PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAN 2 gets its first image!

darth los
08-May-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.movietome.com/infocus/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=784070

It's not much but that's all there is for now. :(

The caption reads as if they had no Idea Tony Stark has upgraded the suit dozens of times lol.

:cool:

bassman
08-May-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm just waiting to see Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow.:o

darth los
08-May-2009, 07:15 PM
And considering the fact that the Black Widdow's suit is skin tight I'd say we're in for a treat to say the least. :hyper:

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2009, 07:16 PM
And considering the fact that the Black Widdow's suit is skin tight I'd say we're in for a treat to say the least. :hyper:

Mmmmm, Scarlett, Skin Tight... OH HELL YES!

AcesandEights
08-May-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm just waiting to see Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow.:o

Hear, hear!

I don't know what else to say. I mean, we're talking Scarlet Johanson here!

darth los
08-May-2009, 07:43 PM
It's funny how we discuss many other starlets on these boards and Scarlett Johansen Hardly ever comes up.

I'll tell you what though I'll take her over Jessica Alba or virtually any other woman ( Other than my wife that is :o Damn I hope she doesn't read this. Wait a minute.. gotta go guys..... if you don't hear from me in a week, someone call the cops !!) :dead:

bassman
16-Jul-2009, 01:30 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/laney_74/6a00d8341bf6c153ef01157115dbb0970c.jpg

Can't wait to see more pictures of her!:D

So these are the villians of Iron Man 2, huh? For some reason they don't seem to fit with what Favreau did with the first film, imo. Scarjo and Rourke give me a sort of Batman Returns villian vibe.:stunned::barf:

Of course this could all be awesome in the film...

EvilNed
16-Jul-2009, 01:44 PM
Rourke? Man, this franchise will be remembered as that of the Come Backs (I know, he did the Wrestler, but still).

bassman
16-Jul-2009, 04:49 PM
Rourke? Man, this franchise will be remembered as that of the Come Backs (I know, he did the Wrestler, but still).

Rourke's been getting alot of this comeback talk for The Wrestler, but what would have been the come back for the first Iron Man?

New picture....but still not exactly what I was hoping for....

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/Spideristic/ScarlettJohansson_BlackWidow.jpg

Nom, nom, nom, nom

EvilNed
16-Jul-2009, 04:50 PM
Robert Downey Jr., of course.

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2009, 04:55 PM

Yup. He's the come back king. Of course, when you keep putting yourself in the doghouse and somehow not managing to kill yourself, you afford yourself many opportunities for come backs.

He's a great Tony Stark, too. It'll be interesting if they pursue the 'Demon in a Bottle' storyline to any reasonable extent.

bassman
16-Jul-2009, 04:56 PM

Where was Downey coming back from? The dude had a great career before Iron Man. True, he shot to new heights playing a superhero just like everyone else does, but his career wasn't exactly in a slump before he played Stark.

Zodiac, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang(Awesome role for him, that one was), A Scanner Darkly, US Marshals, Chaplin, Natural Born Killers, Etc.

He's never really disappeared after his drug problems like many people seem to think. Now Rourke is a different story. He straight up quit acting for awhile.

EvilNed
16-Jul-2009, 05:23 PM
Where was Downey coming back from? The dude had a great career before Iron Man. True, he shot to new heights playing a superhero just like everyone else does, but his career wasn't exactly in a slump before he played Stark.

He was pretty much off the radar before Iron Man, and people didn't want to work with him. You can ask him yourself, or rather, read about it if you find the interviews. Putting him in the shoes of Iron Man was a risky move, but one that paid off. It was his come-back.

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2009, 05:30 PM
It was his come-back.

Just like some people thought his TV appearances in the late 90s (or was it early 2000s) were helping him come back...till he went on one too many benders and disappeared (yet again).

His talent and past performances aren't really called into question by many, but he has dropped off the map a few times due to his addictions, only to struggle back and drop away again.

bassman
16-Jul-2009, 07:05 PM
I guess it's just me. I've always watched and enjoyed Downey's work, so he never seemed to go anywhere in my mind....