PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Headshot in a Zombie Movie

krakenslayer
15-May-2009, 09:26 AM
I was thinking of doing a poll for this, but there are so many cool ones to choose from it's probably just better to post Youtube clips of your favourites.

I'll get us started. I don't think this one has been bettered to this day:

c98EXIxEd5s
(the fact that the guy actually took the time to do slow motion action replays for Youtube is pretty disturbing. Then again, I started this thread, so... :p)

capncnut
15-May-2009, 12:15 PM
What is it with Italian movies and that crunching noise? Sounds like someone slurping the last dregs of their milkshake through a
straw. :D

Obviously the greatest headshot in a zombie movie is undoubtedly the one from Dawn Of The Dead, delivered courtesy of Wooley. As for best headshot period, then this video is most certainly a contender.

B1kzUd0AXiI
As is this one, fast forward to 2.45.

08v83f9myuo&feature=related

major jay
15-May-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll submit the Zombie Holocaust motorboat scene.
This is a long clip but the motorboat scene starts it off.

jXWsLl6MpUo

Publius
15-May-2009, 09:59 PM
As is this one, fast forward to 2.45.

The guy's head is blown completely off, but his hands reach up to feel for his head afterward? What's controlling them? Is he a ROTLD zombie or something? :P

capncnut
16-May-2009, 12:42 AM
The guy's head is blown completely off, but his hands reach up to feel for his head afterward? What's controlling them? Is he a ROTLD zombie or something? :P
It's the Mrs. Voorhees thing. When Adrienne King lops her head off at the end of Friday The 13th, she does the same thing and grasps for her missing head.

Publius
16-May-2009, 01:20 PM
Forgot about that. Guess some people still don't know what the brain is for and think (like the ancient Egyptians) that it's useless stuffing.

krakenslayer
16-May-2009, 02:08 PM
I think some people forget that most movies are not supposed to be a perfect recreation of reality - they are just stylised fantasy. Little details like that don't have to follow the precise physical rules of existence; in a movie, sometimes you can show or do things just because they're cool.

And that was cool.

Plus, isn't he supposed to be a demon?

Publius
21-May-2009, 11:08 PM

You're right, I wasn't familiar with this movie. I retract my criticism. :p

Crappingbear
22-May-2009, 01:07 AM
I think some people forget that most movies are not supposed to be a perfect recreation of reality - they are just stylised fantasy. Little details like that don't have to follow the precise physical rules of existence; in a movie, sometimes you can show or do things just because they're cool.

And that was cool.

Friday 13th was a demon character? Well.....I missed that one. The first movie had a good ending till the lake scene resurrection for shock value, it was at least quasi realistic. Jason, Freddy, MIchael Myers being indestructable sucked in my op.

Fyi, Texas guitar slinger Jesse Dayton will once again work for Rob Zombie on H2 the Halloween remake sequel. He will be doing sound track movie as well as a part in the film as a bar band. He was the writer, voice and creater of the Banjo and Sullivan cd that Zombie commissioned for Devils Rejects. I get to see Jesse play a couple times a year and he is always fun.

krakenslayer
22-May-2009, 06:32 AM
I was talking about the clip from Dust Devil, sorry. Yeah, I agree with you about Michael and Jason.