PDA

View Full Version : best. fan. film. ever.

Mike70
07-May-2009, 01:38 PM
"the hunt for gollum", which just came out on the 3rd, is a fan produced movie that tells the story of aragorn's hunt for gollum and his journey back to mirkwood with him.

this is by far the best thing like this i've ever seen. the production quality is high, the acting is darn good for a fan film, and the makeup on the orcs is done well. it's about 40 mins long is defo worth checking out.

amazing considering that it was made for less than $5,000.

http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/video/x93zji_the-hunt-for-gollum-hd-version_shortfilms

DjfunkmasterG
07-May-2009, 02:34 PM
Seen this, it is good, probably the best indie work ever done, but I don't buy the less than $5K budget. No frigging way. There is just no way they spent that little of money. The opening shots alone are stock footage which costs money, especially the aerial shots.

I would say closer to maybe $10,000, but no way less than $5,000.00

But budget aside it does rock nuts.

Wahsleety
07-May-2009, 04:10 PM
This is really neat, But $5000? The 2 cameras in the behind the scenes shots are worth at least $8000. I guess if you don't include any of the equipment or software, or everything was donated or rented cheaply than maybe 5000$ I never understood how people say my movie cost 500$, but they are using a 5000$ camera and 1000s worth of software!