PDA

View Full Version : dawn of zombie zeitgeist...

Mike70
05-May-2009, 12:34 AM
this is an article from the chicago tribune about the fascination with zombies western culture has at the moment and how zombie walks, zombie pub crawls, etc. are becoming more and more a part of popular culture.

it also has a nice bit in on the Zombie Readiness Task Force, which is made up a group of students from the university of chicago. this "task force" is now a recognized student group at the univ and was even given $5,500 to bring max brooks for a talk.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-zombies-0504may04,0,968226.story

DawnGirl27
05-May-2009, 01:22 AM
Fun article to read. Always cool to see how zombie culture is spreading. Thanks for sharing! ;)

AcesandEights
05-May-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow...

A few weeks ago, U. of C. hosted its annual Model United Nations conference -- four days of what-if scenarios handled by representatives from schools such as Harvard, Yale and Stanford. One mock situation that required mock solving? A zombie outbreak.

"It was controversial, sure," said junior Sam Fishman, an undersecretary general for the Model UN. "It's a serious conference. Some people got upset. But I thought it was fantastic."

That's badass! :thumbsup:

Good article find, Scip.

Dachan-da
05-May-2009, 04:40 PM
That’s awesome! I love all the social commentary present in most zombie films, so to see its affect on ‘pop culture’ is fantastic! Id love to go on one of the zombie pub-crawls, considering when I leave a pub I resemble a zombie anyway!!!!