PDA

View Full Version : FEARnet dropped by Time Warner

FEARnet
12-May-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey everyone,

If you haven't heard, FEARnet has been dropped by Time Warner and Bright House Cable and I'm working to try and get it back. If you're a fan of the network's original series like 30 Days of Night: Dust to Dust and Fear Itself, or if you enjoy the On Demand movies like Devil's Rejects and Hostel, please help us out!

We are trying to get 50,000 horror fans to join our "petition" at FEARnet's official Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/pages/FEARnet/56296974411 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/FEARnet/56296974411)

Thanks,
Jack with FEARnet

bassman
12-May-2009, 05:51 PM
Meh....I've got the chiller network.:D

AcesandEights
12-May-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, you posted in the proper forum. I'll give you that much, sir :)

Anyway, I don't think I've ever watched this channel, not available from my cable provider as far as I know. I do agree the general idea of seeing a horror channel go by the wayside is lamentable, so I have joined the group.

Good luck.

FEARnet
19-May-2009, 01:53 AM
Well, you posted in the proper forum. I'll give you that much, sir :)

Anyway, I don't think I've ever watched this channel, not available from my cable provider as far as I know. I do agree the general idea of seeing a horror channel go by the wayside is lamentable, so I have joined the group.

Good luck.

Thanks for your support (even though you don't have the channel!) We really appreciate it.

Jack with FEARnet

DjfunkmasterG
20-May-2009, 01:07 PM
FIOS called my house not too long ago and asked if I watched a bunch of channels, a survey of sorts, FEARnet was one of them. I responded I do watch it, but honestly I haven't watched it in months, other than to see Dance of the Dead recently, but the quality of the programming has been kind of bad.

Maybe you guys are focussing your attention in the wrong areas. There are horror fans out there, but a lot of what you play is not exactly movies Anyone wants to see.

You run a lot of the same movies on a repeated basis, whihc is not good. Get films like DAWN or DAY of the DEAD, maybe the original Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2, some Halloween or F13, all those great horror films out there and it seems you guys are picking at the bottom of the barrel, most of the time.

Oh, and ixnay the ridiculous amout of commercials during the shows. Either run it commercial free, or just run the sponsor ad int he beginning, quite annoying when you get into something that I have to watch a fucked up ad for AXE body spray.

Most horror fans do not use that kind of crap. You want to get commercial ads, get Budweiser, Doritos, Taco Bell.... AXE is not something you would find in the toiletries cabinet of a majority of horror fans.