PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 trailer

CoinReturn
25-May-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/reveal-trailer-modern-warfare/49655

Looks intense! I can't believe all the detail they're able to inject while still maintaing 60 frames per second.

Edit: gametrailers has really shitty compression, here's a link to a way better quality 60fps version:

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/video/Modern_Warfare_2_-_Reveal.mp4.zip

MinionZombie
25-May-2009, 10:05 AM
lol, I was literally just about to come and post this. :)

A nice little surprise it was to see it up on Machinima's YouTube account this morning - and finally, and ACTUAL trailer.

The game looks friggin awesome - the airport stuff, the stuff in the streets with all those cars, and that bit where you get yanked up out of that deep hole that's exploding (in the castle) were all highlights for me.

I've got this on pre-order, and have had it as such for a weeks, and I can't wait to play it. When COD4 exploded onto the scene it was boner-time alright, COD:MW2 is gonna be boner-time plus the happy finish. :D

MikePizzoff
26-May-2009, 05:28 AM
I really can't wait for this. I made a dumb move and sold CoD4 just before CoD:WAW came out. World At War was alright, but it just didn't hold my attention very well and the multiplayer was extremely frustrating. Can't wait to get my hands on this because I know Infinity Ward won't stray away from the great formula they had with CoD4.

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 09:47 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t303/monkeyd1/RandyMarshJizz-1.jpg

That's what I think, basically. :)

I've been through COD:WAW three times now, and it's a solid game. Not up to Infinity Ward's standards (the X factor is a bit lacking), but way better that COD3 which was all over the place and technically inferior - rushed and ill-fitting to the franchise, so it was.

COD4's the daddy though, so I'm rather looking forward to MW2 - which is apparently LONGER than COD4 - WOOHOO!!!!!

My main complaint about COD4 is the length, it's too bloody short ... and it also feels a bit linear when you replay it a couple of times ... other than that, COD4 was super awesome - and MW2 is looking boner-juicingly great!

Tricky
26-May-2009, 11:00 AM
In my opinion,the one thing the COD games need to do is move away from the corridor style gameplay,ive loved all the COD games ive played,they totally stole the crown from the medal of honor series!but once you've had one play through,you know where all the trigger points are that kick off certain set pieces & it just becomes a point & click shooting gallery that holds no suprises!

capncnut
26-May-2009, 11:04 AM
These games all look the bloody same.

<lobs grenade into thread> :D

MinionZombie
26-May-2009, 11:57 AM

*lobs grenade back to Capn with his Right Button* :p

(How nerdy was that come back? Awwww yeah). :lol:

Tricky - aye, like I was saying earlier, the problem with COD4 (aside from being too bloody short), was that after you'd done it once or twice, you knew the path and method like the back of your hand, and indeed you can rush through a level on a re-play really quickly.

I don't have a problem with scripted events, but they could do with combining those in a wider playing field that's not so path-like.

MikePizzoff
26-May-2009, 06:57 PM
*lobs grenade back to Capn with his Right Button* :p

(How nerdy was that come back? Awwww yeah). :lol:

You want nerdy? Technically, RB stands for Right Bumper.

ProfessorChaos
26-May-2009, 08:53 PM

...says the dude who's mastered every tony hawk game ever made.:D

i wasn't really expecting much more than another cod4, but this trailer has peaked my interest. those rio levels look pretty sharp.

this is being released on the usmc's birthday. seems like they release another cod every year around veteran's day lately...way to honor the troops activision, by taking a bunch of money from them when they're all motardivated and gung-ho.

i'll probably end up getting this, but the call of duty franchise ( and yes, i know this isn't technically a cod game, but it's the same bitch with a different face, if you catch my drift) is starting to remind me of ea sports, the guitar queer-o fad, and a certain skateboarding franchise. yearly installments really suck all the life out of a good idea in a hurry.:|

capncnut
26-May-2009, 09:39 PM
...says the dude who's mastered every tony hawk game ever made.:D
Fair play, I deserved that. :lol:

bassman
26-May-2009, 10:09 PM
I still haven't played the original Modern Warfare. I guess I should look out for that after Ghostbusters is finished.

ProfessorChaos
26-May-2009, 10:57 PM
yes, you should probably do that. in fact, you should try to go ahead and complete it before ghostbusters comes out. it's definitely worth checking out....just look at how mz goes on and on about it...:D

bassman
27-May-2009, 03:11 AM
yes, you should probably do that. in fact, you should try to go ahead and complete it before ghostbusters comes out. it's definitely worth checking out....just look at how mz goes on and on about it...:D

I'll definitely look for it, but Ghostbusters comes first, my friend.:cool:

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 10:33 AM
I'll definitely look for it, but Ghostbusters comes first, my friend.:cool:
But you can bash through COD4 in a weekend - I did anyway - on easy mode.

