PDA

View Full Version : History Channel: Life After People

archivesofthede
05-May-2009, 08:52 PM
Has anyone else been watching this? Amazing little series. I kind of bebunks a few senarios from a few zombie books I've read. Who would have thought all the subways would flood in 36 hours and that the Hoover Dam would be the only place producing power after a few days?

tju1973
05-May-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes-- I saw the "movie" version special they had, and have been watching the series--

Awesome stuff--

Amazing that no matter how bad we f*ck the planet up, Mother Nature will find a way to even it out once we are gone...

AcesandEights
05-May-2009, 10:31 PM
Has anyone else been watching this?

Yup (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=9471&referrerid=102).

I've caught bits and pieces of the new series. It's decent, some real interesting stuff, but they tend to really draw the presentation out a bit, especially now that they are milking the topic for a series.

Yojimbo
06-May-2009, 12:00 AM
Love this series. Yeah, over the top it is, however, there are some moments that are creepy and sad and engaging all at once which makes me continue to watch this.

Danny
06-May-2009, 12:59 AM
loved the one off from a while back but ive yet to see the series, i saw the ads during another one the history channel did about chernobyl and it looked pretty rad, now im back online im gonna have to *aquire* a copy somehow...

archivesofthede
06-May-2009, 01:32 AM
I watched the On Demand 40 minute one and the 90 minute one. You say there is more?

What I found most interesting was the Power Grids.

2-3 days after people not there, Nuke Plant Safe Modes kicks in and power is down.

70% of USA is fossil fuel power. That goes down in 24 hours with nobody there putting fuel in.

Wind turbines, they didn't say how long they would last but mentioned problems with the lube and bearings.

And the Hoover Dam, the South West will have power due to the natural source for months to a year.

Amazing..

Danny
06-May-2009, 02:25 AM
didnt the origional say the hoover damn, mount rushmore and the pyramids would be the current marks on the world that would survive longest after were gone.

Cody
06-May-2009, 06:52 PM
100,000 years after people the only things left that could tell of people were the great china wall and mount rushmore

Danny
07-May-2009, 01:43 AM
100,000 years after people the only things left that could tell of people were the great china wall and mount rushmore

and forum threads talking about what the fuck whent wrong with heroes, that topics gonna outlast cher.

Mike70
07-May-2009, 01:51 AM
and forum threads talking about what the fuck whent wrong with heroes, that topics gonna outlast cher.

:lol:

that just made choke on my drink there hellz. i don't watch heroes but to quote judge wapner, "i know you've been sworn and i have read your complaint."

MikePizzoff
07-May-2009, 03:35 AM
I remember seeing one of these when they had the couple of one-off episodes, but I completely forget what channel it was on. So... what time and place can I catch these episodes? Or, are they all on OnDemand?

ProfessorChaos
07-May-2009, 09:18 PM
pizz, the network's in the title of the thread, my man...

Danny
07-May-2009, 09:34 PM
I remember seeing one of these when they had the couple of one-off episodes, but I completely forget what channel it was on. So... what time and place can I catch these episodes? Or, are they all on OnDemand?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/128669369425327629.jpg:p

tkane18
08-May-2009, 03:53 AM
From the show: 1 day after people...all the power shuts off because no one is manning the power plants.

I immediately thought of the scene in Dawn '78 when Roger and Peter are on the roof mall and mention that the mall still has power...must be nuclear.

clanglee
08-May-2009, 03:58 AM

Bah. . . I still like it. There were a few really good episodes this season.