PDA

View Full Version : So, Wolverine?

Trancelikestate
02-May-2009, 05:44 PM
I saw it last night and i must say i rather enjoyed it thouroghly for a few reasons. i had extremly low expectations going into it. nowadays with comic films its either hit or miss. another major supporting factor for this movie is the travesty they called x3. boy that was tough to take. yeah they changed the wolverine story around a bit, but man i really liked it, and i've been a wolverine fan since 88 ;) what did u guys think of the finished product?

fartpants
02-May-2009, 06:29 PM
gotta agree with trance on this, i thought it was a great movie and would highly recommend it...

MinionZombie
03-May-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm off to see it this afternoon.

Haven't seen any of the X-Men movies - but I've got the box set coming, so I'll be able to barge all 3 X-Men movies next week.

Trancelikestate
03-May-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm off to see it this afternoon.

Haven't seen any of the X-Men movies - but I've got the box set coming, so I'll be able to barge all 3 X-Men movies next week.

1's pretty good, 2 f-ing rocked, and 3 was like that sound a dental drill makes. but that wolverine movie was fun man.

Purge
03-May-2009, 06:32 PM
The movie made a killing at the box office this weekend, but the reviews have been less-than-glowing. I bet it takes a Watchmen-like nosedive.

AcesandEights
03-May-2009, 11:29 PM
I was supposed to see it last night, but everyone else got cold feet about it :rolleyes:

DawnGirl27
04-May-2009, 12:54 AM
Saw it this afternoon. Liked it - plenty of action, some witty banter (which didn't detract), and although reviews iffy, thought it was quite good.

MinionZombie
04-May-2009, 10:25 AM
Put simply - 7/10.

Not great, it's not Dark Knight after all, but it's solid fun.

I think towards the end it just tailed off into action rather than having enough plot to see it through, so it was kinda like with Iron Man where the final bit feels a bit weak because it's just fighting, rather than fighting-with-plot-a-plenty, you know?

There was some plot in there at the end, but it wasn't that deep, and it was overshadowed by the final ruck.

That said, "Huge Action" (Hugh Jackman) was really entertaining, the whole motorbike action sequence kicked ass, and I enjoyed it even as someone who has not yet seen the X-Men movies - so actually, I'll be able to see them chronologically as a result of seeing Origins first. :D

Also - that opening credits 'Logan through the wars' thing should have been extended further - it was so awesome when he's storming the Normandy beach, that I just wanted to have say 15 minutes purely dedicated to the Civil War, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam ... but they didn't, so that was a bit annoying, but it was awesome while it was on screen.

Did anyone else think the claws in the bathroom scene looked REALLY bad? They were fine in the rest of the movie, but in that one scene they looked seriously shit.