PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls V

capncnut
21-May-2009, 09:50 AM
Just read an article that's a few months old in Maximum PC, where Bethesda exec Paul Oughton briefly discusses the new Elder Scrolls game.

"Potentially there's a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," said Oughton.

"At the moment we're not that interested in the Wii. We're going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC."

And where will it be set? It's no secret that Bethesda trademarked the name 'Skyrim' in 2006, so there's a great possibility that it could be the main location for Elder Scrolls V. Here it is on the map.

http://www.oblivionicus.org/graphics/maps/skyrim.jpg

So it could drop as early as next year, schweet! :)

darth los
21-May-2009, 06:10 PM
Hells yeah this is sweet cap !!

Alot is made about fallout 3 and while it is a great game and all it just doesn't quite do for me what Oblivion did for some reason. Perhaps it's the theme or whatever but till' this day I'll take Elder Scrolls 4 over fallout 3 any day.

It's a shame that the extra content given to fallout 3 is higher quality than that of Oblivion. For some reason horse armor and purchasing various strongholds throughout cyrodil just didn't cut it for me. I mean how many houses does a person need anyway!!( I have 10 by the way :lol: )

The knights of the nine quest was lacking in my opinion while the shivering isles felt much more like a true expansion.

Perhaps the next installment will have a much heartier list of expansions.

Bottom line is .... I can't wait. :hyper:

:cool:

AcesandEights
21-May-2009, 06:17 PM
You know, I've totally steered clear of this franchise to date. Is it worth getting some of the older titles to give a run through?

Danny
21-May-2009, 06:34 PM
darth i agree oblivion was beautiful, fallout was a nice tech dmeo of a coming soon game.
ace, grab the morrowind game of the year edition, poor graphics in modern terms but the first real sandbox game i played in a fucking massive world.

darth los
21-May-2009, 06:59 PM
Hells is definiley right but i would still recommend Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

You can't lose with either one though. :thumbsup:

krakenslayer
21-May-2009, 07:25 PM
I love everything I've played by Bethesda. I was a HUUUUUUGE Morrowind fan (played it for over a year and never finished the main quest), then I was addicted to Oblivion for ages too, now I'm a Fallout 3 junkie. I've even enjoyed revisiting the early Elder Scrolls games Arena and Daggerfall (the latter is set in a game world so big it would take literally two weeks to walk across).

Looking forward to the new one, although we don't know for sure if it will be an Elder Scrolls game proper. The main ES games have tended to arrive at the forefront of new technology (as with Oblivion), with occasional spin-off titles filling the gaps in-between (see: Redguard and Battlespire). Since it will be appearing about halfway through the lifespan of the Xbox 360 and comparable PC hardware, I have a feeling that this might be one of those action-oriented spin-offs as opposed to a true exploration-based Elder Scrolls game.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

capncnut
22-May-2009, 12:25 AM
Alot is made about fallout 3 and while it is a great game and all it just doesn't quite do for me what Oblivion did for some reason. Perhaps it's the theme or whatever but till' this day I'll take Elder Scrolls 4 over fallout 3 any day.

It's a shame that the extra content given to fallout 3 is higher quality than that of Oblivion. For some reason horse armor and purchasing various strongholds throughout cyrodil just didn't cut it for me. I mean how many houses does a person need anyway!!( I have 10 by the way :lol: )

The knights of the nine quest was lacking in my opinion while the shivering isles felt much more like a true expansion.
Oblivion beats Fallout 3 with an iron dick!!! I DO love Fallout but Oblivion has that 'feel' and is much more immersive. Like Hellzbwoy says, it is beautiful, nothing beats riding on Prior Marobel's horse with that lovely music melting in the background like butter dripping on crumpets. Plus Oblivion was waaay bigger.

And yes, it would be nice if there were better downloadables. I really enjoyed Knights Of The Nine and Shimmering Isles (courtesy of Game Of The Year Edition) but sooo much more couldve been made. The game is potentially endless. I didn't buy the horse armour but I bought some of the others, like the castle, that was f**kin way cool.

