, post-Friday the 13th slashers, it's one of the best.

DawnGirl27
02-May-2009, 04:48 PM
Right around there, yes...
I remember watching it first at a class party when my whole class was staying over night at a class mates house. The opening scene, along with the scenes with the candy box, the dryer, and the pot boiling on the stove have all stuck with me vividly over the years. One of my faves - and you must now get an uncut version to add to your collection. Do - it - now! ;)

bassman
02-May-2009, 06:41 PM
I haven't seen the original or the remake, but I hear the remake was good to see in theater if for nothing else but the 3D...

Purge
02-May-2009, 08:32 PM
I haven't seen the original or the remake, but I hear the remake was good to see in theater if for nothing else but the 3D...

Yeah, the 3-D effect was the only reason to see it. I think the filmmakers themselves knew that it would blow goats and ladders and used the 3-D to compensate.

MinionZombie
03-May-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, the 3-D effect was the only reason to see it. I think the filmmakers themselves knew that it would blow goats and ladders and used the 3-D to compensate.
Even still, there's at least two major kills in which you would have expected to pick axe to skewer through the person's head and the point to surge into the camera lens - but no - one of the strikes to the head isn't even shot from the front, for crying out loud - we see the back, where we see nothing happen.

So even then, for some bizarre reason, they want it to be a 3D movie, but then they ignore the 3D aspect all over the place.

Plus the digital looks dreadful in this flick, and the acting is atrocious ... I mean really bad ... not quite as bad as the black-haired children's shelter chick from Freddy 6 bad, but pretty bad nonetheless.

AcesandEights
04-May-2009, 02:35 PM
Aww, that's a shame. I was hoping it might be a decent mindlessly fun movie and I was a bit annoyed that I had missed the 3D theater run.

Ah well, I know I'll see it at some point...probably.

MinionZombie
04-May-2009, 05:38 PM
Aww, that's a shame. I was hoping it might be a decent mindlessly fun movie and I was a bit annoyed that I had missed the 3D theater run.

Ah well, I know I'll see it at some point...probably.
There must be a 3D version on DVD, or at some point there would be ... surely.

That and the gore action is the ONLY reason to watch this utter pile of pish.

capncnut
04-May-2009, 11:48 PM
I had a feeling this one would be crap.:dead: