PDA

View Full Version : Leatherface jokes about Face Transplant Lady?

DarkWisdom
07-May-2009, 01:38 AM
It had just occurred to me that you can probably mine a whole slew of Leatherface jokes regarding the recent Face Transplant case in the news, but I'll be damned if I can think of one! Please! If you got one let's hear it!

BTW. First Post. Hello everyone. I assume the proverbial "same page" we're all on here is titled Zombies, yes? Well I love 'em! Here's my list of zombie novels that I own. Please feel free to add suggestions!

The Zombie Survival Guide
World War Z
Day by Day Armageddon
The Book of the Dead
The Book of the Dead 2
The Living Dead Anthology
Dying to Live
The Rising
City of the Dead
Fears Unnamed
The Walking Dead Comics (up to #9)
One Rainy Night
Marvel Zombies

Mike70
07-May-2009, 01:58 AM
uh, first off welcome and beyond that i'm kinda fucked. as black humored as i am, i can't really find anything funny in a woman who was shot by her crazy husband (or was it ex?), lost most of her face and then needed to have a transplant.

Danny
07-May-2009, 02:04 AM
It had just occurred to me that you can probably mine a whole slew of Leatherface jokes regarding the recent Face Transplant case in the news,-

yeah, if your a dick. a dick in the same vein as guy who yells at a guy in a wheelchair "nice wheel stool assehole!", there different so its okay right?

real awkward first post dude, but welcome anyway.

ProfessorChaos
07-May-2009, 02:10 AM
there should be a screening test for people who want to join this site...

pretty tasteless, dude.:|

clanglee
07-May-2009, 02:20 AM
uh, first off welcome and beyond that i'm kinda fucked. as black humored as i am, i can't really find anything funny in a woman who was shot by her crazy husband (or was it ex?), lost most of her face and then needed to have a transplant.

Yeah but now she'll be able to "face up" to the reality of her situation.

With some physical therapy she may even learn to grin and bear it.

I know. . .I'm going to hell.

DarkWisdom
07-May-2009, 04:54 AM
there should be a screening test for people who want to join this site...

pretty tasteless, dude.:|

Whoaaa!!! Didn't mean to upset the sewing circle you got going here! The process of stitching someone else's face on people please! Nobody is making fun of the poor lady here! Damn you would expect a little black humor from guys who enjoys watching acts of undead cannibalism but I sure was wrong! At least about this place obviously!

MoonSylver
07-May-2009, 05:07 AM
Whoaaa!!! Didn't mean to upset the sewing circle you got going here! The process of stitching someone else's face on people please! Nobody is making fun of the poor lady here! Damn you would expect a little black humor from guys who enjoys watching acts of undead cannibalism but I sure was wrong! At least about this place obviously!

Hey don't call us a sewing circle! (we're into knitting I'll have you know!);)

Yeah but now she'll be able to "face up" to the reality of her situation.

With some physical therapy she may even learn to grin and bear it.

I know. . .I'm going to hell.

Yeah, but not for that. It's more for that one time where you...and then I...what was it again?

At least you're honest and not two faced. :lol:

clanglee
07-May-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but not for that. It's more for that one time where you...and then I...what was it again?
:

Hey now. . no need to go there!!!! ;)

At least you're honest and not two faced. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LoSTBoY
07-May-2009, 10:25 AM

Don't mind the old fogies, if you were a regular then they would be right along with you. ;)

Tbh she reminds me of the lady mask Arnie wears in Total Recall. :clown:

slickwilly13
07-May-2009, 01:51 PM
That asshole only got 7 years. He should get life. Or better yet. Blow his head off with a shot gun and finish the job he failed to do to himself.

Mike70
07-May-2009, 02:17 PM
Whoaaa!!! Didn't mean to upset the sewing circle you got going here!

khardis, is that you sweetums??

bassman
07-May-2009, 02:23 PM
khardis, is that you sweetums??

:lol:

Sometimes I wonder...

Seriously though...this woman has been through hell and back. 30+ operations, more pain than most people experience in their entire life, and probably constant thoughts/nightmares of when it happened.

That's nothing to laugh at, imo.:|

wayzim
07-May-2009, 03:01 PM
Honestly, good or bad taste aside, my first impression was she looked like the oldest son on Family Guy. And right after i saw her news conference, Family Guy came on and it was fairly close.

Cereally though, She has more surgery ahead to better contour the new face to her head so good luck with that.

Wayne Z

DarkWisdom
07-May-2009, 04:51 PM
Here.

Observe this medical practice.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/Lovecraft71/prod_887_29066.gif

How does that make you feel?

