PDA

View Full Version : Car chase video....

Neil
21-May-2009, 12:41 PM
So the guy nearly hits a police officer (deploying a stinger). So you can see why they react the way they do when he then puts up such a strong resistance when they finally get their hands on him...

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=8b190ba0-51b0-4518-9f97-68e36bd509cc&playlist=videoByTag:mk:en-gb:ns:VC_Supplier:tag:ENGB_pa:vs:0&tab=s1190634400496&from=video_module

capncnut
21-May-2009, 12:50 PM
Typical pigs, cowardly and flimsy. I hope the bloke takes them for all they are worth.

bassman
21-May-2009, 12:53 PM
He did try to run over a fellow police officer, so I can understand why they did it, but.....they shouldn't have..

Neil
21-May-2009, 01:31 PM
He did try to run over a fellow police officer, so I can understand why they did it, but.....they shouldn't have..

I did laugh when I saw the guy fall out of the rolling car, and just lie there motionless on the floor.... then the group of cops run in and the first one just thwacks him with a truncheon :)

AcesandEights
21-May-2009, 02:00 PM
I gotta be honest, I don't particularly like what the vocation of police/peace officer or constable allows people to get away with and turns some other people into, but were someone to almost kill a co-worker of mine through their actions (be it due to malice or rank stupidity) and I was in a similar situation, I'd probably throw a beat down the offending party's way. :(

Neil
21-May-2009, 02:05 PM
I gotta be honest, I don't particularly like what the vocation of police/peace officer or constable allows people to get away with and turns some other people into, but were someone to almost kill a co-worker of mine through their actions (be it due to malice or rank stupidity) and I was in a similar situation, I'd probably throw a beat down the offending party's way. :(

+ this idiot was endangering civilian lives as well...

There's nothing there really that he didn't really deserve...

Mike70
21-May-2009, 02:43 PM
There's nothing there really that he didn't really deserve...

except for the fact that he was unconscious and not resisting.

all 5 of the cops involved in this have been fired and will probably face criminal prosecution. bravo to that. anyone who would beat an unconscious person with a nightstick has no business being a cop whatsoever.

i'd really like to know why it took over a year for this video to surface?

here's an article with more info:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/20/alabama.police.beating/index.html#cnnSTCText

DjfunkmasterG
21-May-2009, 02:49 PM
However, the law does allow a suspect the same rights as a law abiding citizens, and assault, no matter what the circumstances is still a crime no matter if you wear a badge or not.

The simple fact that after being ejected from the car, which is clearly shown officers ran in and began a severe beating, which could have caused even further injury to the suspect. Their actions were not only cowardly, but down right unwarranted. Whether or not the guy was a twit.

The law is suppose to be there to protect us from criminals, not be judge jury and executioner. The days of Wyatt Earp are long gone. Once cops learn this and start acting like real cops and not UFC wannabes maybe they will earn some respect.

A real cop is someone who know people in their community, knows their locale and knows how to serve, and protect. One of thier oaths after being sworn in is that of respect and professionalism, none of which was on display in that video.

Now, whether it was right or not, did the guy deserve a beating... yes, however, it could have waited until it was in the county lock-up away from the watchful eyes of the all prying camera.