PDA

View Full Version : bouncy balls take over...

Mike70
13-May-2009, 01:20 AM
san francisco (i'll pause whilst you chuckle) done? ok. this is what 250,000 bouncy balls look like when released on the hills of SF.

oh and before the inevitable cries of "fake", this is all real. there are no digital tinkerings just thousands upon thousands of bouncy balls.

this clip has a making of segment attached to it.

9NymcQJjPCs

blind2d
13-May-2009, 02:56 AM
That was really spectacular, but it's a shame that such an excellent artistic piece had to be used for a commercial. Oh well, that's the 21st century I suppose. Final word: Beautiful.

Mike70
13-May-2009, 02:59 AM
That was really spectacular, but it's a shame that such an excellent artistic piece had to be used for a commercial. Oh well, that's the 21st century I suppose. Final word: Beautiful.

i agree with you dude. it is a shame that such a marvelous piece of art had to be used for a commercial but even given that, like you said, the final result was beautiful.

MinionZombie
13-May-2009, 09:57 AM
Ah yeah, when I first saw that advert I loved it - it's just a great little advert - I'm not sure whether it was shown on American TV, but it was here in the UK. I think it was all over the telly in 2008, and I even got that piece of music off YouTube because it was so nice.

I bet it was a properly fun advert to work on. :)

bassman
13-May-2009, 11:45 AM
:stunned: That is mesmerizing!

MikePizzoff
13-May-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow. I can't describe that with simple words.

Mike70
13-May-2009, 02:03 PM
this one is fooking cool too. it's a block of the projects in scotland that were going to be demolished. sony decided to do a bit of repainting.

GURvHJNmGrc

I bet it was a properly fun advert to work on. :)

except for when it was time to pick up all the balls. i bet that was a pain in the keister.

capncnut
13-May-2009, 02:22 PM
Ah yeah, when I first saw that advert I loved it - it's just a great little advert - I'm not sure whether it was shown on American TV, but it was here in the UK. I think it was all over the telly in 2008, and I even got that piece of music off YouTube because it was so nice.
The only time I ever saw the full two minute advert that was shown there, was at the cinema. But yeah, it was a great advert, even when shortened down for TV. Thing is, they played it so much that it just got on my tits after a while.

I like that new chicken bites advert with the werewolf. Dude proper looks like Liam. :lol:

MinionZombie
13-May-2009, 04:50 PM
The only time I ever saw the full two minute advert that was shown there, was at the cinema. But yeah, it was a great advert, even when shortened down for TV. Thing is, they played it so much that it just got on my tits after a while.

I like that new chicken bites advert with the werewolf. Dude proper looks like Liam. :lol:
I don't think I got to see it in the cinema ... or maybe I did ... actually I probably did ... anyway, I do remember it being on telly a fair bit, but I was often not paying a lot of attention - but it's always been a favourite advert, one of the rare cases where you get an advert that's worth watching.

Don't know of this chicken bites ad you speak of though...

Mike70
14-May-2009, 03:53 AM

this one?

6kSTBqXuqpU