I really can't believe I'm getting this much static from alleged zombie fans over a silly Leatherface joke! It doesn't bother me emotionally, but it is damn strange. So where do you guys, or some of you, draw the line? This could get fun...

Let's just SEE what boundaries lie here at the HPOTD, shall we?

bassman
07-May-2009, 05:00 PM
I really can't believe I'm getting this much static from alleged zombie fans over a silly Leatherface joke!

I think it's pretty simple and already been pointed out. The line is drawn when you start getting a laugh out of someone's pain and misfortune.

We're fans of zombie films and more specifically, Romero's zombie films. That doesn't make us cold-hearted and inconsiderate towards real life issues.:confused:

darth los
07-May-2009, 05:02 PM
Don't mind the old fogies, if you were a regular then they would be right along with you. ;)

Tbh she reminds me of the lady mask Arnie wears in Total Recall. :clown:

I don't know who that would be but I get my ass chewed off here all the time by the mods and I have the infractions to prove it. And as you guys know I'm hardly controversial. :D

But I don't see how you can equate the viewing of "canabalism" (which is a misnomer because as we all know canabalism implies an interspecies activity. These creatures cannot be considered human. They prey on humans, not on each other, that's the difference.) (where have I heard that before? lol) with making fun of those less fortunate than us.

But anyways.... making fun of someone for something they can't control such as a disfigurement or their mental capacity is really low class, imo.

Also, it makes no sense on two fronts:

1) Virtually everyone knows someone who falls in either one of those catagories

2) it could easily happen to you.

If either of these two things doesn't deter someone from engaging in that sort of behavior that that's not someone I want to associate myself with or someone who's going to last long on these boards. That goes for someone who has 13,000 posts as well 2.

Two cents ova.

:cool:

Mike70
07-May-2009, 05:07 PM
I really can't believe I'm getting this much static from alleged zombie fans over a silly Leatherface joke!

now we're merely "alleged" zombie fans, friends and neighbors, because we don't find this guy funny.

come on, this dude almost has to be a former member back for round 2. in all the eons i've been coming here there have been very, very few times where someone with 3 posts has announced that they wanted to "test the boundaries."

the betting window is now open, folks. how long until this guy has a line through his name?

DarkWisdom
07-May-2009, 06:11 PM
now we're merely "alleged" zombie fans, friends and neighbors, because we don't find this guy funny.

come on, this dude almost has to be a former member back for round 2. in all the eons i've been coming here there have been very, very few times where someone with 3 posts has announced that they wanted to "test the boundaries."

the betting window is now open, folks. how long until this guy has a line through his name?

Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I'd join and see what others may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay too serious and politically correct for my tastes. And are unable to distinguish between a personal attack and a generalization to boot! Quick to condemn. Slow to understand. Knee-jerk reactionaries the lot! Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. You needn't worry of me "offending" anyone else here.

So since this is my last sentence ever typed on this site, do I win the bet? Don't bother answering. It's rhetorical and I'll never be back to read your response anyway.

darth los
07-May-2009, 06:15 PM
Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I join and see what other's may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay to serious and politically correct for my tastes. Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. I'm out of here!:dead:

So if you wanna discuss zombies by all means do so, we're waiting....

You wouldn't fit in here anyway dude. We have a nice community here precisely because we get rid of people like you.

So see ya, and I wouldn't wanna be ya.

MikePizzoff
07-May-2009, 06:21 PM
very liberal.

50/50, but we tend to look past our differences. If you [are able to] stick around a bit, you'll see that.

AcesandEights
07-May-2009, 06:33 PM
we tend to look past our differences.

Looking past people's differences is for commie, welfare case cry babies who watch the View, voted for Obama and wear 'salmon' colored button down shirts on the weekends with their Gap brand khakis. Go drink a zima, hippie! :p

Whewwww, how was that for stereotyping? :)

bassman
07-May-2009, 07:36 PM
"generalization"? How is making fun of the ONLY person in the world with a face transplant a generalization?

You don't have to be snappy and say you'll never come back. We would like to have you and any new members. We're just stating our opinion on your "topic". No need to be offended.

"last sentence". :lol: How many times have we heard that? Are you sure you're 37?

Chill out holmes. Enjoy the stay.

Mike70
07-May-2009, 09:13 PM
Actually I've never been to this site before. Never heard of it. Found it in a random search for zombie info. Thought I'd join and see what others may have to say about zombies and horror in general. Boy was I wrong! This is nothing more than "The View" with zombies! very liberal. Very touchy feely! Obviously you people are waaaay too serious and politically correct for my tastes. And are unable to distinguish between a personal attack and a generalization to boot! Quick to condemn. Slow to understand. Knee-jerk reactionaries the lot! Enjoy your gossip of puppies and butterflies. You needn't worry of me "offending" anyone else here.

So since this is my last sentence ever typed on this site, do I win the bet? Don't bother answering. It's rhetorical and I'll never be back to read your response anyway.

oh no, he doesn't like us. however will we be able to carry on? darth, pass me a box of tissues because the tears are welling up, man, they are welling up.

4 posts and this yahoo is an expert on us. wow. hopefully, he does stick around, maybe we can all get a free analysis from him.

ProfessorChaos
07-May-2009, 09:30 PM
good

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/28/please_leave.jpg

thread closing in 5, 4, 3, 2....

MoonSylver
07-May-2009, 11:01 PM

Aiii-yaaaa....another one of THESE? Really?!?!? Can we post a sign as you enter the site:

"You are not a precious & delicate snowflake. Your opinion doesn't count for shit. Neither does anyone else's, in the grand scheme of things. People are going to disagree with you from time to time. That's life. Get used to it."

Mike70
08-May-2009, 12:02 AM
Aiii-yaaaa....another one of THESE? Really?!?!? Can we post a sign as you enter the site:

"You are not a precious & delicate snowflake. Your opinion doesn't count for shit. Neither does anyone else's, in the grand scheme of things. People are going to disagree with you from time to time. That's life. Get used to it."

:lol:

that sign should end with: "have a very pleasant day - the management."

clanglee
08-May-2009, 12:22 AM

Yeah. . .

I've got an idea for a new game. . it's a Jump to Conclusions mat!! Get it? You put down the mat and you can jump to your conclusion.

In the new guy's defence tho. . being the sick puppy that I am. . I probably could indeed come up with some pretty horrible jokes. But then again I laugh at jokes about Helen Keller, The Challenger explosion, and even some Holocaust related jokes can elicit a reluctant chuckle from me. So some poor lady that I don't know, or have even ever heard of that had her face blown off. . . well. . . that's nothing compared to those other things really.

MoonSylver
08-May-2009, 01:02 AM
In the new guy's defence tho. . being the sick puppy that I am. . I probably could indeed come up with some pretty horrible jokes. But then again I laugh at jokes about Helen Keller, The Challenger explosion, and even some Holocaust related jokes can elicit a reluctant chuckle from me. So some poor lady that I don't know, or have even ever heard of that had her face blown off. . . well. . . that's nothing compared to those other things really.

Understood. It's not so much the taste in humor or lack thereof, but more so the drama queen histrionics the moment someone dares to question it. Not the first time you or I have seen this reaction.

Is this what our society is coming to? A bunch of wussies who scream & pull their hair as soon as someone offers a diverging point of view to their own? Gimme a break junior. I've had my opinion questioned plenty of times. So be it. Your opinion don't mean shit. Neither does mine, nor anyone else's, really. And Life with a capitol "L" doesn't care if your pwecious wittle feelings are hurt or not. It will grind you up & spit you out in a lot worse ways than some anonymous guy on the internet who questions your sense of humor or opinion on some movie.

*whew*...didn't mean to be so rant-y. Must be feeling bitter today...:rant:

clanglee
08-May-2009, 01:13 AM
Understood. It's not so much the taste in humor or lack thereof, but more so the drama queen histrionics the moment someone dares to question it. Not the first time you or I have seen this reaction.

Is this what our society is coming to? A bunch of wussies who scream & pull their hair as soon as someone offers a diverging point of view to their own? Gimme a break junior. I've had my opinion questioned plenty of times. So be it. Your opinion don't mean shit. Neither does mine, nor anyone else's, really. And Life with a capitol "L" doesn't care if your pwecious wittle feelings are hurt or not. It will grind you up & spit you out in a lot worse ways than some anonymous guy on the internet who questions your sense of humor or opinion on some movie.

*whew*...didn't mean to be so rant-y. Must be feeling bitter today...:rant:

No, you are right of course. The reaction was a bit . . . um. . . .over the top. The internet really seems to do that to people though. It makes people say things they would not normally say because of the lack of social filter. It's also difficult to REALLY understand what a person means with the lack of body language. Sarcasm and mollycoddling are diffult to discern in written form. And anger and disapproval can be blown WAY out of proportion. Some people are too thin skinned for the internet, because you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the writer of the message.

And hell. . .even if you are being insulted or disparaged. . . who gives a fuck? These people don't know you. . not really. What does it matter what they say about you? .