But yeah, maybe 2010, max 2011. Bring that c**ter on!!!

clanglee
22-May-2009, 12:43 AM
Never could get into the series. While I LOVE RPGs, this series is just too big. Too much stuff to do. I don't have enough time to invest in something like that. I like a little Linnear-ness to my RPG's. Just a little please.

capncnut
22-May-2009, 12:50 AM
Never could get into the series. While I LOVE RPGs, this series is just too big. Too much stuff to do. I don't have enough time to invest in something like that. I like a little Linnear-ness to my RPG's. Just a little please.
Actually the thing I love about Oblivion is that the whole world is there to explore, but if you can't be f**ked you can just whizz through the main story in 10 hours. Unlike other RPG's I could mention...

clanglee
22-May-2009, 01:45 AM
Actually the thing I love about Oblivion is that the whole world is there to explore, but if you can't be f**ked you can just whizz through the main story in 10 hours. Unlike other RPG's I could mention...

I just can't do that though. . . I am sort of a completionist. I will get side tracked by the side quests until I forget what the hell I was even trying to do in the first place.

capncnut
22-May-2009, 02:07 AM
I just can't do that though. . . I am sort of a completionist. I will get side tracked by the side quests until I forget what the hell I was even trying to do in the first place.
In that case then surely Oblivion is the ultimate, no?

clanglee
22-May-2009, 02:43 AM
In that case then surely Oblivion is the ultimate, no?

I've not played it. I tried Morrowwind for a bit and just grew bored with it because there was no good place to start.

But I meant that when there are that many side quests. .it throws me off from the main quest line too much.

capncnut
22-May-2009, 02:51 AM
I've not played it. I tried Morrowwind for a bit and just grew bored with it because there was no good place to start.

But I meant that when there are that many side quests. .it throws me off from the main quest line too much.
Actually Clang, Morrowind bored the c**t out of me. But Oblivion really blew me away. I think you should give it a chance because a. Patrick Stewart b. Sean Bean and c. Lynda Carter.

Wonder Woman still gives me wood.

http://tinypic.com/jl5jdi.jpg

And what's the stand-out part of that image? Her belt? :hyper:

Mike70
22-May-2009, 03:11 AM
lynda carter was...well words fucking fail. she was damn near perfect. if i was about to die and had one wish that would be fulfilled it'd probably be "i want to fuck lynda carter and kate jackson circa 1978." i die with a smile on my face for sure.

capncnut
22-May-2009, 03:18 AM
For me, Jenny Agutter...

...anyhows, Elder Scrolls...

ProfessorChaos
22-May-2009, 03:26 AM
i've not played any of these games yet, but i really like fallout 3, so i think i'm going out this weekend to pick up elder scrolls 4. i'll probably end up getting hooked on it and stop going to the gym and gain like 40 pounds eric cartman-style.

and holy shit, is that a camel toe or what?
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/93061-thumbs20up20monkey3.jpg

Neil
22-May-2009, 11:40 AM
I just don't have the time (or inclination) any more for games that require so much time to be put into them...

capncnut
22-May-2009, 02:23 PM
and holy shit, is that a camel toe or what?
Camel toe? I think it's big enough to qualify as asscheeks. :lol:

It's a safe bet that Lynda Carter will be back for Elder Scrolls V, as she was in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Also, PSP owners will be happy to learn that a scaled down version of Oblivion is rumoured for an October/November release called Elder Scrolls Travels.

darth los
22-May-2009, 03:31 PM
I've been hearing about that for a while now. Any estimate on a date?

Oh, and that Linda Carter pic is obscene !!

Good Find !! :thumbsup:

capncnut
22-May-2009, 04:18 PM
I've been hearing about that for a while now. Any estimate on a date?
November 1st is the unofficial date. But it could hit a few weeks either side of it.

krakenslayer
22-May-2009, 04:30 PM
Also, PSP owners will be happy to learn that a scaled down version of Oblivion is rumoured for an October/November release called Elder Scrolls Travels.

The PSP game was being mooted a few months after the release of the original, but was quietly dumped on the scrapheap without much acknowledgement. I've seen the site with the November release date, but can't actually find any new info or anything citing a new source other than that single "November 2009" thing. I would LOOVE to see Oblivion on the PSP, but I'm sceptical that there is anything to the new release date beyond a simple mistake and/or hoax by one guy on a single site.

ProfessorChaos
24-May-2009, 05:36 AM
just picked up the GOTY edition of oblivion today. very tempted to start it up, but i really ought to finish fallout 3 first...so this may end up sitting in plastic for a week or two.

capncnut
24-May-2009, 01:20 PM
just picked up the GOTY edition of oblivion today.Ahhh Prof, you a have a good coupla hundred hours of pure gaming bliss there, my boy.