PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez to serve 50-game suspension

darth los
07-May-2009, 05:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

Of course he has a built in excuse so we'll have to wait and see what the facts are but damn man.... :(

Judging by his body you would never suspect that he's dirty. I guess it's true what they say: In the steroid era evyone is suspect.

:cool:

AcesandEights
07-May-2009, 05:51 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

So glad we got rid of this dude.

Hopefully they will stick it to him and not bend to any appeals.

MikePizzoff
07-May-2009, 06:23 PM
HOO! HOO! HOO!

http://www.vulturedroppings.com/images/display/840blog_arsenio_hall_jason_.gif

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/mlb.best.world.series.shots/images/brad-lidge.22.jpg

darth los
07-May-2009, 06:52 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

So glad we got rid of this dude.

Hopefully they will stick it to him and not bend to any appeals.

Well, it's always interesting to see how a league will handle volatile situations involving their "stars" as opposed to their "regular" players.

For example, the NBA has a rule when if you throw an elbow at someone at the shoulder or above it's an automatic suspension. Now, one of their 'stars" by the name of kobe bryant threw an elbow at ron artest last night. So let's see how they "interpret" the incident and if the rules indeed apply to everyone. :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
07-May-2009, 07:19 PM
Yup, that's why I'm pretty much down on all organized professional and major collegiate level sports now. It's all bunk!

Yeah, I'll enjoy a game now and then and may drop money on tickets for a game to make my Dad or GF happy this Summer, but other than that...meh. I still love Red Sox fever and all that, but I feel have it in pretty good perspective. Pro sports are fun, but nothing that really matters or has any sort of majesty/sincerity/integrity or whatever high fallutin' adjective some people like to attach to these things.

major jay
07-May-2009, 08:25 PM
ESPN's reporting that he was taking a womans fertility drug called HGC. They say steroid users use it to jump start their own testosterone production after a steroid cycle.
He claims a doctor prescribed it to him. :lol:
The owner of the Dodgers has got to be pissed because getting busted doesn't void his contract. They still have to pay him!

I still love Red Sox fever and all that

Wow, a Red Sox fan living in New York? :stunned:

darth los
07-May-2009, 08:41 PM
The owner of the Dodgers has got to be pissed because getting busted doesn't void his contract. They still have to pay him!

You can bet that's going to be one of the topics in the next collective bargaining agreement.

AcesandEights
07-May-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, a Red Sox fan living in New York? :stunned:

Yup. Caught the bug from my Dad who is from a suburb of Boston and an old time Red Sox fan and, before that in his kid years, a Boston Braves fan.

There's actually a surprising number of Sox fans in the area, which is great; the more the merrier when it comes to hatin' on the Yankees :D