If someone on here called me a dick, I would assume that I was the private dick that is the sex machine for all the ladies. ;) Because. . . . well. . .that's true.

Also. . . .waffles.

slickwilly13
08-May-2009, 01:50 AM
I got a question. What are those 2 scenes from? The eye piercing and spooning.

Btw, to answer his question. There is a diffrence between fiction and reality. I have no problem with graphic violence in movies, because it is fake. But I see no humor in someone on the receiving end of a shotgun blast to the face, unless I feel they deserve it.

Mike70
08-May-2009, 01:58 AM
Btw, to answer his question. There is a diffrence between fiction and reality. I have no problem with graphic violence in movies, because it is fake. But I see no humor in someone on the receiving end of a shotgun blast to the face, unless I feel they deserve it.

ditto. i don't care nor mind even ultra violent movies because, as you've said, it's fake.

but i don't want to see real people seriously hurt or killed. there is a simple reason for that - because there but for the grace of the 'verse (firefly reference) go i.

Crappingbear
08-May-2009, 01:59 AM
It had just occurred to me that you can probably mine a whole slew of Leatherface jokes regarding the recent Face Transplant case in the news, but I'll be damned if I can think of one! Please! If you got one let's hear it!

BTW. First Post. Hello everyone. I assume the proverbial "same page" we're all on here is titled Zombies, yes? Well I love 'em! Here's my list of zombie novels that I own. Please feel free to add suggestions!

The Zombie Survival Guide
World War Z
Day by Day Armageddon
The Book of the Dead
The Book of the Dead 2
The Living Dead Anthology
Dying to Live
The Rising
City of the Dead
Fears Unnamed
The Walking Dead Comics (up to #9)
One Rainy Night
Marvel Zombies

Here are a few more you need to get.

The Dead by Mark E. Rogers. Put a dose of religion into the genre making it literally hell on Earth with the dead coming back.

Dead in the West by Joe Lansdale. Dawn of the Dead meets Outlaw Josey Wales.

Wet Work by Philip Nutman. Hitman becomes zombie and wants revenge on those who did him wrong in a zombie world.

Jailbait Zombies by Mario Acevedo. Book 4 in his Felix Gomez series. Gomez is a vampire P.I. whose latest case is an outbreak of zombies.

Long Horn, Big Shaggy by Steve Vernon. Another western zombie with mondo wierdness. Non traditional for sure.

Yojimbo
08-May-2009, 02:16 AM

Dude, welcome to the boards. Now hear this: If you cannot at least see how your very first post was in very bad taste and that your follow up posts have been combative and unecessarily so, then I am saying that maybe you need to check yourself.

I have made some bad jokes in the past which inadvertently casused offense -inadvertently being the operative term here - so I am not without my own share of past transgressions. But to react in the manner which you did to people who did take offense (which, giving you the benefit of doubt I assume was not your intention) is the mark of someone who needs to step back and give some thought to why you are here in the first place.

Did you come to start shit and make enemies, or did you truly come here because you wanted to hang with folks with similar interests? Along those lines, are you man enough to admit when you have stepped over the line, inadvertently or otherwise, and take the criticisim which you so profoundly begged for and caused to come down on you?

The members of this forum are good people. I think that maybe we all started off on the wrong foot, so please don't go swinging your fist around at us as if you did not have your part in making all this happen.

Very appropriate. How can someone have such a thin skin AND be a zombie fan?

clanglee
08-May-2009, 03:18 AM
This thread seems like the perfect opportunity to share with you all my evil dream that will never happen. It is the real reason I am going to hell.

I envision one day putting on a Passion Play, with a cast composed entirely of mentally retarded folk.

Oh yes. . . it is so wrong on so many levels that it is just the perfect storm of poor taste!!! I could go into the details, but I don't know if many people here could take it. ;)

ProfessorChaos
08-May-2009, 03:38 AM
making fun of religions doesn't bother me at all, since i claim no religious affiliation nor do i buy into any of it...personal attacks on someone over something that is beyond their control is another matter....but really, what would inspire someone to make a first post along those lines is a beyond me.

so anyway, let's hear some of it, clanglee..:D

Mike70
08-May-2009, 03:44 AM
making fun of religions doesn't bother me at all, since i claim no religious affiliation nor do i buy into any of it...personal attacks on someone over something that is beyond their control is another matter....but really, what would inspire someone to make a first post along those lines is a beyond me.

yeah, i'm right there with you - religion is an open season sort of thing. just because you "believe" something doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean that i have to tip toe around you. but a persons physical defects shouldn't be subject for mockery.

clanglee
08-May-2009, 03:50 AM

Well seeing as how much of the evil in my dream project lies in the "making fun of defects" department. . . not sure if I should share much. . .:lol:

Besides. . not everyone is as cool about the whole religion thing.