Regardless, COD4 rocks every single ball on the planet, human and animal.

So MW2 is going to be super-super-spoodge-worthy-awesome-great. You heard it here first, mark my words - there'll be jizz-plosions across the globe come November 10th.

Awwwwww yeah.

BioShock 2 will have to wait till Xmas methinks, so I can invest time in it more exclusively ... especially if the GTA IV "Episodes" disc comes out in the Autumn (which hopefully it will).

Tricky
27-May-2009, 11:47 AM
I keep wanting to buy COD4 and play the whole thing through as ive only played the demo (which is great,but as i said before,suffers the COD thing of been pant wettingly awesome the first time round,then utterly linear on replay) the thing thats stopped me so far is that despite the game being around a year & a half old now,its STILL £30 in all games shops,despite the fact other awesome games released around the same time or even as recently as a few months ago can be picked up for a tenner in the local game shop on the bargain shelf,i dont really understand why :confused:

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 12:26 PM
I keep wanting to buy COD4 and play the whole thing through as ive only played the demo (which is great,but as i said before,suffers the COD thing of been pant wettingly awesome the first time round,then utterly linear on replay) the thing thats stopped me so far is that despite the game being around a year & a half old now,its STILL £30 in all games shops,despite the fact other awesome games released around the same time or even as recently as a few months ago can be picked up for a tenner in the local game shop on the bargain shelf,i dont really understand why :confused:
I've noticed the same thing, I'm astonished it's still going for £30 on PC when you can get other games for a third of that price.

Must be simply because it's still so popular (surely everyone's already bought it? Well, except you :p) ... do get it though when you find it for cheaper, you'll get at least one bloody excellent run out of it, if not two ... but then at that point you'll notice the "track-like" nature of it.

Craig
27-May-2009, 03:11 PM
I completed it in a single Saturday on hardened mode, just thought I'd throw that in

The MW2 trailer fails to fill me with much excitement, I mean CoD4 was a good when I got around to playing it but as far as hype and trailers go, 'meh' is the only way to describe my feelings towards it, for me it just needs to be played for me to judge it.

MikePizzoff
27-May-2009, 04:33 PM

But isn't that boring? I never play games on easy; always normal and up for me.

MinionZombie
27-May-2009, 05:34 PM
But isn't that boring? I never play games on easy; always normal and up for me.
Nope - not for me anyway - I find being challenged in a videogame boring. I find getting killed over and over and struggling to beat a boss etc incredibly boring.

I just wanna have fun, see what shit I can do, gawp at the graphics and - again for emphasis - just have fun.

Craig
28-May-2009, 12:22 AM
Nope - not for me anyway - I find being challenged in a videogame boring. I find getting killed over and over and struggling to beat a boss etc incredibly boring.

I just wanna have fun, see what shit I can do, gawp at the graphics and - again for emphasis - just have fun.
I'm pretty much the opposite in that respect, I'll use CoD:WaW (not bad game) as an example that you can hopefully relate to. I was only borrowing it for a week from my friend and I'd completed it on hardened difficulty already... I wanted to get the most out of it an figured that veteran would be more up my alley.

As you can guess I spent like half my time ducking for cover, but with the added difficulty I found it much more immersive than if I could 'gung-ho' it Rambo style. During the mission where you're introduced to the flamethrower I spent most of my time crawling on my stomach, throwing grenades in every possible hole the Japanese could be hiding and nearer the end of the level I was letting loose with the flamethrower every few feet I advanced as a precaution... for me that's just a much better game experience, to actually feel threatened by the enemies and their weapons.
Obviously far far removed from the actual events (as almost any media based on war will be) but just that tiny bit closer to it. If only they added a bit more realism and did a bit more research, and if it wasn't so very scripted it could've become a favourite for me.

As other examples; my favourite WWII FPS to date (Red Orchestra) you can easily die in one shot and again, spend a lot of time taking cover and I'm currently playing a strategy game with missions that take absolutely hours, a good few of them are spent doing non-combat things like removing mines, reconning the enemy and re-supplying troops. I'm only 17 and (unless there's a severe nostalgia factor) seemingly incapable of enjoying something without the 'substance' to back it up, I'm not really ashamed of that, I just feel the need to explain myself now and again.

