PDA

View Full Version : More Mad Max 4 rumours?

Neil
18-May-2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mad-Max-4-Really-Happening-This-Time-13189.html

MinionZombie
18-May-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mad-Max-4-Really-Happening-This-Time-13189.html
Could happen - we've had Lethal Weapon 4, Die Hard 4, Rambo 4, and now T4, to name a few.

Four-somes are they new "in" thing.

Eyebiter
18-May-2009, 10:02 AM
Considering the salary that Mel Gibson would expect from any live action version, the animated Mad Max 4 film seems more likely.

Neil
18-May-2009, 11:23 AM
Considering the salary that Mel Gibson would expect from any live action version, the animated Mad Max 4 film seems more likely.

Or simply a different actor...

EvilNed
18-May-2009, 01:01 PM
I would love a new Mad Max 4, but they'd have to do it with heavy stunts, and with minimal CGI. Because that's what Mad Max is all about!

capncnut
18-May-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't care who the actor is or how old Max will be just as long as it's better than Mad Max 3. That film does not exist to me.

AcesandEights
18-May-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't care who the actor is or how old Max will be just as long as it's better than Mad Max 3. That film does not exist to me.

I know you did not just defame the 'Dome, Capn!

I mean, sure it's got a lot of cheese and some...for lack of a better term...daft parts to it, but it has some incredibly sick action sequences and, I felt, some decent characters.

Was the overall effect too cartoony for you? I can see how the film could be too out there for some people, especially after the grit of the first two films.

bassman
18-May-2009, 03:05 PM
I love Thunderdome for the same reasons I like TCM2. It's cheesy stupid fun. Totally different from the originals and enjoyable for different reasons.

As for the character and story as a whole.....I honestly think this one is worthy of a remake. If in the right hands, a new Mad Max series could be really awesome.

Please don't beat me for saying that....

MikePizzoff
18-May-2009, 03:39 PM

Amen! The only redeeming aspect of Beyond The Thunderdome was the fact that Angry Anderson was in it.

AcesandEights
18-May-2009, 03:48 PM
As for the character and story as a whole.....I honestly think this one is worthy of a remake. If in the right hands, a new Mad Max series could be really awesome.

:(
Play something Ton Ton. Play something sad...

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/films/tt0089530/14529.jpg

I know what you mean, though, Bassman. It's a shame directing was split up for the film, though I suspect a lot of the parts people don't like about the film come directly from the script, I wonder how much the directing style of the dude who stood-in for Williams made a difference in the final product.

Truth be told, I don't know enough about the film's pre-production etc. to say one way or the other, but I have a fondness for it, especially the Williams directed action sequences.

All in all, though, this 'franchise' (uggh, let's boil it all down to dollars cents, eh?) has so much potential still, whether as a reboot or just continuing things forward with a different actor picking up where things left off with old Max.

capncnut
18-May-2009, 10:06 PM
Was the overall effect too cartoony for you? I can see how the film could be too out there for some people, especially after the grit of the first two films.
I think that pretty much answered the question. The first two movies had real grit - the atmosphere was dark and brooding.

Then along came Thunderdome with a candy-assed theme song and Tina Turner looking like a total idiot. :dead:

MoonSylver
18-May-2009, 10:23 PM

Y'know....it's odd...I'm strangely comfortable with the idea of a new Mad Max with someone totally different in the role. Don't know why....

For example, when an "Escape From New York" remake was mentioned, most fans went apeshit. No one wanted a remake, but rather a 3rd movie & couldn't imagine anyone in the part but Kurt Russell. Mad Max? I honestly don't care if Gibson plays him or not. I could totally see someone else in the part & it wouldn't matter to me. Now Martin Riggs? That might be different....

I'd rather see a 4th one than another reboot/remake. Just throw in a minute or 2 flashback in or near the beginning to catch anyone up to speed that HASN'T seen the 1st one & you're good to go.

krakenslayer
18-May-2009, 10:51 PM
According to AICN, all the vehicles and props that were mothballed when Mad Max: Fury Road was cancelled a few years back have been dug out and are being prepped for filming... :)

AcesandEights
19-May-2009, 07:59 PM
I think that pretty much answered the question. The first two movies had real grit - the atmosphere was dark and brooding.

Then along came Thunderdome with a candy-assed theme song and Tina Turner looking like a total idiot. :dead:

So, Capn, you're saying all you want is life beyond...the Thunderdome (domedomedomedome)??? :D

Want a bit of a scare? Maybe lose your lunch?

http://www.wildestdreams.be/bild.jpg
I warned you :lol:

capncnut
19-May-2009, 08:02 PM
Want a bit of a scare? Maybe lose your lunch?

http://www.wildestdreams.be/bild.jpg
:hurl:

Why did I click that? Why??? :D

EvilNed
19-May-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey, I liked Thunderdome. Alot, really. Sure, it was different from the first two. It wasn't as dark, but it was different in a good way. I still prefer Roadwarrior, of course, but the third one was great too.

I'm a big Mad Max junkie, tho. So I'd probably eat it all up.