PDA

View Full Version : Blood Freak playing on TCM

major jay
05-May-2009, 09:13 AM
I just thought I'd give a heads up to any bad movie fans. If your up at 2:00 on Saturday morning Blood Freak is playing on Turner Classic Movies.
It's a true classic piece of crap. Here's a synopsis of it.

A biker comes upon a girl with a flat tire and offers her a ride home. He winds up at a drug party with the girl's sister, then follows her to a turkey farm owned by her father, a mad scientist. The father turns the biker into a giant turkey monster who goes after drug dealers.

AcesandEights
05-May-2009, 02:31 PM
Man, TCM certainly does have a diverse opinion on what a classic entails, but I guess that's good. I seem to recall they had mainly B&W (cheap to air) films when they first started out.

I've never heard of this Blood Freak, but I'm not a hardcore horror aficionado. I'll give it a look if I catch it while TCM has it in their monthly rotation.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dachan-da
05-May-2009, 02:40 PM
A biker comes upon a girl with a flat tire and offers her a ride home. He winds up at a drug party with the girl's sister, then follows her to a turkey farm owned by her father, a mad scientist. The father turns the biker into a giant turkey monster who goes after drug dealers.

God dam normal British TV channels!!!! That sounds so bad that I would love it! I feel deprived of my TV poop viewing now.

major jay
05-May-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll give it a look if I catch it while TCM has it in their monthly rotation.

They only show it now and then on Friday nights/Saturday mornings.
Every week during that time they show cult movies and old educational shorts from the 50's and 60's.
A few weeks ago I caught The Worlds Greatest Sinner starring Timothy Carey.
He plays a rock n roll/religous/politican/cult leader type character. Of course he also wrote and directed it. It's a very strange movie, and terribly made, but his performance is awesome.

clanglee
05-May-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna have to try and catch this one. Turkey monster!! How great is that?

triste realtà
06-May-2009, 04:36 AM
This DVD is oop but rentable. However, the audio is so muffled that it is difficult to understand what the actors are mumbling on top of the fact that the sound was done poorly in the first place. So I'd DVDr it if you can cause TMC tends to fix things like that when they air these movies.

Do not miss this awesome movie, but it is more a Thanksgiving time flick.

The synopsis is wrong. The turkey farm owner is not a mad scientist (he is in the pious sister's church group) but his employees are experimenting with juicing the turkeys and Herschell volunteers to eat the meat for testing and turns into a blood drinking turkey man. There's a cool acid rock track, too.

major jay
06-May-2009, 12:26 PM
I love the thought of people waking up in the middle of the night, all groggy, turning on the TV and running into this movie by accident wondering what the hell is this shite!

Purge
06-May-2009, 08:53 PM
TCM is starting to become the new IFC. This past week, they played Evil Dead 2, and a few weeks ago, they played Blood Feast and 2,000 Maniacs back-to-back.

triste realtà
08-May-2009, 08:10 PM
This hasn't been on since the end of December and that was once in December, so catch it or wait half a year. TMC Underground chirons their movies, so if you hate that don't DVDr it. It seems like they may have some kind of deal with Something Weird who I remember released some of these movies on DVD.

The lab dudes at the turkey ranch say something about the caponization of the turkeys and required testing. That is castration of fowl! Also, they show an actual turkey decapitation. I hate when there's real live animal cruelty in movies. That's why I don't want to watch a couple of Deodata's cannibal flicks.:barf: Yet, billions of animals are killed every year for food and other reasons. This swine and bird flu stuff is a direct result of animal farming.

triste realtà
15-May-2009, 02:49 AM
This is on tomorrow night at 2am, actually, so you didn't miss it. Wake the kids cause this is pro-Jesus anti-drug valuable lesson viewing goodness.

major jay
15-May-2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry about the bad info. Yeah, it's on tonight followed by Reefer Madness and a couple of anti-marijuana shorts! :)