Unfortunately.. I find both religion and the special olympics very funny.

But I realise that not everyone else thinks like I do. My wife is almost afraid to stand next to me for fear of an impending thunderbolt.

ProfessorChaos
08-May-2009, 04:11 AM
guess i forgot about the part where your entire cast would be handicapped in some fashion...could still be funny, i suppose...

but yeah, i need an invite to the evil atheists conspiracy club...:shifty:

Crappingbear
08-May-2009, 08:28 AM
I am of a particular religious persuasion but it doesn't bother me when someone goes counter. I guess thats what faith means, not going postal when doubted.

LoSTBoY
08-May-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh well, you give a guy a chance and he turns into a douche, nvm.

Incidently, I recall a thread about Jade Goody dying of cancer which had people posting jokes and saying they were glad she is dead. No tut-tuts were posted there.

:|

Mike70
08-May-2009, 03:32 PM

Incidently, I recall a thread about Jade Goody dying of cancer which had people posting jokes and saying they were glad she is dead. No tut-tuts were posted there.

maybe because she was a relentlessly self-promoting harpy who was dumb as a box of hand rubbed rocks and not someone who got her face blown off by a psycho.

AcesandEights
08-May-2009, 03:54 PM

Oh, I know what you mean, LB. A lot of us--myself included--have made a few off color remarks (if not here, then somewhere else) in our time. It's kind of an ignorant way to say hello to a new batch of people, though. I think the derision was a bit unwarranted, but it certainly seemed to serve a purpose, as it uncovered the fact that the guy is a drama queen.

As far as religion as a focal point for jest at the expense of a person's faith...well, I have my own take on it. I try not to go for it, with the exceptions for when it's applied to really narrow lines of thinking, people who are unquestioning in a literal interpretation or those who fall into any of the following classifications of Faith:

1) Recently Made up Religions (Scientology). Yeah, they're all made up, but at least tradition lends gravitas and a cultural point of reference for them.

2) 'Re-discovered' Brands of Religion ("I will pray to Thor, god of thunder, as my Aryan forefathers did before me :|)

3) Attention-seeking Faiths (AKA, Angry-at-my-parents religion). Yeah, you're a Satanist...so what? :rolleyes:

4) Dogmatic Atheists...just as much a faith as anything else in my list. You'd think people might see that believing there might not be a god because there's no fundamental basis for, or proof to support, such a belief is clearly different than thinking you know there is no such a thing as a god and telling people it's a fact. Yes, we all like to think we know what's what, but when it comes to the reason why we're here and whether something as amorphous as a 'god' , a 'way to the universe' or a reason for our being here exists, to me, the best answer is "I don't know" or "I don't know but this is what my gut tells me."

I guess it usually comes down to whether someone is choosing to reasonably believing in something, as opposed to feeling they "know" and pushing their belief...or more to the point...the consequences of their beliefs on others.

Mike70
08-May-2009, 04:03 PM
I think the derision was a bit unwarranted, but it certainly seemed to serve a purpose, as it uncovered the fact that the guy is a drama queen.

this is one i'll be saving for future reference/use:

http://imagecache01a.allposters.com/images/pic/FTTD/N68~Drama-Queen-Posters.jpg

MinionZombie
08-May-2009, 04:34 PM

That's the "Perverted Joke of the Day" in the Lounge, a thread specifically made for tasteless jokes that don't break the rules, for those that want to enjoy a tasteless joke - if you don't want to, you don't have to read that particular thread, which hasn't had a new post in it for a few weeks now.

I think it all comes down to a time and a place for everything.

darth los
08-May-2009, 05:14 PM
oh no, he doesn't like us. however will we be able to carry on? darth, pass me a box of tissues because the tears are welling up, man, they are welling up.

4 posts and this yahoo is an expert on us. wow. hopefully, he does stick around, maybe we can all get a free analysis from him.

Quilted or regular?

See. now THAT'S sarcasm peeps !! :thumbsup:

No, you are right of course. The reaction was a bit . . . um. . . .over the top. The internet really seems to do that to people though. It makes people say things they would not normally say because of the lack of social filter.

We normally just call those people "internet gangsters" :moon:

I wouldn't say anything to someone over the internet that I wouldn't say to their face. I know most of us here are like that as well. Apperently we're in the minority on that one.