Danny
28-May-2009, 12:55 AM

actually i agree, im pretty much done with war games, especially fps shooters. the last war game i enjoyed was resistance, and that was a sci-fi shooter based around an alternate WWII and the last war game i liked was GRAW.
I know your first thought is im just complaining or bieng jaded but honestly theres never anything new brought to the table and after hundreds of war games and shooters im just apathetic to a game where the goal is kill everything on the other side y'know?

Maybe that's why ive been digging stuff like braid and flower way more lately but im just burnt out on them i think, i know this looks good, and that i'll probably have fun playing it, but i just dont care about another game shooting generic bad guys.

Which makes you wonder, how long till other people get the same way?, surely everyone whos not the typical gun nut who wanks off to first blood (-insert cap with a teribble pedophile joke here-) will eventually tire of this, i mean i know pretty much everyones sick of the generic gas mask troopers from fear and stuff already, how long till you too see a "big war game release" and just get a meh vibe from it?

because it WILL happen eventually, you have been warned.

MinionZombie
28-May-2009, 09:56 AM
Nah, there'll always be people who just love shooters - and new recruits to the same ranks every year too, even if some grow tired of them ... ... j-j-j-jaaaaaded. :p

Shooters are my favourite type of game anyway, be they 3rd or 1st person perspective. That's just me and my taste - it can be COD4, or it can be BioShock, or a GTA or Saints Row or Crackdown, or there's a couple of Tony Hawks in there, and a couple of PGRs, and a couple of Rainbow Six's, and even Splinter Cell.

I really only stick, in shooter terms, with the genre headliners, rather than waste my time with the actually generic wank that gets churned out like Kane & Lynch, which looks pish just from YouTube videos, or Army Of Two, which I've got no interest in...even Mercenaries 1 or 2 didn't interest me enough to get me playing.

Tricky
28-May-2009, 10:42 AM
Thats why im far more interested in war games like operation flashpoint & ArmA,they are far removed from the generic run & gun shooters like CoD & a lot more realistic!in the first op flashpoint if your alone & you spot an enemy platoon its best to just hope they didnt spot you & hide somewhere,watching them through your binocs till they've gone,you'll get your arse handed to you otherwise!much more realistic & tense i think,the enemy are intelligent & genuinely dangerous

CoinReturn
28-May-2009, 02:17 PM
The campaign in the CoD franchise has always been about struggling from point to point, getting past enemy "spawn closets" in the process. Apparently IW fixed it in MW2 so that you're constantly moving forward instead of trapped by a million guys spawning all around you, which is a step in the right direction.

While I'll probably play through it a couple times, the real meat and potatoes of Modern Warfare is the multiplayer. Infinity Ward has stated they'll be adding modes and features never before seen in a FPS before, so I can't wait to see what they churn out.

Thats why im far more interested in war games like operation flashpoint & ArmA,they are far removed from the generic run & gun shooters like CoD & a lot more realistic!in the first op flashpoint if your alone & you spot an enemy platoon its best to just hope they didnt spot you & hide somewhere,watching them through your binocs till they've gone,you'll get your arse handed to you otherwise!much more realistic & tense i think,the enemy are intelligent & genuinely dangerous

Apples and oranges. They're both quality titles, but utilize completely different play styles. Sometimes I feel like shooting my way through a mob of bad guys instead of hiding in the grass for ten minutes, ya know?

MinionZombie
28-May-2009, 05:51 PM
Apples and oranges. They're both quality titles, but utilize completely different play styles. Sometimes I feel like shooting my way through a mob of bad guys instead of hiding in the grass for ten minutes, ya know?

Sums it up perfectly.

Plus don't be dissin' COD like it's Army of Two or some wank, Tricky. :rockbrow::sneaky::D

Danny
28-May-2009, 06:59 PM
Sums it up perfectly.

Plus don't be dissin' COD like it's Army of Two or some wank, Tricky. :rockbrow::sneaky::D

god, just thinking about that game literally pisses me off.:mad:

MinionZombie
28-May-2009, 07:27 PM
god, just thinking about that game literally pisses me off.:mad:
:lol:

*pictures hellsing thinking about Army of Two*

LULZORZ :D

Tricky
28-May-2009, 08:12 PM

:lol: dont worry,check my PC games shelf,its got all the medal of honor games,CoD 1 & 2,Red Orchestra,battlefield 2,both far crys,Doom 3,Quake 4,HL2,Halo & op flashpoint sitting there,i certainly dont diss the CoD!but as im getting older & also doing military training myself now,i prefer a bit of depth in my war games :p